Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Revz

This game comes out in about two weeks 11-11-11. I haven't been this excited for a game release in a long time. I played the crap out of Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, about 150 hrs on one play-through and never even touched the expansion content, probably going to reinstall so I can play through the expan before this launches. While Oblivion was full of a ton of bugs it was still an outstanding game

Looks like they fixed one of my major gripes about the first game (females were hideous), hopefully they fixed the bugs that plagued part 4.

Anyone else getting this?

you bet I am

love this series, and fallout too. Skyrim looks like it gives off more of a lonley and isolated feeling much like Morrowind (I liked Morrowind better than Oblivion by the way) And I like the setting of Skyrim. Cmon now, Vikings and dragons in a cold mountain tundra and wispy forrests. Sounds like my kind of game. Will be getting this the second it's released

Thats gold! :laugh:
Goes to show how advanced their system actually is.
If they can't see it, they don't know it.

I was really stoked for the game. I am still looking forward to playing it. I watched the live stream on 1UP yesterday and started realizing the animations are still effin terrible. After watching the game being played live I came to realize the promo videos that were release up until now were selectively edited to show only the very best angles and animated moments. Watching a dragon actually hover above your character is much less impressive when it turns and pivots like a floating log. Similarly, watching a bear be engulfed in flames and then after the fire dies away there's nothing to visually note that the bear was just scorched with fire seemed very 2002-ish to me. I know the Elder Scrolls series has always had trouble in the animation department, but bashing a 4 bladed mace upside the skull of a 20-something human in town and her not even flinching at the attack really just dissolved the spell of immersion for me.

I'll definitely play the game in the end, but I certainly don't agree that it is the 'game to end all games' as so many people on other sites have been crediting it with. Alas, to each his own, and as such we are all entitled to opinions, and that is just what this is, my opinion. I guess I'm just butt-hurt that it didn't turn out as well as I was hoping it would be.

One complaint I have is the NPC's talk way too much.
Can't stand by them for more than 8 seconds without them blabbing the same shit they just said to you.

I want to play this, but I just got so bored of Morrowind, even though I had a kick out of it. Then I was like I will get Oblivion, some damn thing happened, but faster! Fallout had me going for a little longer than both combined but then I stopped for one day, and never got an urge to go back. I feel this is going to be the exact same thing, I think I will just keep my $60 this time and just wander around the woods with a stick and tin cup in real life. Come here badger, I want your pelt!

I picked it up at midnight last night, played non stop until 2pm and am just waking up now. It has begun. Also made it up to level 12 already lolololol. I love dual wielding the bound swords.

so, been playing though it a while. My dude is a Wood elf with blonde goatee and specials in magic. Lightning that is. He looks badass, I wish I could post a pic.

Just like Bethesda's other games, I always go out exploring first. Yes, level 1 and not a care in the world. I go through the map charting places so I can teleport to them later, plus it's just fun to explore. And I slowly level up along the way. (just dont **** with Giants, and Ice Trolls)

Saw a guy playing musical instruments in the first town, and he gave me a quest to go all the way to the top of the map to some college. I go there only to find that instruments are not a playable feature, and instead it's about recovering poetry papers or some shit. I was sad. But I did get to witness another beheading in this far northern town. It was enjoyable

I'll definitely play the game in the end, but I certainly don't agree that it is the 'game to end all games' as so many people on other sites have been crediting it with

It's a great game, but I agree, it is being overblown in terms of it being a "game to end all games" like you are explaining. It's alot like Oblivion, which isnt a bad thing at all, but it's still a similar sequel.

pretty much every year around this time, a certain game gets overblown. Nothing new. Mario Galaxy and it's sequel were overblown, now this year it's Uncharted and looks like Skyward Sword is gonna be too. All good games most likley, but the words "revolutionary, and "groundbreaking" are thrown around too much and I really dont listen to the critics anymore because they do this so often.

All this being said, Skyrim is a great game and I encourage people to at least try it out. Makes me want Fallout 4 even more

I played the crap out of Oblivion... I loved that game. I just got Skyrim last night, and can tell I will be playing this for awhile.

If the game is fun, I really don't care if the graphics are not the best. If it keeps me playing, it's all that matters!

This is by far the most technical RPG I've ever played. In other RPG's my style has always been to hit my enemy's as hard and fast as possible. That method has proven trickyer to use in skyrim. I'm thinking maybe I'll use a weapon in one hand and a spell in the other. You think that will work or am I approaching this from the wrong angle.