Roster Speculation

[MENTION=18014]theincubuslord[/MENTION] I agree with you as far a Sektor having a better/relevant role w/ the Lin Kuei. Cyrax on the other hand fit better w/ the Special Forces and IMO had a good role there. I would love to see Sub Zero and Sektor duke it out for control of the Lin Kuei as well but I think it would be interesting if Cyrax & Sektor both in their Cybernetic form went one on one.

[MENTION=11230]Guyver Spawn[/MENTION] IF Cyrax is in and does defect from the Lin Kuei, I can see the heroes still helping him reclaim his soul if thats how the story will still be, then I kind of would like to see him become somewhat of a guardian for Cassie while she was younger (show of gratitude) and maybe a partner as she is older

I can see Cyrax being on the roster and Sektor being DLC. I think Johnny Cage and Sonya will find Cyrax then fix him to be good. I do think the first part of MKX will have Johnny Cage, Sonya and Raiden looking for new members for the Forces of Light. I see Sektor working behind the shadows or he gets killed off.

Also if we get Fulgore as a console exclusive for the Xbox versions then it would be a huge miss opportunity not do Cyrax or Sektor vs. Fulgore.

Agreed, Sektor was a cool character but he was just a pawn trying to reach power through killing the grandmaster pfff -_-"

Cyrax on the other hand could turn into something interesting if they do it right, he already declined killing in MK 9 while they said he would get punished for it, he ripped Sektor a new one lmao git rekt.

Maybe something cool after he gone through the transformation, like helping out earth realm of what ever, im sure it wont be so straight forward as Sektors bland objectives :')

Literally, I'm pretty sure NRS can revamp any character and make them relevant to the story. They just need to put effort in, and from what we've seen so far -- they're putting a lot of effort in MKX.

Sektor is way more interesting than Cryax.
Cyrax is just another goody two shoes, Sektor is legitimately insane. Having one without the other is just a mistake imo.

Plus he was one of the main villains in MK9. An actual general of Outworld it seemed. During Cyber Sub-Zero's chapter, we see Sektor giving orders to a horde of Tarkatans, Cyrax and NOOB SAIBOT. Sektor gave Noob Saibot orders. If that isn't gangster, then I don't know what is.

How about an orc/uruk as a special/dlc? It would fit perfectly in mk and Boon shows his love for shadow of mordor frequently.

Why do so many people hate Liu Kang? I always liked him. Even his chicken Style. I Like chicken.
Other than that, im about 100% sure we are getting a new Hero with MKX. I still hope
we see Liu again... and Reptile! And maybe Sheeva and Cyrax please?!

I dont mind Liu Kang, and I think they could do something very interesting with his character (story-wise), considering what happened in MK9.

Why do so many people hate Liu Kang? I always liked him. Even his chicken Style. I Like chicken.
Other than that, im about 100% sure we are getting a new Hero with MKX. I still hope
we see Liu again... and Reptile! And maybe Sheeva and Cyrax please?!

For me personally i don't hate the character, i just think his character is to stale, too one dimensional, not alot of depth. No is he a good character, yeah for sure, he has great moves and some of the most iconic fatalities. Out of the original 7 yeah i guess he was the go to most obvious choice but over the year's i think other characters could have taken the spotlight.

I still believe Liu Kang is alive after his MK9 incident and will eventually be a neutral character but against Raiden. So i hope to see him in the MKX story as well

c) fans got what they wanted in MK9 and now it's time to move on

If NRS does indeed have this mentality rolling into MKX, they might as well count the franchise dead. The "fans" buy the games, when a "fan" buys a game it adds to the studio's and publisher's bottom line, hence another game gets made. I can't count on both hands how many game franchises and studios have went under after consciously upsetting their fan base.

I for one can easily turn my back on the series if MKX turns out the way many of the Elitists on here and in Sh*tholes like MKO envision it.

Sure, fans buy games too. But they're pretty much a minority. Studios want to appeal to biggest audience as possible - the general gamer. MK9 was fan service. MKX needs to move on. I'm not saying hit the restart button, but...

Does anyone here doubt MKX will be great?

I'm not saying I hate Liu Kang, but I do think it's time for a new 'hero.' You can't deny he's an iconic Mortal Kombat character, but I do think it might be time for him to step outside of the spotlight. I do believe he's dead, and I think it might be time for someone else to step up now. Perhaps MK X will introduce a new shaolin monk, a possible descendant of Liu Kang / Kung Lao

I always found Liu Kang to be a pretty likeable character. I can see why people don't like him since he's pretty much a good example of PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity). I can see why they killed him off in MKDA and move on without him. If you look back on old IRC chat on MKO from the late 90's, Ed Boon mention the idea of killing off Liu Kang. I do think Liu Kang becoming evil would be a cool way to revamp his character. The past games prove that MK can be find without Liu Kang before if they kill him off for good.

Liu Kang will always be a big deal in Mortal Kombat, but I think his glory has out run its course. I just don't feel the excitement for him. I'm not even sure he could be revamped again. They killed him and tried to revamp him as a zombie and that didn't go down well with fans. Perhaps because you had to have serious patience to unlock him in Deception that it just wasn't worth it. I think for the sake of the MK X story, Liu might be worth more dead. A revamp would be pointless again

We need the following in MK Ecks:

Chijin (earth god)
Kajin (fire god)
Suijin (water god)
Where did you get those names? I understand the ka, and the sui...but chi? In kanji it's spelled tsuchi while the other way of reading is do.... and why did you pick jin? It only means person, why don't you use Kami which is the word for God? Suikami, kakami and dokami sound way better!