Noob Saibot Thread - "We share blood. We are not brothers."

Don't mean to be a stickler but please learn the universal commands so we don't have to spend 10 minutes figuring it ou :/ 1,2,3,4

I don't play him to much what I use to reset combos at mid screen is 212 down forward 2, back forward 4. The sliding kick will completly trade with any slide in the game it looks like. Which stuffin them into a black hole. That's just what I do hope I was of some help :)

an update for your corner combos, 39% no meter (and thats without jip)

212xxupknee, 12xxupknee, 12xxupknee, 12xxupknee, 12xxshadow charge

16 hits, last string is done very close to the ground.

you can cut out the third 12xxupknee and it does 37% without jip and is a lot easier. saw the highest one you had listed was 32% meterless combo and felt this one was worth looking at.

Noob is my 3rd character. I am just learning his combos so he may jump to number 2 once I get better with him. Wait, was Noob just on The Daily Show preforming his X-Ray and Make-A-Wish fatality? Haha yes he was. Well it's official he is my number 2. On a side note, I like Noob but I don't know if I can be as good with him, as I am with Ermac. I guess, I will just have to practice until I get good.

been playing with the blackhole resets for a while and i think their is some real potential with them.

with the rest i did 53-54% with jumpins (20% before blackhole, 33-34% after).

this is from the b+1 string, but also works with the B+2 string. but NOT the 2,1,2 string (requires a different setup)

naturally they can escape with certain specials and rolls/jumps. but then your are at optimum distance usually for zoning again (unless its a advancing special with armor/projectile immunity) which means its pretty safe pressure that threatens the persons health.

i like to do b+1,2,1,4xxblack hole (d,f+2) shadow tackle, njp, 1,2,ex upknee, shadow tackle/teleport. tackle to start zoning, tele because it places you at the perfect range for b+1 again to keep pressure.

near the corner? switch that b+1,2,1,4 to b+1,2,f+4 for a low that leaves you at advantage and start your corner game, they almost never see it coming unless they have played a lot of matches vs you and know the strategy by now, in which case do the normal string for the overhead and begin your juggle FASTER!

212 is where the mindgame comes in imo because the goal isnt so much to net the hole outright but to make the person second guess.

212xxblack hole (d,f+2) lands on top of them, but you cannot follow with tackle as it will tackle them out of the hole. slide works but its punishable with jumps if they are too close. d,b+2 puts it between you and him. say if you have a char like sub with wakeup slide, if he does it he will go into the portal every time. put it behind you (d,f,b+2) for wakeup teleports or jump backwards so if they rush too fast they may eat the portal (havent tested this one yet tho).

the use of ex black hole as a surprise vs turtlers/projectile trades cannot be underestimated as it more often then not catches them offguard.

oh and one good thing about d,b+2 after 2,1,2 is if you follow it with a upknee to stuff most incoming that might avoid the portal and they still wakeup into the portal you recover intime to do a blackhole combo, tho maybe not a njp at the beginning in which case 1,2xxupknee works, f+4,3 works, f+3,3xxupknee also works.

i want his "possesed" kicks to be comboed with the slide and the teleport slam. ived comboed the possesed kick with the tele slam online like 3 times but its a glitch it rarely happens. theres a few combos that i want to include the slide but it wont let me u can only do it with the tackle. noob is my fav but they gotta touch him up a bit. give him a pop-up, let other combos to be stringed with tele slam and slide and he should be set. i cant wait for his classic shadow noob skin it looks amazing lets go nrs release it already.

I like to do f+2,2,2 then right after f+3,2 right after. Online it works 4/5 times.

been playing with the blackhole resets for a while and i think their is some real potential with them...

Good, good... You discovered what I did last week. Now, ex-nay on the esets-ray, before all the goodies that give us Noob players advantage by knowing you give away. Haha ;)

the use of ex black hole as a surprise vs turtlers/projectile trades cannot be underestimated as it more often then not catches them offguard.

Using the EX Black Hole on a trade is worthless in my opinion and a waste of meter. You won't really be able to combo into it in a trade, given if the opponents projectile hits you're stuck in recovery for that, and if you block your timing to get a good juggle out is thrown off. Thus, in the long run it's probably better to use that portion of meter for something else. You really want to use the EX Black Hole when you've completely mindfreaked your opponent, to the point where they aren't sure what their next move will be other than holding block since you've shut everything else down. Once you see that, you can bet they think they're moderately safe inside their block box until they figure out what to do, at which point you don't give them the chance to breathe and simply wreck shop.

the idea is if your at a life disadvantage and your zoning isnt going to bring you back, you can ex blackhole and do 20-25% damage. its not so much in a trade war, but when your at disadvantage.

ok ive been trying to figure out noob since i figured out he has a combo thats the same as shang tsung (my main)
but after winning a few can someone tell me if he is as hated everywere else? everyone seems to just think he's a spammer.
also anyone have tips from changing to Tsung to Noob? they seem quite similar to me.

hi. my name is boX- and i use Noob Saibot (and Kano). /end sarcasm/

i figure this is really the only safe haven i have to discuss Noob with fellow Saibot players w/out being ridiculed, hated on or belittled. :)

for some straaaaange reason, people just LOVE to hate on players who use Noob (and Kano), but i LOVE it!

anyway, let's get this party started...my little noob family. sorry i'm late to the party.

Last edited:
DarkSpark and Aether99....I have you both on my PSN friends list (as fellow Noob Saibot family members)...do either of you use a mic? If so, would you be willing to match up some time and just give each other fighting tips with NS? If you don't use a mic, then no worries, we could just match full speed.

i have no mic, nor much free time atm :/, any posts ive made in the past week have been on my phone at work or in a halfhour timespan between getting home and leaving it. but if i ever do get more free time id be happy to spar you.

I have a USB headset, don't know if it works with my PS3 but I can give it a shot. Just shoot me a message anytime you see me on and we'll see if we can set something up.

I'm going to be practicing some Blackhole combos some more but here's what I've come up with so far:

no meter
-- above blackhole+njp+dash+b1,2,1,4+shadow charge (7hits/26%)

1 meter
-- F3,3,EXShadow Upknee+EX Shadow Slide (4hits/24%)

2 meters
-- Above Blackhole+njp+2,1,2, EX Shadow Upknee, EX Shadow Upknee+b2,1,4, Shadow Charge (11hits/41%)[corner]
-- b1,2,1,4, EX Shadow Upknee+b2,1,4,Shadow Upknee+f3,3,3 (12hits/37%)[corner]
-- Above Blackhole+EX Shadow Upknee+EX Shadow Slide (3hits/21%)

3-4 meters
-- JPS+2,1,2, Ex Shadow Upknee, EX Shadow Upknee+2,1,2, EX Shadow Upknee+F3,3, Shadow Charge (13hits/52%)[corner]

Last edited:
just a word of warnin noobs mk2 is broke as i painfully found out ( nearly broke my knuckle slammin my controller off de table) he can do black hole but not after doin a combo only blackhole behind for some reason but yeah im on x box dunno if its de same on psn