Valve Console?

Sky Valley

so we've been getting rumors about this for the last few weeks now, and more and more keep popping up.
Just in case this idea ever sees the light of day, we'll have this thread to come back to.

As for now, post rumors you may have heard, your opinions, or any ideas you are hopefull about.

I'm sure it will be nothing short of something close to amazing. I honestly can't remember a single time I bought a Valve game and though "blah what an average game" let alone "This game sucks!"

I know console is a different thing. But people with good track records at knowing how to please their customers. I'd imagine they have something up their sleeves if they think they can compete well enough with nintendo Microsoft and Sony.

It's like opening up a burger shop right next door to 3 other burger shops. To see a man doing this... he's either completely retarded, or he's got some sort of miracle work going on and his confidence is ridiculously high.

I'm hoping for the latter on this.

Valve has always been one to innovate, and a Valve console would be no different.

I am sure it would be a very small box with with just internet connection and a huge hard drive, that you go and 'rent' games or download the whole game. And you would just buy hard drives. That is my theory.

photo of the Valve console? (don't know if it is):

View attachment 2609

lol that's a computer man. (PC)

Technically it is a unit in which you use to play Valve games.

EDIT: well...

Dunno I tried to find a matching computer but can't so I dunno.

If it "IS" then it's practically a PC I mean look at the ports in the back of that thing. IT has almost everything a PC would use.

Valve has always been one to innovate, and a Valve console would be no different.

I am sure it would be a very small box with with just internet connection and a huge hard drive, that you go and 'rent' games or download the whole game. And you would just buy hard drives. That is my theory.

valve innovates more than modern Nintendo wishes they ever could, valve just doesnt bring in dough from non gamers. But thats why I like them. I'll be getting this day 1. Although, I am worried its gonna end up like the dreamcast. I really would like this to do well.

and I've seen that pic you posted supes. But I dont think it's anything, but I've heard they've got a controller patented. So we are not too far away.

valve innovates more than modern Nintendo wishes they ever could, valve just doesnt bring in dough from non gamers. But thats why I like them. I'll be getting this day 1. But I am worried its gonna end up like the dreamcast though. I really would like this to do well.

and I've seen that pic you posted supes. But I dont think it's anything, but I've heard they've got a controller patented. So we are not too far away.

Yes this is what I mean by the Burger thing.

I think for them to attempt it. They must have something amazing up their sleeves. Enough so they are confident to compete against the 3 big dogs that's been at this for a while.

that pic I found was from one employee at Valve, from his Twitter, (lol) Greg Coomer. I still wouldn't know if its a Valve console or computer though

I'm a huge fan of Valve, I'm still pissed off that there is no sign of EP3 coming out :mad:

If this rumor is true I could see them having a online marketplace similar to steam. I just hope that they don't charge monthly subscription for online play :(

They should make it optional like PS3.

you can play free,

Or you can pay for plus for more pleasureable console experience.

I'm a huge fan of Valve, I'm still pissed off that there is no sign of EP3 coming out :mad:

EP3 as a launch title?
hmmm.....

and if that pic is from a valve employee's twitter, I guess I should believe it. It does look like a PC, but I'm sure thats what we are expecting. I'm expecting this to be a way to bring PC type gaming to a larger audience. Hoping for mouse and keyboard compatibility.
And really, a way to play games without having to pay so damn much for an expensive PC. This could really be a good thing.

You're right, but there are hardly any PC exclusives coming out nowadays so they may lose money and most of the time major console franchises port over to PC months later.

I dunno if you're just trolling, but you do know those are just wireless antennas that just so happened to be aimed in a V shape. As you can clearly see they aren't connected to eachother.

Lol, like how the original concept xbox was a giant 'X'

Xbox-720-Concept.jpg

I think Valve's console will have a ton more avant-garde type of games as well as no name independent developers.

My homie [pc dude] said it's for Steam players. Ya know, PC gaming. Never got into Steam or any of that.

Plus I don't game as much as I used to so all I want is the next Xbox

Why would you need a new console... if it's for PC gaming? that makes no sense.

just play on the PC for steam... I don't think there is enough information on this or whoever your source is. TO clearly define what it's gonna 100% be to make a instant judgement.