Mortal Kombat X Announcer

Yes, the announcer from MK9 (I think it's Jamieson Price, though I am not 100% sure) has returned for MKX. You can hear it in the E3 Trailer and in Raiden and Kano's trailers :)

Yea... but That's the same audio they used from MK9... Its just a place holder audio for now. I will change my mind if I hear any of the new characters names announced by him. I didn't mind him, but Shaolin Monks definitely had the most dark and CRUSHING announcer! Toooooooooooooo SICK!! Whoooooooooooooooot!

Yea... but That's the same audio they used from MK9... Its just a place holder audio for now. I will change my mind if I hear any of the new characters names announced by him. I didn't mind him, but Shaolin Monks definitely had the most dark and CRUSHING announcer! Toooooooooooooo SICK!! Whoooooooooooooooot!
Did Steve Ritchie announce for MKSM?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

[MENTION=18134]Yellow Ledbetter[/MENTION]

MK:D is a different voice altogether. Listen to the MK:DA voice, and then the MK:D/MK:A voice. They're completely different. Which is why Quan Chi is MK4 and MK:DA announcer.

[MENTION=18134]Yellow Ledbetter[/MENTION]

MK:D is a different voice altogether. Listen to the MK:DA voice, and then the MK:D/MK:A voice. They're completely different. Which is why Quan Chi is MK4 and MK:DA announcer.

I'll do it right now, I said but the most important lacked (listening to them together)!

But this became controversial, since the same voice was on MK:D and he was considered dead, until we discovered he wasn't. Also, the same voice is in Armageddon.

Quan Chi didn't "die" until the end of Deception.
The Intro to Deception is actually the ending of Konquest.

Deception's announcer isn't Onaga.

This is Onaga's voice

Exactly, which makes the case that MK4 and MKDA is Quan Chi. It can be argued that Onaga did MK:D and MK:A but that's pushing it a bit.

Quan Chi didn't "die" until the end of Deception.
The Intro to Deception is actually the ending of Konquest.

Not exactly. The intro was the ending of Konquest, I know this, but the arcade is after the ressurection of Onaga, so Quan Chi has already fled.

Anyway, it would'nt make sense to have Quan Chi announcer of a game dominated by Onaga.

Im glad you agree with me on that one!

;P

That's klassic MK no doubt, he did an awesome job in Shaolin Monks. I also miss Shao Kahn's good ol' voice. It sent goosebumps, it was... malefic without having to sound like "GROARRR MONSTERRRR", know what I'm saying? It was definitely evil. Smoothly evil (if that even makes sense).

I think that the recent announcers sound very generic when compared to the klassic voice of Steve Ritchie. What a shame that he's deaf!

It is not the exact same one, you can hear the voice has been touched up quite a bit(especially his laugh) :). Just listen to how he says "Kano Wins" it is not the same from MK9. To be honest, I doubt the announcer clips are placeholders, especially since the voice has been changed a bit from MK9. Personally, I like the announcer in MKX/MK9, Steve Ritchie's MK2/MK3 was awesome, but I also like the new one.