UMK9 Discussion ~ ALL UMK9 Discussion Goes Here

Re: Here s a petition for UMK9

Well then what if they put out MK10 next year like it is rumored too, that still makes them greedy then, right? F**k that, expand MK9 first and take your time with MK10, see what new features other games put in during that time and incorporate it into MK10. MK9 is still NEW and fresh and they can build on it with UMK9 until they finish MK10.

See its posts like this i can kind of understand the side they are coming from, however. Asking NRS to watch other companys......well fighting games so its basically Capcom...... NRS is suppose to watch, copy the new features another company thinks of, and then incorporate it into a game made currently and clearly effect more people that dont want it than do.

If you want a solid MK10, then you should want the NRS team to give more focus on MK10. Having them repair rebuild and reassemble a current game for second release will take up the time most of the team is going to be needed for investing time into the follow up.

Because MK9 is already out and alive, and doing very well, im sure DLC is even doing good..they can have a small team focus specifically on downloadable content and keep the majority of the crew focused on more important goals, this being the following game.

I know people have there problems with MK9, however im extremely happy with the outcome and more than convinced all patches on MK9 will be enough for it to keep this game running. Im sorry if people cant handle the lag, however for being 5 months old and having plenty of rooms filled online and i can at all times find a game, i feel that the success of MK9 is large and an UMK9 is simply a waste of time.

People dont really get it, but if UMK9 comes out, you can simply go "if you dont want it dont buy it" however it really will split up the online community for those who do, and dont want it. By keeping MK9 alive on steady DLC, it will support the people that are dedicated to the game currently, and will keep people together 100%.

Look at how many people didnt want to download a damn DLC character because he was a guest, and these are the same people complaining to make a whole updated version of a game. If people didnt want to DOWNLOAD a FREE compatibility pack, why in the hell would they want to go pay $40+ for an updated MK9. Things like this convince me the online crowd would be split, and we are going to turn MK into Call of Duty. A large amount of people will be fine with the current MK9 figuring they can comfortably wait til MK10, then the trendy disc updater's will go on to the following game.

Personally i think people dont want MK10 cause they are afraid to lose a precious main character they play on the current roster. People fear the next game because they might not be able to play someone they use already.

In my opinion, NRS is probably more than aware of that situation.

New levels, more characters/fatalities/skins, playable bosses, and more mods can be done with dlc so simple no, i prefer to see MK10 in the future. I understand the people who can't download the dlc because of the ban but in a GOTY version you will have the dlc on disc.

A quick question, since I'm curious to know what people are objecting to: What is "pulling a Capcom"?

A quick question, since I'm curious to know what people are objecting to: What is "pulling a Capcom"?

as i said in an earlier post rob pulling a capcom is when you make a super ultimate extreme version of a game only putting in a couple new characters/stages/modes and getting ripped off 60$

as i said in an earlier post rob pulling a capcom is when you make a super ultimate extreme version of a game only putting in a couple new characters/stages/modes and getting ripped off 60$

Thanks. Which expansion did Capcom charge $60 for?

don't know and don't care i'm just guessing that price

Okay, no problem. I thought the price had something to do with it, so I did some digging. Putting gameplay changes and new or modified game modes aside:

Mortal Kombat (DLC)
+ 4 Characters
- $4.99 each/$19.96 total or $14.99 bundle

Super Street Fighter IV
+ 10 Characters
+ 5 Arenas
- Existing DLC (costume packs) not included
- $39.99 Disc (RRP When Released)

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
+ 4 Characters
- Existing DLC (costume packs) not included
- $14.99 DLC (RRP When Released)

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (DLC)
+ 2 Characters
- $4.99 each

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
+ 12 Characters
- Existing DLC (2 characters) not included
- $39.99 Disc (RRP When Released)

I don't see how the price is the problem.

Last edited:

Pulling a Capcom.

Street Fighter 4
Super Street Fighter 4
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012

The last one was stated to be free, but they charge you for the others, and they only add a couple of chars and things that doesn't worth the buy, but some people buy them because they are loyal to the series, which is ok but Capcom is being a greedy company.

PS - I hate Street Fighter and its generic characters.

I did not see Bo Rai Cho in that list of character requests. You also suggested a bunch of characters that just won't work. I no longer give a f*** about your dumb petition.

Pulling a Capcom.

Street Fighter 4
Super Street Fighter 4
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012

The last one was stated to be free, but they charge you for the others, and they only add a couple of chars and things that doesn't worth the buy, but some people buy them because they are loyal to the series, which is ok but Capcom is being a greedy company.

See my post above.

SSF4 had 10 characters and 5 arenas for $40. If we forget the arenas, that about averages out with MK, since 2 character bundles (8 characters) and 2 individual characters would be $40.

SSF4:AE costs the same as MK's character bundle, and both add 4 characters.

UMVC3 has 12 characters for $40. 3 MK character bundles (12 characters) would be $45.

PS - I hate Street Fighter and its generic characters.

I don't hate Street Fighter, but MK is a much better game (in my opinion). I can't stand MVC.

My thoughts on a UMK9:

tumblr_llrbivP1Q41qf85s6.jpg

I'm with robwill80 here. Don't know why so many people on this site think that Capcom are evil or something. They actually care about the fans and hey you know what? They actually design pretty solid, fun and BUG FREE games. MK9 is fun too but come on now that thing is a bug infested trainwreck right now. It can only get better with time though.

SSF4 Arcade Edition was only 15$ and was well worth it simply because of the improved replay channel and 4 new characters. If you bought all the 4 MK9 DLC characters so far you already paid 5$ more than what Capcom charged for more quality and bug free content. Same price as the bundle but no replay channel for MK. And yet people still say that Capcom are the greedy ones..

Last edited:

I wouldnt mind an UMK9 but it HAS to have improved changes to training mode, reduced negative edge, and stuff that matters. Maybe a couple characters too. If they just stuff that full of content that doesnt actually add to the gameplay(Fatalities,Friendships,Animalities, stages etc.) then I wont be picking it up

No offense but petitions are useless, i mean look at the PC petition its got more than 10000 sigs and still no release to the PC. So before they release this version i hope they give us the PC port,as i still havent played the game

I agree petitions are gonna get UMK9 nowhere. It's best to just release MK9 GotY Edition. Also I hate Street Fighter as much as I hate Nintendo

people who have bad internet and cant get DLC over PSN Store/Xbox Marketplace

A fair answer. Now, weigh that against the people who are asking for even more content. Which one is the larger group, and which group does NRS stand to earn a greater profit from?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that a "Game of the Year Edition" Disc would be a true rip-off to the people you highlighted.

Assuming that these people bought the original MK9 (Waiting for a GotY is quite the hunch to play), they'd be paying an extra $40 for the privilege we have of using 4 new characters and 7 classic costumes (the other 8 we got for free). We only paid $20-$25 for that.

Last edited:

A fair answer. Now, weigh that against the people who are asking for even more content. Which one is the larger group, and which group does NRS stand to earn a greater profit from?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that a "Game of the Year Edition" Disc would be a true rip-off to the people you highlighted.

Assuming that these people bought the original MK9 (Waiting for a GotY is quite the hunch to play), they'd be paying an extra $40 for the privilege we have of using 4 new characters and 7 classic costumes (the other 8 we got for free). We only paid $20-$25 for that.

yeah but what if they release a GotY edition AFTER two sets of four more DLC