Tom Brady's New Match Up Chart

The ground freeze has it's uses, especially if your trying to keep your opponent in the corner half of the time they never see it coming and read critical limits post.. NRS didn't screw sub over, the Meta game did.

Plus your looking at it from a selfish point of view.. What if sub had the fast projectile in the game, what if his ground freeze was fast on start up and covered full screen? People would complain and bish about it until he was nerfed to death like the did Kung lao.

Tier lists only really matter when it comes to tournament level play. But even then, it's not a deciding factor on who wins. Spend less time worrying about tier lists and where your mains are, and worry about getting better with your favorite characters and just enjoy the game.

^^^
Depends on what you want out of the game though.

If you want to take a low tier as high as you can to impress people that you can compete with the top dog high tiers with a low tier.

Or maybe you literally just play for fun. (Then just choose a style that is the most fun for you)

IF you want to win money/tournaments. I suggest you pay attention to tier lists (Moderately don't hold it like the bible) and matchup charts/ match up discussions.

Because you may have a high tier character that is weak to like 2 random other characters. That would kind of suck for your victories to be dependant on if you randomly/unluckily run into them in bracket. So you might want to "Look at matchups" to find a secondary to compliment your main.

It all depends on what you're looking for.

^^^
Depends on what you want out of the game though.

If you want to take a low tier as high as you can to impress people that you can compete with the top dog high tiers with a low tier.

Or maybe you literally just play for fun. (Then just choose a style that is the most fun for you)

IF you want to win money/tournaments. I suggest you pay attention to tier lists (Moderately don't hold it like the bible) and matchup charts/ match up discussions.

Because you may have a high tier character that is weak to like 2 random other characters. That would kind of suck for your victories to be dependant on if you randomly/unluckily run into them in bracket. So you might want to "Look at matchups" to find a secondary to compliment your main.

It all depends on what you're looking for.

What he said. Also some people just like to play to their best potential(all high tier characters, etc.) to really see how far they can go. That is fine too. And while these are not set in stone, if one player has say a mediocre Kabal, and he faces a really good Baraka, he still has a great chance of winning. Some of the matchups are really hard to overcome, so like Critical said you want to play more than one character if you want to win and put on a good showing at tournaments.

This isn't a tier list it's a match up chart. here's Tom Brady's Tier list.

and everyone shut up about tier list if you do not like them I'm sure there is a different thread where you can discus this.

Tier lists are something to be aware of, but not put too much weight or worry into as they are only one or a small group of peoples opinion, they are not set in stone as scientific fact.

So as people above me have said, you may want to look at tier lists if you like the idea of taking a character considered weak (low-tier) to high levels to give yourself a sense of satisfaction. Or you may want to improve your chances of success by choosing a character who is considered high tier, so choose someone who has even or good match-ups.

However, which character suits your playstyle best will give you better results over choosing based on tier lists, ie. you find Johnny Cage a really fun and easy player to fight as, you probably won't have a lot to gain by dropping him in favour of someone else just because they are higher tier.

Finally I'll just restate my very crucial point about why tiers should be taken as a point of interest and nothing more, they are just opinion, they are not the results of rigorous peer-reviewed scientific research, they are just opinion. Opinion with knowledge and experience, yes, but still opinion and often just one persons.

I think Sektor beats Kung Loa 6-4

The exact opposite.

Nice rocket, here is a dive kick/teleport

Want to pressure Lao? Free spins all day.

Sek doesn't get blown up but it has to be 6-4 in Laos favor.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I completely disagree with that.
I have no trouble with any Kung Laos when I'm using Sektor.

Its the speed of Sektor's jab that wins it for me.
Plus the fact that anything Kung Lao does is punishable by full combo.
Only idiots throw out random rockets.

I completely disagree with that.
I have no trouble with any Kung Laos when I'm using Sektor.

Its the speed of Sektor's jab that wins it for me.
Plus the fact that anything Kung Lao does is punishable by full combo.
Only idiots throw out random rockets.

And only idiots throw random spins, dive kicks, and teleports. I have no doubt you wreck Laos online as most of them are terrible and you are not. But if he is played properly I feel he takes sek.

I love sektors 1 but it has no reach. And Lao has no reason to stand at arms length without blocking. It's GREAT to punish with. But Lao wins the zone battle imo because low hat has better recovery than missiles.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

but rocket knocks down so if the hat and rocket trade Sektor has the advantage imo. Plus everyone knows kung has trouble vs low hit box characters. It's almost too easy to punish a random teleport with his uppercut or 1.

but rocket knocks down so if the hat and rocket trade Sektor has the advantage imo. Plus everyone knows kung has trouble vs low hit box characters. It's almost too easy to punish a random teleport with his uppercut or 1.

Most KLs are not going to randomly teleport either. They also are not going to try and zone you, Kung Lao's advantage is up close anyway.

IKizzle who is probably the best Sektor in the U.S. right now has it as 4.5-5.5 for Sektor. That would probably be the most accurate matchup number. That is a very winnable matchup number, but KL still has a slight advantage.

Most KLs are not going to randomly teleport either. They also are not going to try and zone you, Kung Lao's advantage is up close anyway.

IKizzle who is probably the best Sektor in the U.S. right now has it as 4.5-5.5 for Sektor. That would probably be the most accurate matchup number. That is a very winnable matchup number, but KL still has a slight advantage.

sweet is there a link to the rest of his match up chart?

sweet is there a link to the rest of his match up chart?

Scorpion: 5-5
SubZero: 6-4.
Reptile: 4.5-5.5
Ermac: 4.5-5.5.
Noob: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Rain: 4.5-5.5
Mileena: 4.5-5.5
Kitana: 5.5-4.5
Jade: 5.5-4.5
Skarlet: 4.5-5.5
Cyrax: 5-5
Cyber: 5-5
Kenshi: 3-7
Freddy: 5-5
Sindel: 5-5
Sonya: 5.5-4.5
Jax: 6-4
Cage:5-5
Stryker: 5.5-4.5
Liu Kang: 5-5
KL:4.5-5.5
Kano: 6-4
Nightwolf: 5-5
Kabal: 4.5-5.5
Baraka: 5.5-4.5
Shang: 5-5
Quan Chi:6-4
Raiden: 5-5
Sheeva: 7-3

IMO, Sektor has more options vs Kung Lao.

But I would say it's a completely even match up.

too lazy to go into detail.

BUt I don't think anyone has a "real" true advantage here

Neither kung lao or Sektor.

those 5.5/4.5 and 6.

are highly likely to be biased based.

If a sektor player fights the best kung laos all day every day, he's gonna be biased that kung lao slightly beats sektor.

If a kung lao player fights the best sektors all day everyday. He's gonna be slightly biased that sektor has an advantage.

whether you believe it or not people will always slightly base their opinions on win loss ratio.

I think Kenshi hard counters Jade, but you know what? maybe I'm just doing it wrong

Sektor vs Kung lao

IMO so even if you lose. It's 100% your fault.

Last edited:
Scorpion: 5-5
SubZero: 6-4.
Reptile: 4.5-5.5
Ermac: 4.5-5.5.
Noob: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Rain: 4.5-5.5
Mileena: 4.5-5.5
Kitana: 5.5-4.5
Jade: 5.5-4.5
Skarlet: 4.5-5.5
Cyrax: 5-5
Cyber: 5-5
Kenshi: 3-7
Freddy: 5-5
Sindel: 5-5
Sonya: 5.5-4.5
Jax: 6-4
Cage:5-5
Stryker: 5.5-4.5
Liu Kang: 5-5
KL:4.5-5.5
Kano: 6-4
Nightwolf: 5-5
Kabal: 4.5-5.5
Baraka: 5.5-4.5
Shang: 5-5
Quan Chi:6-4
Raiden: 5-5
Sheeva: 7-3

thanks but idk about this sektor is one of the 3 low hit box characters I think he does better against Kabal 5.5 or 6 or at very least 5 because Kabal can't pressure with back 1 or standing 2. Also I think he beats Cyrax he can out zone him.

Last edited:
IMO, Sektor has more options vs Kung Lao.

IMO so even if you lose. It's 100% your fault.
Yes in some games not in MK. There are so many inconstant bugs in the game that happen, input bugs etc. I had a really close fight the other day, both last round one hit each to end it. Caught him in an ice ball freeze, thought **** it old school MK finish, just went for the uppercut right next to him. No way i could miss. Uppercut doesn't register, try again same. He thaws side sweeps me and wins. I dont care what you say i should not have lost that match and wouldn't if it wasn't for some odd bug that occurred. Ive seen people loose to me in similar ways. That wasn't my fault. Ok i maybe should have tried another thing after the first time but shit like this shouldn't happen. I dont think you can be totally to blame for losses in this game, especially online.

Also, no matchup is so even that you can blame yourself every time you lose. If the opponent gets one lucky read on you, that could be the game.

I dont personally know the Sektor vs. KL matchup, so I will not comment on that.

Also, no matchup is so even that you can blame yourself every time you lose. If the opponent gets one lucky read on you, that could be the game.

I dont personally know the Sektor vs. KL matchup, so I will not comment on that.

Zoidberg this is a horrible mindset to sit on if you plan on being competitive. If you can't blame yourself and blame the game for every mistake calling it a "lucky read" which is IMO you being predictable if they made the read to begin with. Then youre gonna stagnate in skill.

You might see a random force push as luck when it's last hit to end the round. But the fact it's last hit to end the round means you made plenty of mistakes the entire match to lose that much HP. So they got lucky reads the entire game for every hit they landed?

I might agree its slightly luck based in a 1 round match. That's why we do sets zoid. That's why we do Bo5 in grand finals to ensure the best player wins

Yes zoid if you lose. It's your fault unless something like what dedamn mentioned with a input bug.

Great players consistently place for a reason.

It might feel lucky when you play against someone of even skill, cuz it's a coin flip win it seems.

But that just means you both made equal number of mistakes that you both can improve on.