Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule 11 is about deliberately trolling people with rumors and misinformation. Chill out.
So you mean to tell me that the spirit of the law supercedes the letter of it?

*shaking my damn head*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

How could you assume that though? Stuff has obviously changed. Quan chi wasn't at the first tournament originally. Obviously somethings changed.

I know, but it's really neither here nor there on this topic. Somebody should start a topic on if mythologies is canon or not.

This is a thread for discussing Sub-Zero and his storylines. It all started because of the whole soulnado idea which I still think is shit btw.

I know, but it's really neither here nor there on this topic. Somebody should start a topic on if mythologies is canon or not.

This is a thread for discussing Sub-Zero and his storylines. It all started because of the whole soulnado idea which I still think is shit btw.
Mythologies is canon. That is Final.

Mythologies is part of subs storyline though :)

How could you assume that though? Stuff has obviously changed. Quan chi wasn't at the first tournament originally. Obviously somethings changed.

Quan Chi had to be at the first tournament. Only he can summon Scorpion right?
He was just never mentioned, because he didn't exist. Because, video game lol

To answer the Quan Chi thing and any possible changes to that, its implied Shinnok was pulling a Raiden from the dialogue at the end, sending a message back into the past as well.

Also, i think the Soulnado idea makes sense.

Though, i did notice something, im not sure if anyone else did, but in every other game, Sub-Zero has eyes, sometimes they're inhumanly blue, but still look proper, with nice dark pupils, but in MK X, his eyes are Scorpion white.

To answer the Quan Chi thing and any possible changes to that, its implied Shinnok was pulling a Raiden from the dialogue at the end, sending a message back into the past as well.

Though, i did notice something, im not sure if anyone else did, but in every other game, Sub-Zero has eyes, sometimes they're inhumanly blue, but still look proper, with nice dark pupils, but in MK X, his eyes are Scorpion white.
The look blue to me. Very cold and bright, but blue after all.

Yeah, but we're talking MKX storylines, not past storylines.

I'm pretty sure Mythologies is referenced as canon in MK9's story mode, when Sub Zero dies Raiden talks about how he helped save earth realm from the netherrealm or some crap like that, that could only really be referencing Mythologies.

I'm pretty sure Mythologies is referenced as canon in MK9's story mode, when Sub Zero dies Raiden talks about how he helped save earth realm from the netherrealm or some crap like that, that could only really be referencing Mythologies.
It's referenced directly, Raiden says pretty much to the effect "A shame, he once helped me defend Earthrealm from Shinnok's dark forces" right after his death.

The look blue to me. Very cold and bright, but blue after all.

No, that was the CG announce trailer.

Screenshot_11.png

They're like Scorpions ingame.

Agree to disagree because I think it's shit. I've explained why on like page 8 of this thread.

Anyway, the whole dead eyes thing is why I said either Bi-Han or Kuai will take the role at one point. They're both dead as hell so that makes sense. However, on Subz loading screen they appear blue. Who knows?

Me too :( . It sucks that they got rid of it.
Back in the old days, that used to be the determining factor on which Sub-Zero was which. Kuai Liang had the scar, Bi-Han did not. The scar was dropped in Deception, but it was a moot point because Deception exposed Noob Saibot's identity, and the presence of Noob became a determining factor on which Subby was in the game.

It wouldnt surprise me if this time around, Bi-Han is Sub-Zero and he ends up with the scar.

Agree to disagree because I think it's shit. I've explained why on like page 8 of this thread.

Anyway, the whole dead eyes thing is why I said either Bi-Han or Kuai will take the role at one point. They're both dead as hell so that makes sense. However, on Subz loading screen they appear blue. Who knows?

To be fair, Ed Boon did establish that Noob and Saibot are actually different entities (Noob being the fighter, Saibot the oil shadow clone), and his Armageddon ending implies Noob Saibot and Bi-Han are two beings in the same body.

Also, you're missing the biggest reason why thats a possible/probable: Because it makes it easier for the writer to justify it without making it another "lol he came back" story.

Last edited:
It wouldnt surprise me if this time around, Bi-Han is Sub-Zero and he ends up with the scar..

Why does it seem like everyone wants everything that happened to Kuai to happen to Bi-Han. It's such bullshit.

Bi-Han as Sub-Zero has got to be one of the most overrated characters ever.

Still hoping for a new Sub-Zero over him.

Also, Armageddon endings are completely non-canon and full of shit. Otherwise Sub-Zero would be a god, and other crazy shit would be happening. They threw those together because they knew they wouldn't have to follow up on it

Also I'm not missing any easy way out on Sub-Zero. If they want it easy all they have to have Quan do is snap his fingers and give Kuai a new body like he did Scorps and Noob Saibot. Bam Sub-Zero's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.