England Riots

krazyhugo

What is opinion on that? Are they right to cause that much trouble? What led to it? What to do to make everyone happy?

A known violent criminal, who was also dealing in drugs, shot a policeman while resisting arrest. The Police then shot him dead. A few misguided members of his family instead of discussing the incident with the family's officer assigned to them, decided to go on a civil protest claiming police brutality on the black community. Unfortunately other members of the same community saw this as an excuse to loot, damage and set fire to property that belonged to others.
Due to this people are not able to go for work and do other activities out of fear.

This is how it started.

A known violent criminal, who was also dealing in drugs, shot a policeman while resisting arrest. The Police then shot him dead. A few misguided members of his family instead of discussing the incident with the family's officer assigned to them, decided to go on a civil protest claiming police brutality on the black community. Unfortunately other members of the same community saw this as an excuse to loot, damage and set fire to property that belonged to others.
Due to this people are not able to go for work and do other activities out of fear.

This is how it started.

Jesus Christ, that's insane.
What a shit storm.

Can you explain what happened?
I literally know nothing of this.

Last Thursday, it all started with a police officer shooting a 29 years-old dude (Mark Duggam) in Tottenham (London). Word on the street is that the Police officer shot himself by mistake then thought Mark , who was in a cab, did it. He took out his gun and shot two bullet killing Mark.

On Saturday, a peaceful protest lead by women was organized in front of the police station but after 4 hours of waiting the police could not explain what happened. The women decided to drop it and go home but the youths around decided otherwise. They stole two cops cars, drove then set them on fire. After that, a riot started in the whole of Tottenham. People breaking into shops stealing electric appliances, food, everything! Buildings in flames, madness!

On Sunday, the riot spread all over London. Yesterday, it happened in Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool, Wolverhampton and many other cities.

This is also a sign of a population who is fed up with cuts and unemployment. Lack of opportunities for youths, police violence are other causes.

Check it on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Do not rely on what the media says about it...

Last edited:

This is how it started.

100%, what these people are doing are criminal acts, they don't protest, they just want to make trouble. No discipline, no respect for the property of other people, in Germany more and more people call these "protesters" "the lost generation".

Good God this seems worse than I thought.
No one is being killed or injured are they?
Or is it just destruction and looting?

im sure it started with intentions but shits getting way outta hand ders talk of bringin in the army i just hope scum this side of de pond dont get any *bright* ideas

This is how it started.

No one was sent to the family it is quite an "embarrassing" matter for the police. The bullet in the Police officer was from his own gun.

Good God this seems worse than I thought.
No one is being killed or injured are they?
Or is it just destruction and looting?

One man was shot in Croydon yesterday, died in hospital today. Have not heard anything else so far...

This is really sad and also scary it has escalated so much over the past few days. I hope anyone who lives out there stays indoors and safe.

The LA riots of 92, started similarly. Police brutality on a minority Rodney King. It lasted 6 days $1billion in damages and 53 fatality's.

This is really sad and also scary it has escalated so much over the past few days. I hope anyone who lives out there stays indoors and safe.

The police is incapable of restoring "order". The police is blaming the parents of these youths now and asks the parents to call their children home, it is just ridiculous.lol

No one was sent to the family it is quite an "embarrassing" matter for the police. The bullet in the Police officer was from his own gun.
Not sure what you are talking about, every case will have an officer registered. It is the family's responsibility to contact them rather than protesting.
Also unless there is a solid source, the claims that the cop shot himself is just media speculation and quite hard to believe.

Not sure what you are talking about, every case will have an officer registered. It is the family's responsibility to contact them rather than protesting.
Also unless there is a solid source, the claims that the cop shot himself is just media speculation and quite hard to believe.

Read in red what you said :

This is how it started.

They did ask for an officer but no one came, it is then that they decided to protest peacefully in front of the Police. How sad is it that you find out info about your dead son from the news like everyone else while he was shot by Police? My gfriend sister was at the protest. Wait you will hear the real story soon enough...

Read in red what you said :

They did ask for an officer but no one came, it is then that they decided to protest peacefully in front of the Police. How sad is it that you find out info about your dead son from the news like everyone else while he was shot by Police? My gfriend sister was at the protest. Wait you will hear the real story soon enough...
I just stated the facts that are universally available to us, which still has to be disproven. It is not new that various conspiracy theories pop up my the medias/community's action during incidents like this. Thus relying on the news seems like the only reasonable way to get the correct facts.

I just stated the facts that are universally available to us, which still has to be disproven. It is not new that various conspiracy theories pop up my the medias/community's action during incidents like this. Thus relying on the news seems like the only reasonable way to get the correct facts.

Let's think together here. The news is reported by journalists who interview people and the Police. They get different opinions and CHOOSE to post one version. The one that they choose does not necessarily mean it is the true story. The Police cannot release this information before coming up with a proper plan. They said that it will take 4 to 6 months to come up with a full story. This is highly unusual since we always know what happens when a person has been killed in London a day after the incident. There is no official statement by the Police, not even that they tried to arrest an armed men who shot first, none.

I am not just trying to disagree with you for the sake of it.

Let's think together here. The news is reported by journalists who interview people and the Police. They get different opinions and CHOOSE to post one version. The one that they choose does not necessarily mean it is the true story. The Police cannot release this information before coming up with a proper plan. They said that it will take 4 to 6 months to come up with a full story. This is highly unusual since we always know what happens when a person has been killed in London a day after the incident. There is no official statement by the Police, not even that they tried to arrest an armed men who shot first, none.

I am not just trying to disagree with you for the sake of it.
Yup, you have a point, but what are the true circumstances then? From whom should we get the 'true' facts then? It is the broadcasters job to state the news based on the reliability of their source or else they will lose their credibility if they are disproven. (Fox news in America for example). And a simple reason that the police are refraining from releasing a statement is out of fear of making matters worse.

You do have some valid points, but I would rather believe news broadcasters that have years of credibility and goodwill backing them rather than rumours emerging from the streets.

Yup, you have a point, but what are the true circumstances then? From whom should we get the 'true' facts then? It is the broadcasters job to state the news based on the reliability of their source or else they will lose their credibility if they are disproven. (Fox news in America for example). And a simple reason that the police are refraining from releasing a statement is out of fear of making matters worse.

You do have some valid points, but I would rather believe news broadcasters that have years of credibility and goodwill backing them rather than rumours emerging from the streets.

That's fair enough...What do you think is causing this domino effect in the country?

That's fair enough...What do you think is causing this domino effect in the country?
Well what I think is there are misguided and aggreviated people not only in this country but all throughout the world who wishes opputunities like this would happen so that they can do what they like under the facade of a 'protest' or a 'riot' and get away with it. Initially it sparks off with a small group but when the others like them find that they are effective, they contribute to the cause and it spreads like a chain reaction.

The lives of general law abiding civilians also gets affected a lot and they too become aggreviated and start their own riots which in turn only make matters worse.