Reptile Thread - "Argh!"

Woo, I managed to do my combo of
3,2,1 - Elbow Dash- 3,2,1 - Elbow Dash - 3,2 - Slow Mega Ball - 3,2 - Fast Mega Ball - 3 - Slime Trail
Online! Twice! Woo Hoo! :)

sorry for the noob question here but how do you perform the jump punch after the elbow dash ....all I manage to do is the dash it seems that jump punch is a must learn if I wanna get better with reptile

Hold up after dash then piano 1-2, with practice you can get this to 95% of the chance, its that easy. I play on sticks but very possible on the pads.

Ok people thx for all the combos, ill test and add them to the post, but if you can tell me wich ones are the best and most useful, the ones that are already in the post are the ones i managed to perform.

321 elbow dash 32 fastforceball 321 slide is 31% post patch i believe. It is meterless and is a good BnB off of the good ol' 321 combo and way easier then that 321 elbowdash neutral punch stuff

and the 321 elbow dash 32 fastforceball 321 xray is a good xray combo.

sort of pissed they nerfed reppy's damage :(

321 elbow dash 32 fastforceball 321 slide is 31% post patch i believe. It is meterless and is a good BnB off of the good ol' 321 combo and way easier then that 321 elbowdash neutral punch stuff

and the 321 elbow dash 32 fastforceball 321 xray is a good xray combo.

sort of pissed they nerfed reppy's damage :(

Thanx ill test it tomorrow, im really mad, SZ and Reptile didnt need a nerf, if someone need it was Kung Lao, Sindel and Smoke.

for real. you can put johnny cage is the nerfing category as well. imo i am mad they nerfed reppy but i think it was the right decision to tone his combos down a bit, 30% off one forceball is sort of high.. and his 321 elbowdash techniques 40% combos are a little high too but they are hard to pull off so you should be rewarded idk. Reppy is still Boss though :)

Im really having fun using reptile. However, I havent been able to incorporate that elbow dash in my combos just yet. Its throwing me off , it just feels so awkward for me for some reason.

Im really having fun using reptile. However, I havent been able to incorporate that elbow dash in my combos just yet. Its throwing me off , it just feels so awkward for me for some reason.

it is awkward, it took me a good couple of hours to master, you have to get the timing right perfectly, i go 321 elbowdash then right at the end of his slide just before he stops i press 32 then its butter from there.

Well the super easy combo still does 31% and the insanely hard one does 36%, so I guess as reptile my BnB will now be

122 fast forceball, 32 slow forceball, 321, slide

I used to try

321, elbow dash, njp, 32 xx fast forceball, 321 slide but it now only does 36% for the troubles

What do you mean piano?

I think he means press 1-2 quickly but not too quickly in succession, seeing as they both do jump punch it gives you "2 attemps" at getting the timing right I guess is a way to put it. But I'm not thinking njp kombos are worth it now unless someone has come up with a reliable 40%+ kombo.

Someone said they are getting rid of fast and slow forceball to make a medium forceball. Is this true? If so, I wont be downloading the patch or playing online. Whats the point of using a medium forceball when you have acid? You wont even be able to combo with it!

I guess I'm kinda late on this but what did they do to nerf reptile?

Just damage as far as I know, but on that front it is pretty severe. My old 43% BnB now does 36% and it is not easy to do. High 30s still very possible though.

2 of my 3 mains got nerfed pretty hard....

Someone said they are getting rid of fast and slow forceball to make a medium forceball. Is this true? If so, I wont be downloading the patch or playing online. Whats the point of using a medium forceball when you have acid? You wont even be able to combo with it!

I doubt thats true, but the patches downloading is without asking they dont even tell you that they installed a patch, they just do it, so you cannot do anything to avoid them, except never connect to PSN when you play MK. Once you reach the press start menu if there is patch, its already in your system.

But i repeat i doubt thats true, anyway i dont mind, is not a hugh deal.

I really highly doubt it somehow, it's what makes reptile's zoning and a lot of his kombos viable.

finally get into reptile and start gettig all his combos down and he gets nerfed... great.. ha i thought i was going crazy when the 36% was only doing 31%

also i see theres no way of getting the 321 elbow dash 32 force ball.. is that because of the patch, or could you never do that?