Characters that need to die forever

The point was that they kept him for a reason.
If they didn't want him in Armageddon, they wouldn't have bothered in the first place.
Same could be said for guest \ DLC characters.

As much as I'd HATE to see Freddy or Kratos in MK10, if NRS really wanted to, they could develop them further for MK10 since the following has already been established in MK9.

Please explain your point further. Because as a Meat fan, I cannot see his significance in Deception.
And everyone was in Armageddon, even Hsu Hao whom Ed Boon hates with a passion. There was no discussion as to whether or not he was going to be in.

And who cares about the guest characters being developed further? Yay for the people who like them.
As long as the guests are not treated like Kratos was (fatalities were altered on him, his ending was made to make everyone in MK look like a joke) then I'm fine with it. You should actually pick up Freddy. I did recently and he's a blast to play as.

Please explain your point further. Because as a Meat fan, I cannot see his significance in Deception.
And everyone was in Armageddon, even Hsu Hao whom Ed Boon hates with a passion. There was no discussion as to whether or not he was going to be in.

And who cares about the guest characters being developed further? Yay for the people who like them.
As long as the guests are not treated like Kratos was (fatalities were altered on him, his ending was made to make everyone in MK look like a joke) then I'm fine with it. You should actually pick up Freddy. I did recently and he's a blast to play as.

Even though Meat was a joke character, he was a secret character in MK4, and in Armageddon was a playable character?
Reptile, Skarlet, Ermac and Rain all started out this way, and they're all in MK9. ;-)
Anything is possible.

I dunno.
I just don't want to see some character like Freddy or Kratos as a main-stay in the future MK games.
I have the latest patch and don't mind playing against a Freddy player or Kratos player.
My gripe with those characters isn't DLC or unlock-able, because honestly, if they were DLC ONLY or secret characters, then I could see it as NRS throwing it in as an Easter-egg, to screw around.
My problem would be if NRS started to flesh them out to keep them (which is a low possibility, but still possible, none-the-less).

But that is the point of Mokap.
He is a joke character. He was never hopping around on the box art, never appeared on the vs tower and never took a roster spot over anybody else. I don't see why so many people hate him.

Plus he's Carlos Pesina

Meat was a joke character as well but he had a more "serious" story. Meh, I just don't see how Mokap could be useful if he were serious.

Even though Meat was a joke character, he was a secret character in MK4, and in Armageddon was a playable character?
Reptile, Skarlet, Ermac and Rain all started out this way, and they're all in MK9. ;-)
Anything is possible.

I honestly wouldn't mind Meat as a fleshed (I'm so clever) out character. He has potential in my eyes. A grotesque creature that rejects his creator. I've always loved good guys that look evil. Hell, he could even be Drahmin's rival.

Totally doing Rebuilding Meat later today

Meat was a joke character as well but he had a more "serious" story. Meh, I just don't see how Mokap could be useful if he were serious.

Its not about him being serious though, its just having him as a side character. Completely optional. He has no use. Like Mokujin to Tekken.

I found it funny that NRS went out their way to make a Motaro model, but never implemented him into the game. I can't say I miss him though.

They showed him getting killed in the main story for continuity's sake, so he wasn't completely ignored.

Anything is possible.

I dunno.
I just don't want to see some character like Freddy or Kratos as a main-stay in the future MK games.
I have the latest patch and don't mind playing against a Freddy player or Kratos player.
My gripe with those characters isn't DLC or unlock-able, because honestly, if they were DLC ONLY or secret characters, then I could see it as NRS throwing it in as an Easter-egg, to screw around.
My problem would be if NRS started to flesh them out to keep them (which is a low possibility, but still possible, none-the-less).

Do you want them to develop Jack Thompson further, too? After all, he was a "joke character", right?

Last edited:
They showed him getting killed in the main story for continuity's sake, so he wasn't completely ignored.

Would've been nice to have him in the Goro \ Kintaro sub-boss rotation for MK9, though.

And yes, it is possible to have him in if you prevent X-Rays from being done on him.

I loved Motaro.

Dude scared the shit out of me as a kid. Was hoping he would do the same this time around :cry:

I loved Motaro.

Dude scared the shit out of me as a kid. Was hoping he would do the same this time around :cry:

Same here.
Back in the day, when I faced Motaro, I was like "Shit, gotta find a way to beat this guy."

I got that at first from Shao Kahn in MK9, but once you've mastered the art of dodging spears and hammers, you're good.

I got that at first from Shao Kahn in MK9, but once you've mastered the art of dodging spears and hammers, you're good.

You don't even need to do that. Even on the highest difficulty if you just jump over him after you knock him down he'll whiff a hammer uppercut every time.

They put Hsu Hao in Armageddon despite not wanting him in

And appearing in a game =/= character development

Writing a story for Meat in Armageddon DOES = character development.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the comment that Ed Boon made about Hsu Hao never being in another Mortal Kombat came AFTER Armageddon, during the development of MKvsDC.

Would've been nice to have him in the Goro \ Kintaro sub-boss rotation for MK9, though.

And yes, it is possible to have him in if you prevent X-Rays from being done on him.

That's just stupid and they could've had him in even then. (Just add a separate set of animations for him.) That's not the point, because I've always thought he was stupid and awkward. Unlike the Shokans that walk on 2 feet, him having 4 feet makes him obviously slow and leaves him insanely open to rear attacks. The Shokans aren't really broken (aside from their damage offsets), but he would have to be since he wouldn't be able to turn around quickly and he would only be able to attack reliably with his arms.

That's just stupid and they could've had him in even then. (Just add a separate set of animations for him.) That's not the point, because I've always thought he was stupid and awkward. Unlike the Shokans that walk on 2 feet, him having 4 feet makes him obviously slow and leaves him insanely open to rear attacks. The Shokans aren't really broken (aside from their damage offsets), but he would have to be since he wouldn't be able to turn around quickly and he would only be able to attack reliably with his arms.

Give him rear bucking attacks or have his tail thrash wildly as he turns around.

Writing a story for Meat in Armageddon DOES = character development.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the comment that Ed Boon made about Hsu Hao never being in another Mortal Kombat came AFTER Armageddon, during the development of MKvsDC.
I wasn't talking about that comment, I was referring to how Vogel, Boon and probably others didn't want Hsu Hao to come back (hence why he died in the same game he debuted in) but had to bring him back in Armageddon because every character was going to be brought back (if you want proof, IIRC, this was said in Hsu Hao's Bio Kard)

And I was referring to his cameo in Deception

Give him rear bucking attacks or have his tail thrash wildly as he turns around.

rofl.png

That'd make him the most predictable character ever.

You do realize they probably would've needed a horse in studio for motion capturing?

It's hard to catch realistic movements doing it straight from programming.

As long as the guests are not treated like Kratos was (fatalities were altered on him, his ending was made to make everyone in MK look like a joke) then I'm fine with it.

That bugged the hell out of me too.

I guess guests are the norm nowadays. :|
Can't sell a videogame without them.
/sarcasm

Anyways, I just don't want to see a guest character EVER appear on the main roster again.
I know that they put him (Kratos) on the main roster on PS3, for people that don't have an internet connection, but they could have just as easily put him in the Krypt, and have given us a choice to unlock him or NOT unlock him.

It's 2012 people.
GET A ****ING INTERNET CONNECTION!!! :laugh: