Goro and Release date revealed.

But being like those... doesn't that somewhat make him less... badass?
I wouldn't say that.
He will be the slow powerhouse type of character.
Hopefully they can make him interesting to play than the bosses in MK9, in which every hit pretty much guaranteed the opponent would be flung across the screen, or at least a takedown, making combos almost impossible.

It also has Skarlett's alternate outfit.

Doesn't mean Skarlet herself was on-disc, though.
That's just a background character design, much like the various Noob Saibots in the background, before Bi-Han even died.
They're just filler characters.
Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain and Freddy not having their own spots in the Nekropolis and having a DLC pop-out row are proof of them not being on-disc DLC.

Last edited:
You've never seen Doomsday in Injustice then.
That dude is the epitome of badass. Every single one of his attacks look like they should be breaking bones. Especially his Supernova special.

I have. He's repetetive and boring.

I hope Goro will have certain depth to him. I'd be happy if he actually talked... a bit. Would make him look less dumb... at least for character of his level.

I disagree on the talking thing.
I want Goro to be a mindless murderous grunt.
The less talking in MK the better.

Doesn't mean Skarlet herself was on-disc, though.
That's just a background character design, much like the various Noob Saibots in the background, before Bi-Han even died.
They're just filler characters.
Skarlet Kenshi, Rain and Freddy not having their own spots in the Nekropolis and having a DLC pop-out row are proof of that.

Has nothing to do with what I said. All I was saying was that MK9 had on disc DLC.
Skarlett's alt was just DLC that was never released until the Vita version.

I disagree on the talking thing.
I want Goro to be a mindless murderous grunt.
The less talking in MK the better.

Terrible. Goro is actually one of the more intelligent characters in MK. He's just rarely portrayed as such. A royal prince with values and honor. Save the mindless savage persona for Moloch.

Goro shouldn't talk much (movie Goro rambled on far too much), but I don't think he should be a mindless brute either. I hate the "bigger they are, the dumber they are" logic. I want him to be a big intimidating ferocious warrior, not a mentally challenged idiot that relies on ret*** strength.

Has nothing to do with what I said. All I was saying was that MK9 had on disc DLC.
Skarlett's alt was just DLC that was never released until the Vita version.

It does have to do with what you said because you said that Skarlet's alt was on-disc DLC.
It seems more like filler character fodder just like Tanya being chained up in Kahn's Coliseum, rather than on-disc DLC, given that Tanya was never playable either and none of the DLC characters had alt costumes in the regular console version of MK9.
For all we know, they could have just re-used / recycled that in-game alt as a Vita alt.
Sounds lazy, sure, but I don't think they were on-disc DLC.

Klassic Reptile, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Jade are a different story.

Re: Do we get Goro?

^ wait a sec is this legit or just something from deviant art like the reptile poster?
If this is legit then you can bet your bottom dollor he won't be in story mode at all considering he's just a pre-order DLC
He looks pretty damn beastly though... (taller instead of just being wider, which is a major +)

I asked this before and have forgotten now... but what anime movie is your animated signature taken from?
:)

It wasn't filler. They created Skarlett's regular costume, and they created a second alt costume.
They changed their minds about DLC characters having alts for some reason and just saved it as incentive for the Vita.

It wasn't filler. They created Skarlett's regular costume, and they created a second alt costume.
They changed their minds about DLC characters having alts for some reason and just saved it as incentive for the Vita.

Seemed like it was filler.
I don't recall there being a Skarlet alt costume on-disc coding leaked, like there was for the Fujin audio clip, Brutality audio clip or Klassic ninja costumes in MK9.

I see where you're coming from.

But the statement should be, "you'll never see NRS restrict Scorpion and Sub-Zero" which they haven't.
Despite the debates about Cassie, I still feel she is the potential replacement of Johnny Cage and Sonya Cage.
I'm having a hard time explainung why, but I have this gut feeling this might happen. Either way, I'd be fine with it.
As we already know, MKX will have dlc fighters. I'd assume they'll have around the same number MK9 and Injustice (and most likely costumes too). I'd expect the characters they choose won't directly be part of the core game's story.

Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, and Sonya are both extremely vital to the MK series and they are big fan favorites. Obviously not as much as scorpion and sub-zero, but nonetheless I guarantee you there would be a HUGE backlash if they made them dlc, backlash that could really hurt NRS. Similar to the backlash that happened with SFXtekken. People will only take so much when it comes to day 1 dlc.

No game in history has done DLC as risky and downright stupid as that would be, unless NRS is trying to break some grounds with how shitty a game dev can be, theres no way thats happening.

Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, and Sonya are both extremely vital to the MK series and they are big fan favorites. Obviously not as much as scorpion and sub-zero, but nonetheless I guarantee you there would be a HUGE backlash if they made them dlc, backlash that could really hurt NRS. Similar to the backlash that happened with SFXtekken. People will only take so much when it comes to day 1 dlc.

No game in history has done DLC as risky and downright stupid as that would be, unless NRS is trying to break some grounds with how shitty a game dev can be, theres no way thats happening.

An MK game doesn't have to have those three to be MK. But that's not my point. In my opinion it wouldn't be risky especially if they're not intended for the core game. What could be better dlc incentive than any of those classics.

I'm not saying I wish for this to happen or not. With this being next gen, something tells me classics for dlc is a possibility.

I respectfully disagree.

Liu, Johnny and Sonya are not vital at all. Many fans have already envisioned a world without Liu Kang... And the other two are not make it or break it deals either. MK has survived without Johnny and Sonya before. The only vital characters are Scorpion, Sub Zero and maybe Raiden. Everyone else is a nice bonus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Liu Kang based on the exact same thing MK itself was originally based on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

[MENTION=17726]Noob-Zer013[/MENTION]
Agreed, somewhat.
An MK doesn't HAVE to have Johnny and Sonya to be MK, but it usually does.

That said, Liu Kang IS 1 of the 4 must-haves (along with Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden) for any MK, though.
Liu Kang was only out in Deadly Alliance, but people b****ed so much that he was back in Deception with Zombie AND the favorite human alt.

There shouldn't be any guaranteed characters for MK.
I know that there are, but it truly hurts the story. It makes death mean so little.

Tekken 7 is going to be the last game with the Mishimas. I hope that one day MK can kill off some of it's headliners.

There shouldn't be any guaranteed characters for MK.
I know that there are, but it truly hurts the story. It makes death mean so little.

Tekken 7 is going to be the last game with the Mishimas. I hope that one day MK can kill off some of it's headliners.

Yep they should kill off Sektor baraka Kano and Kitana..there ya go..headliners lol.

"This is where you fall down"