Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel Death's Cold Embrace!"

Re: Sub-Zero Thread - "Feel the Cold Embrace of Death"

You can do it yourself. Just edit the first post and it will let you change the title.

EDIT - Nevermind no you can't. All other forums I have been to let me.

If someone has some more combo or tip, tell me here and ill add it. Thanx.

Some tips I gathered from watching Tom B play him in tournament and from TYM site...

Main pressure combo is 2,2,4. It is safe on block.
Mix in sweeps with f+4. You can hit a iceball after f+4 (cant block f+4 low).
You can hit confirm 2,2 into ice ball, then finish with a simple 2,1,4 slide for good BnB damage.
The b+1,2,1 will leave opponent staggered, so mix in a throw right after or continue pressure with 2,2,4.

Also, you can clone out of any combo to get to safety.

Some tips I gathered from watching Tom B play him in tournament and from TYM site...

Main pressure combo is 2,2,4. It is safe on block.
Mix in sweeps with f+4. You can hit a iceball after f+4 (cant block f+4 low).
You can hit confirm 2,2 into ice ball, then finish with a simple 2,1,4 slide for good BnB damage.
The b+1,2,1 will leave opponent staggered, so mix in a throw right after or continue pressure with 2,2,4.

Also, you can clone out of any combo to get to safety.

Yeah I know that you can cut every 3 hits basic combo to 2 hits and end it with an iceball then continue with the combo ill add it in a tips section. Thanx for remind me.

can someone give 3 most used combos for sub-zero cuz i cant learn everything :S

Guys i need help,can't do this combo 37% Combo**** 11 Hits: Ice Pick (w/o punch), Ice ball, Jump & Punch, Dash, Ice Pick (without punch), Frost Bitten, Power Slide

i can't mix ice pick and frost bitten :S ,how to do that

Guys i need help,can't do this combo 37% Combo**** 11 Hits: Ice Pick (w/o punch), Ice ball, Jump & Punch, Dash, Ice Pick (without punch), Frost Bitten, Power Slide

i can't mix ice pick and frost bitten :S ,how to do that

It's Back+1 (ice pick w/o p.) and then 2,1,2 (Frost Bitten)

That combo is really hard specially doing the ice pick after jump punch...

yeah i know,but when i doing back+1mthen icepick ,and then i try to do 2,1,2 cant do that,cant link together

yeah i know,but when i doing back+1mthen icepick ,and then i try to do 2,1,2 cant do that,cant link together

Ill explain you the whole combo so you can see your mistakes.

First: BACK+1 (ice pick W/O P.) and Iceball, then one step and JUMP AND PUNCH (in place), DASH very fast and do BACK+1 (ICE PICK W/O P.) very fast and then 2,1,2 (FROST BITTEN) and to end the comob, Slide or Power Slide.

After jump punch, dash, ice pick and frost bitten must be done very fast is a ver hard combo, keep trying in training, ill try to upload a video I made later (I recorded it with my celphone but looks good though)

Ill explain you the whole combo so you can see your mistakes.

First: BACK+1 (ice pick W/O P.) and Iceball, then one step and JUMP AND PUNCH (in place), DASH very fast and do BACK+1 (ICE PICK W/O P.) very fast and then 2,1,2 (FROST BITTEN) and to end the comob, Slide or Power Slide.

After jump punch, dash, ice pick and frost bitten must be done very fast is a ver hard combo, keep trying in training, ill try to upload a video I made later (I recorded it with my celphone but looks good though)

i will be thankfull if u post on youtube that combo

lol ok i have time,i know every combo,but that combo cant do :S...and what is the best wheni froze someone ,i mean first iceball?

Here you go!

I finished it with an xray, but is the same just do a slide or power slide insted of an xray.
But with xray is 47% damage.
Sorry for the quality i recorded it with my phone.

yeah i know but i cant link icepick and frost bitten cuz when i finish icepick its finishing by 2 same button as frost bitten starts,thats why i dont understand that combo

yeah i know but i cant link icepick and frost bitten cuz when i finish icepick its finishing by 2 same button as frost bitten starts,thats why i dont understand that combo

Do ICE PICK when sub-zero is going to stab the rival, then you press the FROST BITTEN input.

oh thanks i done it,but its so ****ing hard

yeah, I did it consistently in the demo ..but it feels like they changed the timing.. Now its NJP,b12,smallpause,212xxslide and I miss that 212 sometimes ..-.-

BUT anyway ..thanks to dmg scalling u can go for an easy JP,214xxslide ..out of freeze 26% and without freeze 29%dmg u miss a few % but its easy ..also JP,214,Xray (if my brain isn't fooling me) does more dmg than a NJP,b12,smallpause,212/4,Xray

yeah, I did it consistently in the demo ..but it feels like they changed the timing.. Now its NJP,b12,smallpause,212xxslide and I miss that 212 sometimes ..-.-

BUT anyway ..thanks to dmg scalling u can go for an easy JP,214xxslide ..out of freeze 26% and without freeze 29%dmg u miss a few % but its easy ..also JP,214,Xray (if my brain isn't fooling me) does more dmg than a NJP,b12,smallpause,212/4,Xray

I think 2,1,4 and X-Ray can't be combined.

The Jump in place and punch is a bit odd and almost impossible to do in a fight thats why i didnt put the combos with it, I just included some combos that features it because you have to freeze the rival first in them.

In a normal fight is weird to have the opportunity of getting so near to the rival and have enough time to jump and punch in place without being hit.

Last edited: