Spammers?

Re: Im so PISSED OFF right now!

I agree.. I was playing with a guy once time, and he uses Scorpion and the only thing he do was put me in the corner and tap square as idiot. He took about 50% of life in just seconds (I didn't have a breaker in that moment). well, hen I punish him to hell, but was very VERY annoying.

Also I hate people who uses smoke or noob and the only thing that they do is teleport, teleport, fireball (smoke ball or the noob's shadows) then teleport again, .... etc etc etc, then xray, then teleport... go to hell yo *****. Or with Kung Lao the story is: Jump (back) air kick, spin, jump kick, tornado, tornado, hat throw, tornado, jump kick... pretty fag. And when you catch him in the corner abuse of the spin and begins with the fag kicks again. I HATE IT AS HELL!.
use that breaker man.

Practically all of your problems could be solved by dash blocking. Most casual players do either two things:

1. Just block in one place like a statue
2. Jump around

Dash blocking should practically be the only way you get around. If you do it correctly and intelligently you will always block Smoke's teleports and smoke bombs, and really basically everything AND approach them. Jumping around isn't a smart thing to do vs a player that knows what they are doing.

Practice it a bit and I'm sure not only will you get better against those characters, but better in general.

This ^ that's really it

Practically all of your problems could be solved by dash blocking. Most casual players do either two things:

1. Just block in one place like a statue
2. Jump around

Dash blocking should practically be the only way you get around. If you do it correctly and intelligently you will always block Smoke's teleports and smoke bombs, and really basically everything AND approach them. Jumping around isn't a smart thing to do vs a player that knows what they are doing.

Practice it a bit and I'm sure not only will you get better against those characters, but better in general.

I agree, tho its hard sometimes to block spammers with the crazy lag that haunts us, at least for some of us anyways :)
As far as worst characters that i have encounter that spam a lot, is Kano, i dont say this cus you like him, but i have fought many who spam with other fighters and i can beat them most times, but never have i beat a kano knife spammer, his knives are super fast for me lol

then there are those like you said statues, all they do is stand there and block and wait for you to come get them, i usually beat them and deny them of a rematch and just ignore them after the match.

also i must play you one of these days, dont know why since i suck against kano big time lol
but in order for me to get better against him, i have to find a good player with him thats not a spammer, since i rarely encounter those using kano, but when i do, boy do i get tempted to disconnect lol
but i also suck against normal users using kano, i just dont know why, but i suck against him bad lol

Nothingrhymes Aka sipmilkoutmyass does not spam Kano, he has the best Kano that I have personally fought myself on PSN.

honestly what could johnny spam that gets you upset?

if you jump into his forceball, thats your problem

Nothingrhymes Aka sipmilkoutmyass does not spam Kano, he has the best Kano that I have personally fought myself on PSN.

Agreed .... only played against him once, but, I could barely cause only 10% damage to him, and his Kano destroyed me on the corner. This dude has a very good Kano gameplay, top-notch.

NothingRhymesWithCircus,
I've been getting better with Kano, but not anywhwere near your Kano.

Got any tips for getting better with Kano (eg. combos, strategies and counterstrikes)??? ;-)

I really am! Im just sick of this game.

Except, unlike other people who will make excuses and all, im just gonna say it.

I ****ing HATE spammers, why? because I cant ****ing defeat them. There is this one guy who is the worst player of all ****ing time. And im raging because I cant beat him and he's a git, being a prat to everyone..

I know his GT if anyone wants it, to kill him or whatever.

But back on track I can't beat spammers, i dont know why, and it's really annoying me.

Im calming down now as I write this post, but I blame myself, does anyone have any tips on how to beat spammers? I never seem to be able to beat them. Particularly Scorpion, Smoke, Sub-Zero and Johnny Cage spammers.

Also, please don't flame, like "Cry more" or "quit *****ing", because i really am not in the mood. Really. If you must have negative feedback, be nice.

I also just noticed you can tell in this post where im calming down.

Just block and wait what they will do, try to read them. And use Ermac, imho one of the best Chrakters to punish special spammers :) If u mean by spammers, those who just spam 1-2 combos all the time without any pause (like Cage would do or lui kang) then try using teleport charakters.

Agreed .... only played against him once, but, I could barely cause only 10% damage to him, and his Kano destroyed me on the corner. This dude has a very good Kano gameplay, top-notch.

come to think of it, i think i fought him on koth lol
is he the one who ducks a bunch of times before chocking you instead of doing a fatality? lol
its kinda funny when he does that lol

is he the one who ducks a bunch of times before chocking you instead of doing a fatality? lol

Well, he knows and understand a lot about fighting games, you can check out his technical tips posts here in some threads. He plays well this game, very agressive and putting pressure all the time.

Ask him for some private matches and later, come here and talk about the experience. hehe XD

No that isnt me lol.... I don't even fatality half the time.

And if anyone wants to play me just send me a fight invite when I'm online. I'll be more than happy to play anyone.

True that. And (despite his PSN ID lol) he's a cool dude. I've played him a few times in KotH and his Kano is beastly. He's the reason I decided to learn Kano haha. I'm thinking eventually he might surpass Sub-Zero for my main spot.

And @ whoever asked for Kano advice, head over to TYM and check out the Kano section, that's where I started.

Re: Indifference to Spamming

Thanks for the advice people. I dropped Johnny for another Smoke match and went Quan Chi. It kind of went both ways, since the match was pretty laggy. (and oddly enough I've noticed that most spammers seem to have the laggiest connection....hmmmm) Anyways, he spammed, teleport, but so did I. :D

Blocking is all well and good, but with good blocking comes good timing. Even if they dont repeatively use the teleport combo, they will try and close then distance, and at a moments notice, bam teleport. I know I still need some practice, but thanks for all the advice again.

What you need to do against smoke is fake moves alot, whether it be
a projectile or walk forward, 90% of the time they'll do a teleport. Block
and punish. If they're smart they'll try to out think you so you'll need to
mix it up, don't become predictable with patterns. I guarantee this will
beat 90% of smoke players, most of them no nothing other than throw
smoke projectile into teleport, rinse and repeat let alone zoning, footsies,
and yomi.

It IS very annoying.. but think about street fighter... most players spam the specials constantly..ALL the time

hadouken, sonic boom, hadouken, sonic boom etc etc etc...

I like smoke and want to learn him properly.. but everyone frowns upon using him and instantly branded a "Noob"... i'm trying to master Reptile instead..