Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Well I think you guys should be on the safe side.
MKHD collection was the cancelled project and they probably still own rights to it.

I'd go with something else.
Corny or not, better to have a crap name and great game than a badass title and nothing to show for it.

Well I think you guys should be on the safe side.
MKHD collection was the cancelled project and they probably still own rights to it.

I'd go with something else.
Corny or not, better to have a crap name and great game than a badass title and nothing to show for it.

You got a point. WB bought all the rights from Midway's MK franchise. So just in case the company still owns rights to the title, alternative names like "M.U.G.E.N. HD Mortal Kombat/Mortal Kombat II/Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3" would be ideal.

Mortal Kombat HD - Next Generation
MKHDNG
Mortral Kombat HD - Fan Edition
MKDHFE , or just MKFE
or....
Mortak Kombat HD - Regeneration
or Mortal Kobat HD - RULZ
Or.. The corect way is Mortal Combat , so... why this HD to be ... XD ?? Mortal Kombat XD
I like Mortal Kobmat HD :) but is sounds to... officially. Midway, or Warnaer must make this game.. and if they do it after years ?

But if you put that name, i will be with you .
Wait ... Why not MK HD 3D ?? The models ARE 3D ! :)

Mortal kombat altered malice

Mortal kombat new light

Mortal Kombat new blood

Mortal Kombat spawn of captured souls

Mortal Kombat tainted spawn

Mortal Kombat risen

Motal Kombat wanna be :p

Last edited:
I was setting up the model for the Select Screen render, and the hands were driving me nuts, so I fixed them. Before I couldn't make a good fist and there was a gap between the fingers, when the fist was clenched. I changed that now by making the fingers thicker, decreasing the length of the palm, tweaking the skinning and placement of the bones. It's looking better now but I should fix the lighting to match the Select Screen render. I didn't sculpt Carlos yet, I got hung up on this instead.

Hopefully I can get the next character's textures to look better. These are pretty muddy, it's not so good up close.

Scorpion_MK1HD_StandRelaxed.jpg

Hopefully I can get the next character's textures to look better. These are pretty muddy, it's not so good up close.

Scorpion_MK1HD_StandRelaxed.jpg

Last time I asked you about it you said you use 1k x 1k textures right? Perhaps it's that resolution isn't enough for up close. Some of the muddyness exhibited to seem to me to be due to that like I've noticed with graphics in other games. You should do a test with 2k x 2k textures. 1k is pretty low for pre-rendering work in general I would say (hell.. it's getting low for real time as well these days XD). As far as I'm concerned the higher the resolution the textures the better. Texture work can make a huge difference in general.

Last edited:
We talked about this before here. Talking about if it would be possible so each ninja could have themed eyes.. Scorpion would then have spectre eyes. Sub-zero human, etc. it seems to me like he's been going with that idea. I don't think it's a bad one it doesn't change gameplay. Just like fixing the faces in Sub-zero's fatality doesn't.