Noob Saibot Thread - "We share blood. We are not brothers."

I call complete bull *hit on this. the EX slide is only good for 1 thing....when the opponent is sorta close to you and you do the EX slide to bring them right up to you and then you grab them as they stand up. other than that, tell me exactly how good this move is and how it's better than the teleport?!? at least the teleport can be used in a combo. please...back up what you posted, i'm curious to hear this.

I don't get peoples obsession with noobs teleport. At its best it punishes certain projectiles and punishes jumps. Also good at end of a combo to turn up the pressure because of the favorable positioning.

Outside of those 3 things its a high risk little reward move. I use it STRICTLY on the 3 things I listed.

Not sure if id say noobs slide is better. Ill test it out sometime tho. Could be good for mixups.

Okay, so I made a video with up to 100% combos for Noob. It's crap quality but whatever.

The 1st one is 74% and takes 1 meter. The 2nd is 100%, 2 meter, and is the same except you repeat NJP dash 1 dash 1,2 EX Upknee DF2 DF3 - but to end it the same you need to be further from the corner. Otherwise, you can do the 3rd combo, where your last black hole should be a DB2 instead of DF2 so it catches your opponent in the corner - you can just repeat the combo again to finish.

Credit to King for inventing this, go here for all info on it.

Okay, so I made a video with up to 100% combos for Noob. It's crap quality but whatever.

The 1st one is 74% and takes 1 meter. The 2nd is 100%, 2 meter, and is the same except you repeat NJP dash 1 dash 1,2 EX Upknee DF2 DF3 - but to end it the same you need to be further from the corner. Otherwise, you can do the 3rd combo, where your last black hole should be a DB2 instead of DF2 so it catches your opponent in the corner - you can just repeat the combo again to finish.

I don't think that's 100% guaranteed reset right? I had someone try that on me but I got out. That means it either isn't 100% guaranteed to reset. Or they were just a few frames off from getting me with it.

I don't think that's 100% guaranteed reset right? I had someone try that on me but I got out. That means it either isn't 100% guaranteed to reset. Or they were just a few frames off from getting me with it.

its not gauranteed. its a bit of a frame trap. the first reset is difficult to jump out of and easier to roll (tho supposedly if you quickly backdash before you send out the running man they wont be able to roll cuz you will be at fullscreen) while the second one cant be rolled out of but more easily jumped. if they block it, they still eat the blackhole (pushback) and a unblocked slide can knock them in as well (unsure of blocked slide) so there is a bit of mixup potential in it as well.

i use the first reset, working on incorporating the second. i use the first as a punish (blocked teleport as an example).

whats great about it is even if they escape its safe because they will be escaping from fullscreen and noobs zoning is best at that distance. if they jump the first blackhole and eat the running man (which is fairly common if they try to jump the first one) you start zoning (cuz they have to block the second running man then).

essentially its a GREAT way to establish pressure/punishing, even if its not gauranteed because there isnt any real reason not to do it cuz even if they get out, noobs safe 90% of the time.

i also like 2,1,2xxblack hole (behind noob) dash forward (so hole is behind noob)...this little trick almost always works vs raiden/smoke players as there teles are fast enough that they get caught in the blackhole, ive tested this, it seems to work every time!

its not gauranteed. its a bit of a frame trap. the first reset is difficult to jump out of and easier to roll (tho supposedly if you quickly backdash before you send out the running man they wont be able to roll cuz you will be at fullscreen) while the second one cant be rolled out of but more easily jumped. if they block it, they still eat the blackhole (pushback) and a unblocked slide can knock them in as well (unsure of blocked slide) so there is a bit of mixup potential in it as well.

i use the first reset, working on incorporating the second. i use the first as a punish (blocked teleport as an example).

whats great about it is even if they escape its safe because they will be escaping from fullscreen and noobs zoning is best at that distance. if they jump the first blackhole and eat the running man (which is fairly common if they try to jump the first one) you start zoning (cuz they have to block the second running man then).

essentially its a GREAT way to establish pressure/punishing, even if its not gauranteed because there isnt any real reason not to do it cuz even if they get out, noobs safe 90% of the time.

i also like 2,1,2xxblack hole (behind noob) dash forward (so hole is behind noob)...this little trick almost always works vs raiden/smoke players as there teles are fast enough that they get caught in the blackhole, ive tested this, it seems to work every time!

That's pretty neat. I don't do much black hole testing. Because I spend most of my time with jade. Noob started out as that character I pick vs mindless players. Then it slowly transformed into my somewhat 2nd main.

Very nice! I should give that a little bit of practice!

@aedanwolfe Yeah it isn't guaranteed, that's also why I wrote up to 100% because I doubt that'll happen very often. 74% is more than enough anyway. It is escapable, but I think it's got high potential for success. The backdash thing does work, but a blocked slide does not push them in. A duck/stand blocked charge still does, but the recovery on block is a problem. Near impossible for me to NJP after it. So if you charge against duck block, I say skip NJP and start 1 dash 1,2 etc. Use a slide against stand block as you can surely NJP off it.

aeden plus rep for you sir for that behind noob black hole idea . ive been tryin to find a use for it . youve no idea how long i spent tryin to make blackhole in front work with ex slide ..... HOURS!!!

Thx for this, will be practicing :)

i like noob hes a cool character and hes a zoner i like zoners but is it just me or can u do almost no normal combos 1 19% 1 20% and 1 21%
al the others ar or corner ( i hate corner) or Enhanced or x-ray combos so i dont now i gona train a litle whit him but i think i cant do much damage whit this guy

i like noob hes a cool character and hes a zoner i like zoners but is it just me or can u do almost no normal combos 1 19% 1 20% and 1 21%
al the others ar or corner ( i hate corner) or Enhanced or x-ray combos so i dont now i gona train a litle whit him but i think i cant do much damage whit this guy

Thats what I first hated about him. Basically the only way to start a juggle with him is by cornering your opponent or by using his Black Hole. Only people new to the game fall into it unless you use it same way as jarvis653 posted earlier. Still I envy other character's moves like Scorpion's spear & Sub-Zero's freeze cause they are much better setups for juggles.

Last edited:
hello MK fans. I am not a combo"freak" like many other people, i use only the "short" combos, but i think i can help a little bit.

I have a few combos for Noob, i showed all of them midscreen. The first one isn't easy for me, but i guess you can handle it better.

4 hits, 21% damage: B+2, 1, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Shadow Slide.

5 hits, 22% damage: B+1, 2, 1, 4, Enhanced Shadow Slide.

3 hits, 16% damage: Enhanced Black Hole (Above), Shadow Upknee, Shadow Charge.
Start the Upknee directly after the Enhanced Black Hole. You can also use the Shadow Slide to finish the combo, 15% damage.

3 hits, 19% damage: F+4, Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Shadow Slide.
works only with a little delay between Upknee and Slide for me.

4 hits, 21% damage: Black Hole (Above), Enhanced Shadow Upknee, Teleport Slam.
When using Enhanced Black hole, you will have 22% damage.

Please let me know what do you think about the combos.

It might just be me, but I think Noob's classic skin is bugged.
Whenever I do the b1,2,1,4, I cannot do the blackhole after it.
I have trouble doing combos with that skin. That probably explains my recent troubles.

Thought I'd check up on this thread since there hasn't been much advanced talk about Noob lately. How have you guys been going? Anyone made some unique progress with him?

I've been trying to but kind of hit a wall now. I did find a meterless corner combo though, which I haven't seen anywhere yet. It's totally ridiculous actually...

2,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee,1,2,Upknee = 16 hits 40%

The timing is demanding on it, you need to smash the last three 1,2,Upknee repetitions as fast as you can. Otherwise there's plenty of ways to get a nice 38%, and honestly no point in gambling for 2%, I just found it amusing to exploit the 1,2,db3 string.

Like I said I've hit a wall, haha. I just feel there's got to be more to him we haven't found yet.

hey noob fans im feelin generous so heres a little combo to wet yer appitite meterless 33% MIDSCREEN (i hate peeps sayin noob is only useful in a corner )
so trap them in a blackhole wit your clone njp B2 B1214 clone
and for anyone whos really good on timing clone trap them njp B2 12 12exupknee ex teleport 42% (its very hard to pull off though ) have fun !!!!

hey noob fans im feelin generous so heres a little combo to wet yer appitite meterless 33% MIDSCREEN (i hate peeps sayin noob is only useful in a corner )
so trap them in a blackhole wit your clone njp B2 B1214 clone
and for anyone whos really good on timing clone trap them njp B2 12 12exupknee ex teleport 42% (its very hard to pull off though ) have fun !!!!
What you showed is a variation of his damage reset. The reason wy its not that great on its own is how hard it is to land a naked blackhole. Its useful. But only with the reset or a surprise exblackhole while zoning

fr stack, one good thing about that string you showed is its a way to do 100% damage reset (multiple resets) without burning meter at all.

b+1,2,1,4xxblackhole, shadowcharge, njp, b+2, b+1,2,1,4xxblackhole, shadowcharge to infiniti

the b+2 allows you to correctly time the b+1 to get it to hit in its entirety on the in air target.

i havent tested to see how easy it is to escape vs the metered version but it looks helluva promising.

speaking of which i saw a player in trmk koth named kamikazi (something like that) who used noob VERY aggressively adn abused this damage reset as well. amazing player, and a noob ill be modeling my own after.

edit: just the thought of doing 100% damage off of a punish makes me giggle.

I Dont Know If This Has Ever Been Mentioned. But I Found A Reset With His EX Slide. When Timed Right The Computer Didnt AUTO Block It