What Pad/Stick do you use?

GhillieAssassin

What controller do you use for Mortal Kombat? Right now I'm playing with the regular PS3 controller.

What are the best options in your opinion? I would like to probably stick with a Pad or a wired controller. Know any good ones?

I'm trying to get my hands on an Arcade stick :laugh:

I use a 360 controller that sucks for fighters :L

I use a standard PS3 controller, MK9 is practically made to be used on pads compared to other fighters.

i have this one:
mortal-kombat-fight-stick-20110605001436628-000.jpg
i never got the other one. sometimes i use the fightstick but usually ps3 controller just my ps3 controller.

Last edited:
I use the standard PS3 controller. I never got around to getting an arcade stick. Besides the price, and there is also the need to learn to use the stick, being accustomed to the d-pad for so long.

I know CDjr uses a madcatz streetfighter fightstick so I've been practicing on mine but I prefer my mk9 pdp TE that came with my mk9

For MK I use a ps3 controller, for other fighting games I use either a Hori Real Arcade pro 3, a SCV stick or a Qanba Q4.

I'm trying to get my hands on an Arcade stick :laugh:

I use a 360 controller that sucks for fighters :L

still available in gamestop stores (mk klassic $79.99) and gamestop.com has the mk stick that opens up for $79.99. pdp.com has the mk1 stick for $59.99 + free shipping.

or you can go the ebay/amazon route.

I use a controller but i have the Klassic MK stick. Personally i don't like it for MK. Im getting a Madcatz stick to try for SF etc. I got used to playing with a stick but it took a while but i am more efficient at MK with a pad, vice a versa for SF etc.

You need to try different things out. Im a firm believer it is what your used to, but a stick will not give you a competitive edge at MK. I believe they make things easier for other fighters but its all personal preference

Normal 360 controller.

I'm not planning to switch over to a fight stick after playing on a D-pad since Tekken 3.

Also, the 360 controller is definitely inferior to the ps3 controller when it comes to fighting games but to me, there's not enough to complain about to dish out all that cash for a fight stick. Rather use the cash to get another fighting game lol.

Normal 360 controller.

I'm not planning to switch over to a fight stick after playing on a D-pad since Tekken 3.

Also, the 360 controller is definitely inferior to the ps3 controller when it comes to fighting games but to me, there's not enough to complain about to dish out all that cash for a fight stick. Rather use the cash to get another fighting game lol.

I agree.
Although I play on stick for other games it really isn't necessary for MK, sticks don't magically make you good.

Is the HFGP any good?

I have the hori pad pro 3 and its a beast for games like king of fighters and street fighter ( the d pad is so god like!! IMO ) but it takes some getting used to if your acustomed to the ps3/ps2 controller.( the button lay out is like a sega controller ) I don't think it's a better controller for MK 9 compared to a ps2 pad though.

I have the hori pad pro 3 and its a beast for games like king of fighters and street fighter ( the d pad is so god like!! IMO ) but it takes some getting used to if your acustomed to the ps3/ps2 controller.( the button lay out is like a sega controller ) I don't think it's a better controller for MK 9 compared to a ps2 pad though.

It didn't take me long to get used to it, I like the fact that the buttons are bigger, it works great when you need to press 2 of them together like Rain's b2, 1+2 and Mileena's f3, 1+2. Not to mention that being able to switch the L-R buttons at the top is awesome.