UMK9 Discussion ~ ALL UMK9 Discussion Goes Here

Re: Here s a petition for UMK9

yeah but what if they release a GotY edition AFTER two sets of four more DLC

That's no doubt a better deal for the people you mention, but all the rest of us would be ripped-off. A Game of the Year Edition would probably cost $40. Your deal of 12 characters and a classic skin pack would cost DLC buyers $50-$65. That's not forgetting that Capcom charged $40 for a similar amount of new content (plus game mode modifications) as an expansion disc, that no-one had previous DLC access to.

EDIT: I just read your post again - I had taken it to mean 2 more sets (3 sets total). If you meant 1 more set (2 sets total), then it would be a fair deal compared to those who originally bought the DLC. 8 characters and the skins would cost DLC buyers $35-$45. However, Capcom provided a higher amount of new content for a similar amount of money.

Last edited:

That's no doubt a better deal for the people you mention, but all the rest of us would be ripped-off. A Game of the Year Edition would probably cost $40. Your deal of 12 characters and a classic skin pack would cost DLC buyers $50-$65. That's not forgetting that Capcom charged $40 for a similar amount of new content (plus game mode modifications) as an expansion disc, that no-one had previous DLC access to.

Moar DLC > UMK9

Moar DLC > UMK9

Psst... UMK9 could be nothing more than a big DLC pack, you know. :p

Anyway, if NRS continue to make MK DLC, and keeps providing it in the same manner (individually or small bundles)... Just looking at the Maths, Capcom gave its players a better deal - More stuff for less money.

Last edited:

Psst... UMK9 could be nothing more than a big DLC pack, you know. :p

Anyway, if NRS continue to make MK DLC, and keeps providing it in the same manner (individually or small bundles)... Just looking at the Maths, Capcom gave it's players a better deal - More stuff for less money.

There's nothing saying the NRS can't keep making DLC.

DLC helps you decide which things you want, UMK9 would make you buy ALL the things. So unless they fix gameplay and training mode for those that like to choose which DLCs they want UMK9 could not be a better deal

DLC helps you decide which things you want, UMK9 would make you buy ALL the things. So unless they fix gameplay and training mode for those that like to choose which DLCs they want UMK9 could not be a better deal

Good points there. I haven't really mentioned changes to gameplay or modes that you and others brought up because I'm a more casual-minded player than competitive (and there's nothing wrong with that). You guys can explain those things better than me, and I would've expected some changes there, anyway. A long story short: I agree with you.

That's why I've tried to argue this from a viewpoint focused more on content than gameplay. Because I'm more casual, I'd simply like to see more of what I like. I imagine a lot of people feel the same way (there's a lot of "Moar DLC" comments around here). New content, particularly characters, would get a lot of the attention that this would generate.

Yes, the ability to pick and choose your DLC would be removed here (unless you avoid the package entirely). It's a downside for players, but not for the business providing it. Bundles of any size do sell. As long as there is enough content that people like, and its the right price, it'll sell. It's all about pros and cons.

Look at it this way. If some people want, say, Spongebob Squarepants... err, sorry... I meant Jason Voorhees ( :p ), a better way to turn a profit with him may be to bundle him with Fujin, Shinnok, and Reiko.

Some season pass holders have named a character that they consider as "the free one", so you could guess that they may not have bought that character if they were only available individually. As a PS3 player, I was never going to buy Freddy Krueger. I never did. NRS only earned another $5 because another member of my household paid for Freddy to use themselves. Having said that, I would've personally bought the season pass, if it were available to me then. I consider more content for less money a good thing, most of the time.

Last edited: