Official Friday March 27th Kombat Kast Diskussion Thread

Great stream. Erron looked cool. Definitely will use him alot. Liu is liu. Still the baddest sob in the mk universe but i felt his variations arent all that varied. Ill probably stick to the dragon one the rest weren't that great but his gameplay as a whole is awesome of course. Then we get to shinnok. ;(. I was honestly dissapointed. His design is ugly to me and he could have so many more moves then what they gave him. Only variation i like is the imposter and that has limited moves. And his style and stance is nothing like what i expected. He doesnt look like the badass powerful former god we saw in the cage trailer. Hes no longer a main for me.

I didn't catch what they did to his bone variation, but his Imposter steals a move from the opponent and his bone variation gives him incredible reach.

I meant his look, they have many distinct glowing bits, eyes lighting up for others but for Shinnok nothing with his eyes or glowing tattoos (he has on his arms) or even his hands? A bit weird, I thought Shinnok was going to blow me away but the jester look makes him rather silly. So glad he's not the boss, that would be very dissappointing! Erron Black is cool, though too many weapons for my liking and Liu Kang is awesome! If Baraka is not in, I guess it's cool they gave his blade to someone, though Mileena actually growing it out of her arm would've made waaayy more sense then.

Man liu kang looks boss. Im really curious about dualist
Flame fist and dragon fire look good. I love the fact that the bicyle kick and windmill punch staggers you instead of knocking you down. It lets me continue pressure also the dark part of dualist the fire balls are gonna be great for trapping. And healing! What the hell is going on with liu kang in story?! Find out next time on......

BTW, does anyone here use WB Play? I just signed up with my mail e-mail address, but that's not the same e-mail address as I use for my XB1 account, so does that matter? Do you get codes by e-mail (for character skins, etc.) which you can add manually in-game, or do you have to have stuff automatically linked?

Could someone who has received stuff from WB Play please let me know, as I don't want to miss out on the Raiden skin. :)
[MENTION=18894]ArcaneEsper[/MENTION]

Yes, they did, assuming we see Jax, Jacqui, Sonya and Kenshi as the final four on the roster.

Apparently the hand boss from Super Smash Bros died and is now under Shinnoks control.

Did no one else think Super Smash as soon as seeing those bone hands?! The flick, the smash, etc.

Shinnok looked sick though. Liu seemed alright and easy to learn, not a HUGE difference in variations so he'll be easier to learn. I'm also digging the Mike Tyson variation with that face tat.

Didn't see Erron :(
Waiting for YouTube to upload

[MENTION=18894]ArcaneEsper[/MENTION]

Yes, they did, assuming we see Jax, Jacqui, Sonya and Kenshi as the final four on the roster.

At this point it's pretty likely it's them tho. Unless NRS wants to reward us with one (or two) of them after we finish story mode and Fujin is unlocked from the start.

[MENTION=11230]Guyver Spawn[/MENTION] I've got this feeling that intros with Shinnok might be spoiler-y and they wanted to avoid that.

Erron, Shinnok, and Takeda are all looking they're going to be my mains. Man, though, this game has so many good-looking characters.

erron blacks playstyles were a let down. seeing a character pull out a big gun in MK just looks so wrong and tacky. his smaller pistol revolver stuff is cool but still meh. i loved his coin trick though but the sand stuff was kinda lame especially the fatality.

shinok looks kinda silly his moves were like shang tsung and jades staff . but the big skeleton hand stuff was awesome wish he had more of that going on.

liu kang, exactly what i expected, still boring to me i dont think they did a good job with his variations and that black stuff you can slow down wtf is all that about, i get it from a gameplay stand point but it looks shit. but wotevs kang fans will be happy

overall not a fan of any of those 3 characters playstyles. wont be interested in learning them. a very disappointing stream for me but i love watching the belt fights at the end. well done tyler

I pray the shinnok costume they showed is his alt

Or the one in your avatar is his alt.
Well, it looks like we have at least four costumes for Shinnok so far: story mode, jumping man pic, roster screen and samurai.

Is that right so far? I agree the story mode one is better than the roster screen one, but I certainly don't mind it. It certainly has a lot of detail, and Shinnok is quite ostentatious. :)

Ermac's is one of my favourite alts so far - the black mummy-style one.

Erron Black's fatality tease was cool, the final result which they nailed so far with almost every single fatality, is very silly. I mean, how cool and more realistic would it have been if he actually coughed up blood with sand and the sand was covered with it? Also blood and sand or just red sand should've splashed out of every hole in his body.

This game is just going to be so good. I wanted to lock it down to four mains but after seeing shinnok today I don't think I can. He just looks so freaking good to me. Every week I just get so amazed at how amazing this game looks

Well, it looks like we have at least four costumes for Shinnok so far: story mode, jumping man pic, roster screen and samurai.

Is that right so far? I agree the story mode one is better than the roster screen one, but I certainly don't mind it. It certainly has a lot of detail, and Shinnok is quite ostentatious. :)

ill rewatch this stream a few more times and maybe he will grow on me.

The jumping man and roster screen are the same one.