Place your bets on the next DLC character(s)

Which DLC characters will be released?

• Story Pack (Baraka, Rain, Sindel)

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Kombat Pack II (2x MK, 2x guest)

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Rain (free for Kombat Pack owners?)

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Fujin

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Sareena

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Li Mei

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Smoke

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Cyrax

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Frost

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Individual guest character (Alien, Terminator...)

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[MENTION=11230]Guyver Spawn[/MENTION]
I don't see another guest in a 2nd KP (if there is one), as I think that they'd rather save that other guest for MK11, but I do agree with you that I don't see Noob, Reiko or Sareena being in.
I personally think that that we'll see Fujin (if we're lucky) and the lazy 3 MK9 characters that were fightable AI in MKX (Sindel, Rain, Baraka).
I say that it's lazy because NRS just needs to do some finishing touches to those 3 characters for them to be in, and add some variant moves on top of the base ones that they already have, rather than creating 3 brand new base models with 3 variations.

I'd love to see either Li Mei or Sareena (for the female fighter), Reiko and Havik, but I don't think that will happen.

Hope we don't get a guest. It is already bad enough that a guest is top tier over the real mk characters

I'm pretty sure Rain is gunna be one of the DLC characters. Ed Boon recently has been tweeting/reblogging things about Rain, so...that's just my guess.

Rain
Smoke
Chucky
Michael Myers

just cause the NRS team are known for taking zero risks and wants to cater to all the dumb casuals that want Ninjas and horror movie guest characters (which will always outsell the MK characters by a massive margin).

Just look at how Tremor is DLC and Fujin wasn't even considered for the game. I still can't believe they made Tanya DLC when she should have been in the main roster. But i guess that would be a blessing in disguise cause the original Tanya model was a f****** horrible piece of s*** that no one liked. I mean how can they f*** up a character look so much that they had to change it drastically cause of fan outcry.

One things for sure is that i hope a character i like isn't picked (not likely anyway since they want to forget certain 3D era characters ever existed) cause i know they'll half ass them or give them a horrible look

Last edited:
Rain
Smoke
Chucky
Michael Myers

just cause the NRS team are known for taking zero risks and wants to cater to all the dumb casuals that want Ninjas and horror movie guest characters (which will always outsell the MK characters by a massive margin).

Just look at how Tremor is DLC and Fujin wasn't even considered for the game. I still can't believe they made Tanya DLC when she should have been in the main roster. But i guess that would be a blessing in disguise cause the original Tanya model was a f****** horrible piece of s*** that no one liked. I mean how can they f*** up a character look so much that they had to change it drastically cause of fan outcry.

One things for sure is that i hope a character i like isn't picked (not likely anyway since they want to forget certain 3D era characters ever existed) cause i know they'll half ass them or give them a horrible look

They were really dumb. Tanya and Rain should have been in the main roster instead of Reptile and Kano (who should have been DLC and it would have sold much more).

They were really dumb. Tanya and Rain should have been in the main roster instead of Reptile and Kano (who should have been DLC and it would have sold much more).

You're exactly right. Tremor and Tanya aren't as recognizable and should have just been on the main roster and they should have given one of the overused klassic characters the DLC spot, if they used they more familiar character as DLC like Baraka or Reptile, they would have sold as well as Jason/Predator but the NRS team are stupid. The game is filled to the brimmed with Special Forces characters already, surely Sonya could have been DLC instead as well.

Now Tanya and Tremor won't get as much shine and exposure to mainstream audiences as they should because the casuals who aren't familiar with them, probably won't buy them. What sense does it make to give the already underexposed characters the DLC spot? None what so ever. Did they not already learn from how bad Skarlet did?

NRS should really get their s*** together with re-introducing underused 3D era characters to the new MK era but they're too far up Quan Chi's a** to care. And its funny how hes always the only post MK3 character they use but hes always so far down the character usage list its not even funny.

Last edited:
Skarlet did so bad because more people wanted Freddy, Kenshi and Rain more.
Plain and simple.
There are people that LOVED the idea of Freddy in MK9.
Then there are people like me, who (rightfully) felt that an UMK3 / MK9 roster was incomplete without Rain, given that he was playable on Sega Genesis, in that era.
Then you have the people who were fans of Kenshi, back in the 3D era, and wanted to see his new makeover.
Skarlet really didn't have much of a fanbase, pre-MK9, as she was never an actual existing character before then, so her sales number are not really fair.

I'm pretty sure that Predator outsold every MKX DLC character, followed by Jason, then Tremor, then Tanya.
The amount of people wanting Predator, Jason and Tremor FAR outnumbers the amount of people that wanted Tanya.
Tremor has been wanted as a playable ever since MK9 (for most people).
I've wanted Tremor as a playable character ever since 2000.

Last edited:
It won't surprise me if we get one more guest since Angry Joe's interview with Ed Boon a while ago asked about Ash or Spawn showing up as DLC later on and Ed Boon mention that guest always sell well to them. I feel like 2-3 should be the max for guest fighters and 4 & above is pushing it. Besides they are DLC and not stuck on the main roster like the Soul series games. You don't have to download them. I would take a guest over someone like Meat.

I do think that we won't see a second kombat pack for a while. NRS is still likely working on it since they have record voices for the intros. They have to get all of the voice actors back in order to do so. I think NRS finish the voice work for KP1 before the KP was released.

It won't surprise me if we get one more guest since Angry Joe's interview with Ed Boon a while ago asked about Ash or Spawn showing up as DLC later on and Ed Boon mention that guest always sell well to them. I feel like 2-3 should be the max for guest fighters and 4 & above is pushing it. Besides they are DLC and not stuck on the main roster like the Soul series games. You don't have to download them. I would take a guest over someone like Meat.

I do think that we won't see a second kombat pack for a while. NRS is still likely working on it since they have record voices for the intros. They have to get all of the voice actors back in order to do so. I think NRS finish the voice work for KP1 before the KP was released.
Only NATIVE MK characters belong on an MK roster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that Predator outsold every MKX DLC character, followed by Jason, then Tremor, then Tanya.
The amount of people wanting Predator, Jason and Tremor FAR outnumbers the amount of people that wanted Tanya.
Tremor has been wanted as a playable ever since MK9 (for most people).
I've wanted Tremor as a playable character ever since 2000.

Uh thats a bit of stretch to say considering Tremor was released only recently while Tanya has been out longer + has way more character usage. I would bet that months later both would still be at the bottom of the list.

and most people outside of MK community didn't even know who Tremor was, another exaggeration. You can't put him on the same level as those horror movie characters who are even more played than some of the non DLC characters. Having a Tremor bias is fine but don't let that cloud reality.