Ed Boon: "Guest characters very likely"

Ed Boon did mention on Twitter that he likes the idea of Deadpool being a guest fighter. If WB was okay with a Lego Marvel game then they should be okay with Deadpool or someone like Blade.

Deadpool would be amazing lol.
I'd much prefer Deathstroke though.

Deadpool is a more entertaining character than Deathstroke, imo. But there's like no chance in hell of Deadpool being a guest character. Which is sad, cause he really does fit in with the MK violence and dark humor.

Ed Boon did mention on Twitter that he likes the idea of Deadpool being a guest fighter. If WB was okay with a Lego Marvel game then they should be okay with Deadpool or someone like Blade.

I think it'd be less of an issue of WB okaying a Marvel character in MK, and more of an issue of Disney okaying a Marvel character in MK, which I think would not happen in a million years considering they won't even let Capcom use their characters anymore in their fun little T rated fighters.

if for some reason cyrax n sektor dont make it then I would love for predator to be a guess character cause he represents both of them n hes the reason they were created anyways so that would be a good way to honor them, but I still feel spawn would be a great guess specially in this mk game. c"mon nrs make it happen!

That dude's video titles are really annoying.

I still remember his "INJUSTICE 2 ANNOUNCED!" bullshit

Hmmm how about The Guyver
mortal_kombat_x_guyver_by_ultimate_savage-d7q46vs.png

I bet you're wondering, "why the red suit?" Its so bad guys can't see me bleed. Deadpool would be the perfect guest for MKX.

......... I'm totally a Deadpool fanboy, if anyone hasnt noticed.

Also, how about the Predator? Or Ash from Army of Darkness? Or (dare I say) Jason Voorhees?

I could see the Xbox versions getting KI characters. I kind of hope PlayStation gets someone other than Kratos....

Last edited:
I think it'd be less of an issue of WB okaying a Marvel character in MK, and more of an issue of Disney okaying a Marvel character in MK, which I think would not happen in a million years considering they won't even let Capcom use their characters anymore in their fun little T rated fighters.

I'm confused. Disney owns the game characters? Or do they just own the films? Because I saw Spiderman (owned by Sony!) In Disney infinity 2.0. As far as I know, Fox owns x-men and deadpool.

I'm confused. Disney owns the game characters? Or do they just own the films? Because I saw Spiderman (owned by Sony!) In Disney infinity 2.0. As far as I know, Fox owns x-men and deadpool.

I'm not good with the legal terms and whatnot, but basically Marvel is now living under Disney's roof much like DC is living under Warner Brothers. They don't have MOVIE rights for all of the Marvel universe like you mentioned, but pretty much everything is in their hands and they apparently don't want any other companies using Marvel characters.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...s-capcom-2-online-seemingly-unrelated-capcom/

Not to mention the fact that Disney and WB have been in competition with each other for as long as I can remember. In fact, the only time I remember WB and Disney IPs being under one roof in officially-released media is Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Hmmm how about The Guyver
mortal_kombat_x_guyver_by_ultimate_savage-d7q46vs.png

While I love the idea, The Guyver is just way too obscure to happen. The most violent anime characters like Devilman, The Guyver, Lucy from Elfen Lied, Guts from Berserk and Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star are not very well known. Guest characters need to popular in order to sell well. Freddy is a pop culture icon and Scorpion has became a video game icon. Those two as DLC fighters made sense in MK9 and Injustice made sense.

I doubt we will get another horror character. It would be a repeat on what we got the last time and Ed Boon likes to avoid repeats.

I doubt we will get another horror character. It would be a repeat on what we got the last time and Ed Boon likes to avoid repeats.

He may like to, but he doesn't. lol There was a period of time within the series' life line that they were churning out repeat after repeat.

[MENTION=11230]Guyver Spawn[/MENTION] I hear what you're saying about being popular but im making this based on Wish factor more than logical. Granted the Guyver wouldn't be the most well known character but I think he would look amazing and would fit in well with the MK Universe.
Hell if i had my way Sabretooth from X-Men would be in the game...MotherF'er loves to kill ppl.
Along with Gray Fox from MGS (There goes your cyborg ninja), Predator, Death from Darksiders, Raziel from Soul Reavers, Spawn and probably any character i thought fit the bill correctly.
But i see what your saying. From a marketing standpoint it wouldn't be wise just to add anybody.