The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
I gotta disagree with you there, because I haven't seen Rey do any of the stuff that Sin Cara has done. And if he did, then it must've been real early in his career.

Go on youtube type in Rey Misterio with the "I" and you'll see Sin Cara is good I liked how he jumped in the ring like that but Rey is better well when he was young anyway.

I'd put the likelihood of this type of match happening at less than 30%, but with a match of this magnitude with two Superstars in as good a shape as they are in (the year time frame gives Rock plenty of time to train between movie work)....the ONLY proper way to settle this would be an Iron Man match.

Its been a while since we've seen one at Wrestlemania (the only other one to happen at the big event was probably Shawn Michael's single greatest match, against Bret Hart at Wrestlemania XII where he finally captured his first Heavyweight Title).

Cena could do an iron man match, and Rock could get in the shape this next year to do one if he's not already there (physically he is, just would question whether he'd have the stamina). That would be the best, and IMO the ONLY match suitable for Rock vs. Cena at Wrestlemania. Give those two guys the last hour of the show and let them produce pure wrestling gold for the ages.

You can't tell me there would be a better match setting than the Iron Man match.

They could sell out of WM tickets in less than two hours TODAY, without any other matches on the card, if they announced that would be the headline match (Rock vs. Cena in an Iron Man Match)

I'd just settle for seeing The Rock on Monday Night RAW, instead of another retarded Disney movie :-|
If it means that this whole plot is dragged on for a year, to see him on RAW, then so be it.

Sure beats "Tooth Fairy," or any OTHER dumb shit role that he's given.
The Rock has a knack for picking shitty movie roles, just like Vin Diesel.

Go on youtube type in Rey Misterio with the "I" and you'll see Sin Cara is good I liked how he jumped in the ring like that but Rey is better well when he was young anyway.

I know, that's why I said it must've been real early in his career. :laugh:

I haven't been into wrestling since The Rock and Stone Cold left, but a couple of wkends ago, I watched the top 50 Wrestlers of All-Time by WWE and I was pissed they left out "The Ultimate Warrior".

I was excited about that DVD, until I saw the ranking order. I believe they had Hogan at something like #20. Really? The person responsible for where the wrestling industry is at today, who single handedly carried Wrestlemania for the first 9 years, the second longest reigning WWE champion in history (behind Bruno Sammartino) and you're going to put him at #20 or in the 20s of the greatest ever?

There a handful of guys you can make arguments for in addition to Hogan as being the #1 wrestler of all time (Flair, Michaels, Austin, Sammartino, Andre, Undertaker) but Hogan should be #1 on most lists by most any combination of things you want to consider both quantifiable and intangible, and no lower than #3 on any list.

That and a couple of other absurdities I can't recall off the top of my head about the order means the list didn't pass the laugh test and couldn't be taken seriously, so I passed on even thinking of buying it. Its a complete joke, much like the hall of fame or most anything else Vince does these days he expects to be taken seriously.

Yeah, I agree. Rey is one of my favorite wrestlers. He is SO fun to watch. Mind you, Sin Cara will be interesting to watch too...

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for those two to tag team together.

That would be SO badass.

Last edited:
I would love to see them tag team, but it's all up to creative and right now, creative wants him to feud with Sheamus apparently.

Rey Misterio and Psicosis did some amazing work in the mid 90s when they were in ECW. Pretty sure it's what got them noticed by WCW.

You have to remember Rey's been wrestling since he was 15 so he's not able to do everything now he was back then, but when he first hit the scene he was doing stuff literally no one had seen up to that point.

Rey Misterio and Psicosis did some amazing work in the mid 90s when they were in ECW. Pretty sure it's what got them noticed by WCW.

You have to remember Rey's been wrestling since he was 15 so he's not able to do everything now he was back then, but when he first hit the scene he was doing stuff literally no one had seen up to that point.

And that's what made him so memorable. Nowadays, yes he can't do a lot of the same moves, but he still puts his body on the line with the other high-flying moves he can do.

Macho Man wins.

That's supposed to be Hulk Hogan. :laugh:

WWE showed an Awesome Kong promo and it looked nice. Can't wait for her to debut.

And that Sin Cara/Primo match was amazing. Looked exactly like their dark match they had a few weeks ago.

Saw Awesome Kong's promo. CAN'T WAIT.

Sin Cara fighting next.

SIN CARA >>>>>>>>>>> REY MYSTERIO

Rey can kiss my ass.

So, all the sites I'm going to are saying that Edge's retirement is legit.. not that I think WWE isn't above trying to pull a big secret angle. But if it is true, what a shocker. Never the biggest Edge fan, but that kinda sucks.

Edge has been in pro wrestling for a really long time now. I wouldn't be shocked if the Undertaker retired for good in the next few years too.

sucks that edge retired.....and one thought on the rock cena match for next year....i don't think they really thought it through....what if one of them gets hurt and can't make it to mania next year.....and hopefully the rock doesn't disappear until February of next year....

So, all the sites I'm going to are saying that Edge's retirement is legit.. not that I think WWE isn't above trying to pull a big secret angle. But if it is true, what a shocker. Never the biggest Edge fan, but that kinda sucks.

Yeah, it's legit. He has mentioned retirement the last few years because of his neck injury but even I was surprised that it happened today.