Story Mode Predictions - Who? Why? How?

Which characters will die in the mk x story?

• Total voters

Mr. Ice

I thought we could have a thread where everyone can make a prediction regarding MKX's Story Mode and what will unfold - in a different way than on the timeline thread. Plus it would be great to have it all in one place. After the game comes out we can look back and see who got most of the stuff right (or not). A fun little mini-game. New details about Story Mode will be revealed along the way, therefore you can make multiple predictions/posts. As of right now, I think we already have a good chunk of info to start.

I predict the following...

Deaths
1 - Kano kills Sonya.
2 - Cassie kills Kano.
3 - Kotal kills Mileena.

General
1 - Shinnok is betrayed by Quan Chi
2 - Kotal is (in a way) betrayed by D'Vorah
3 - Kotal and D'Vorah are/were a couple/married.
4 - Liu Kang is alive
5 - Liu Kang will become (unwillingly) evil
6 - Kitana is resurrected
7 - Fujin will be the new protector of Earthrealm
8 - The story will end unresolved open to speculation
9 - Most of the story takes place in Outworld (60%), Earthrealm (30%), Netherrealm (7%), Edenia (3%)

Last edited:
1. Scorpion makes partnership with Sub-Zero;
2. Quan Chi is kicked by both;
3. Raiden faces someonepleasemakethisthundergodfightsomeoneforreal (maybe Shinnok!);
4. Shinnok is betrayed by Quan Chi;
5. Liu Kang is alive and fights for god status (like MK9 non canon ending)
6. Noob Saibot is alive;
7. Kitana is ressurected evil by Quan Chi;
8. Reiko is busy pretending to be Shao Kahn in the mirror;
9. Kotal Kahn acquires The Amulet after Shinnok's defeat, that's how he manages to take Outworld easily;
10. Onaga needs The Amulet to shape the realms as he sees fit, that's why he goes kill Kahn;
11. Shujinko beats D'vorah (I don't know why, were predictions right?);
12. Ferra/Torr is connected to Kotal Kahn;
13. D'vorah is the Death Knight;
14. Onaga returns (sorry for quoting him before without saying it);
15. Kano is killed by Cassie, that one killed Sonya (like Mr. Ice predicts);
16. Scorpion finds out the truth (this must be done, seriously) and spares Sub-Zero (specially this one) from all revenge;
17. Mileena is crushed by Kotal Kahn.

1. Scorpion makes partnership with Sub-Zero;
2. Quan Chi is kicked by both;
3. Raiden faces someonepleasemakethisthundergodfightsomeoneforreal (maybe Shinnok!);
4. Shinnok is betrayed by Quan Chi;
5. Liu Kang is alive and fights for god status (like MK9 non canon ending)
6. Noob Saibot is alive;
7. Kitana is ressurected evil by Quan Chi;
8. Reiko is busy pretending to be Shao Kahn in the mirror;
9. Kotal Kahn acquires The Amulet after Shinnok's defeat, that's how he manages to take Outworld easily;
10. Onaga needs The Amulet to shape the realms as he sees fit, that's why he goes kill Kahn;
11. Shujinko beats D'vorah (I don't know why, were predictions right?);
12. Ferra/Torr is connected to Kotal Kahn;
13. D'vorah is the Death Knight;
14. Onaga returns (sorry for quoting him before without saying it);
15. Kano is killed by Cassie, that one killed Sonya (like Mr. Ice predicts);
16. Scorpion finds out the truth (this must be done, seriously) and spares Sub-Zero (specially this one) from all revenge;
17. Mileena is crushed by Kotal Kahn.

Seems like you've got a little too much going on there. lol For example, I highly doubt we're going to see Shujinko. A character like him would muck up what sounds like a unique story within the series. I also doubt we'll see Onaga. For the same reason.

Some of my predictions:

- I think the story will start off with a mini recap on what happen in MK9 for the people who forgot on what happen or who didn't play MK9. The story could begin with Sonya, Johnny Cage and Raiden putting Liu Kang in a healing chamber at the Special Forces HQ and put Liu Kang in a coma. Liu Kang will likely stay in a coma for a long time during the events of the story mode.

- Sony and Johnny Cage also finds Kano's body frozen and puts his body in a frozen ice chamber to make sure he does not get out. Raiden helps out by creating a portal to Outworld to sending Goro, Kintaro, Sheeve, Reptile and any else from Shao Kahn's army back to Outworld.

- Quan Chi and Shinnok plan to invade Earthrealm and Outworld while Mileena ends up being Queen of Outworld for a little while before Kotal Kahn shows up (In other words, she's like how Starscream was).

- Kotal Kahn rules Outworld for 10 years. Shang Tsung, Baraka, Goro and Kintaro end up having cameos in Outworld working for Kotal Kahn. Reiko works as Kotal Kahn's new general of his army, Reptile and Ferra & Torr also work for Kotal Kahn's forces.

- Raiden, Johnny Cage and Sonya look for new members of the Special Forces. They find Cyrax and reprogram him to be good. They also find Ermac, Kenshi, Bo' Rai Cho, Shujinko and a few new original characters to join The Forces of Light. Sareena could find Cyber Sub-Zero in the Netherrealm, she helps him escapes and helps him return back to his human form. Fujin also joins along as well.

- Sektor takes over the Lin Kuei and create his own cybernetic ninjas.

- Scorpion finds out the truth about the death of his clan and teams up with Sub-Zero to kill Quan Chi.

Last edited:
I actually can see Kotal taking over before Mileena gets the chance to, so at the end of MKX, Mileena would become ruler - thus allowing the most popular MK female character to continue being relevant in the series. Idk, that's just something I imagine NRS would do to keep Mileena in for longer.

[MENTION=17921]Mr. Ice[/MENTION]
I think Kano will somehow be a wanted man from both Earthrealm & Outworld. He may serve as a lackey to higher powers but he's always been about himself.
-I think killing Sonya or Johnny is a definite possibility
-I think Kano "dying" in this game is a real possibility but he is also a Survivor. he is the only character to have NEVER died.

-I think Mileena will definitely have some type of relation with Kotal. Whether it be ally or enemy.

-I have this idea that Torr is actually a hulking Tarkatan who has somehow lost his blades. (i think this would be awesome)

-Since the story takes place after MK9 and a span of 25 yrs. I think we will see the Rise & Fall of Kotal Kahns Rule, Shinooks Invasion, and possibly the return of Onaga. Also some where in there i think LK will be evil or more Anti-Hero like.

Scorpion and Sub Zero find out Quan Chi is their true enemy and will have an uneasy alliance in taking him down.

[MENTION=17921]Mr. Ice[/MENTION]
I think Kano will somehow be a wanted man from both Earthrealm & Outworld. He may serve as a lackey to higher powers but he's always been about himself.
-I think killing Sonya or Johnny is a definite possibility
-I think Kano "dying" in this game is a real possibility but he is also a Survivor. he is the only character to have NEVER died.
Didn't Kano die in mk3 when Sonya dropped him from the roof of a building only to be resurrected by Shang stung?

Didn't Kano die in mk3 when Sonya dropped him from the roof of a building only to be resurrected by Shang stung?

No he didn't he was near death. Found by Motaro and healed by magic. Then he was inprisoned by Shao Kahn, but was Promoted to General of his Armies after he stopped Sheeva from ambusing the Emperor!

I agree with [MENTION=11230]Guyver Spawn[/MENTION] about how MKX will pick up. It will be revealed that Liu Kang is alive and he will spend the first part of the story unconscious, being somehow preserved from death. Given that Shao Khan's pact with Quan Chi is still in effect, if Liu Kang were to die from injuries sustained during the invasion, he would become another thrall of Quan Chi.

Back at what remains of Special Forces headquarters, Raiden's power alone is not enough to restore Liu, just as Shang Tsung's wasn't enough to heal Kabal's damaged lungs. Raiden, Sonya and Johnny need to search for a way to either bring Liu out of his coma or nullify Khan's pact with Quan Chi (ie by ending Quan Chi). They hope to achieve the first objective before having to resort to the second.

The three warriors plan an attack on Lin Kuei headquarters, knowing that it may hold the only technology capable of restoring Liu. With much of Raiden's power being diverted to Liu's life support, he can accompany Sonya and Johnny as a projection only, unable to aid them in battle for now. Meanwhile, Johnny begins experiencing destructive and uncontrollable energy surges, just as we saw in his arcade ending.

Raiden's teleport was way off the mark this time, leaving Johhny and Sonya to infiltrate the Lin Kuei on foot. Unfortunately, they're not alone. Khan's remaining forces (Mileena, Reptile, Goro, Sheeva and Kintaro, only Ermac and Kano are missing) have converged on the assassins' stronghold, knowing its advanced technology is their only hope of returning to Outworld. The three heroes bypass the security perimeter to find the Shokans gaining ground against Sektor's cybernetic soldiers. Mileena and Reptile have beaten Cyrax into submission and turn their attention to Sonya and Johhny, finding that Raiden is untouchable.

With Johnny's power surging, it's up to Sonya to defeat them. She battles fiercely but they gain the upper hand when the Shokans join the fray. Things look grim, but Cyrax has awakened. Seeing that the threat to Lin Kuei headquarters will not relent, he self-destructs amid the chaos and the last of Khan's forces seem to meet their end.

When they reach the Lin Kuei's portal, they find it guarded by Sektor with his remaining soldiers and a warrior who appears to be Sub-Zero. The three heroes, particularly Raiden, are shocked to see their former ally again. As he advances towards them with Sektor however, he blasts Raiden with a dark cloud of what seems to be Netherrealm energy, banishing the thunder god's projection and leaving Johhny and Sonya to face their foes without his guidance. Bi Han has returned.

The two fight valiantly against Sektor and Sub-Zero, until Johnny suffers another surge and the battle seems lost. Before the Lin Kuei warriors can land their fatal blows, they are knocked aside by a flash of green light. As they regain their composure, Ermac positions himself between them and their victims. 'We sense the means to leave this realm. Deny us at your peril, Lin Kuei.'

Meanwhile in Edenia, Rain has maintained a tenuous grip on power since Khan's defeat separated his realm from Outworld. Confidently, arrogantly, he allows himself to become complacent for just a moment. One moment is all it takes for the power-hungry daughter of an Edenian aristocrat to make her move. Tanya's plans will soon come to fruition when the sorcerer's portal opens, just where he said it would. Unfortunately for Rain, the refugees and reinforcements he was expecting are not all this portal will be bringing into his realm.

why is everyone expecting mileena to be in the game?

I cant make much predictions until more characters are revealed.

My predictions are:

During the first segment, whether Mileena is in charge of Outworld or not, Kotal takes over possibly killing her.

Possibly (as a rumor has it) Kotal is tied to Shinnok somehow. Possibly, Shinnok uses him as a pawn to take control of Outworld. Either directly or indirectly, Shinnok then takes control of Outworld possibly by betraying Kotal or leaving him vulnerable in some fashion. But as an end result of his scheme, Shinnok uses Kotal as a pawn to gain Outworld's control.

What happens beyond this point, I haven't got a clue. I'm most likely far off but I'm just speculating what could happen.

9 - Most of the story takes place in Outworld (60%), Earthrealm (30%), Netherrealm (7%), Edenia (3%)

Chaosrealm and Orderrealm better be part of the game too.
I like the idea of Kang being just in coma,much better than reviving him.The fact that Kano has the three variations in the same age makes me think he will die early,so no Cassie killing him.

Last edited:
Even Boon said in Kano's trailer that he is MUCH older in X, so why would you think Kano dies early? It's pretty obvious there will be alternates (younger and older) for each character, we don't actually know them yet.

Seems like you've got a little too much going on there. lol For example, I highly doubt we're going to see Shujinko. A character like him would muck up what sounds like a unique story within the series. I also doubt we'll see Onaga. For the same reason.

The bet on Onaga is because I really want him. Others like Socrpion and Sub-Zero team up and Mileena being killed, are from the same nature.

Those about Kotal Kahn acquiring The Amulet, D'vorah being the DK, Ferra being connected to Kotal, I really put as predictions based on luck.

The only thing I'm pretty sure is about Reiko being busy pretending to be Shao Kahn on the mirror. I can put money on that, and I would win.

Onaga is too big of an important character to be ignore. Ed Boon said other what characters will be emperors of Outworld. So Onaga could be likely at this rate. Maybe he defeated Kotal Kahn and takes over.

My predictions are:

During the first segment, whether Mileena is in charge of Outworld or not, Kotal takes over possibly killing her.

Possibly (as a rumor has it) Kotal is tied to Shinnok somehow. Possibly, Shinnok uses him as a pawn to take control of Outworld. Either directly or indirectly, Shinnok then takes control of Outworld possibly by betraying Kotal or leaving him vulnerable in some fashion. But as an end result of his scheme, Shinnok uses Kotal as a pawn to gain Outworld's control.

What happens beyond this point, I haven't got a clue. I'm most likely far off but I'm just speculating what could happen.

What rumor are you referring to? I don't remember reading one about Shinnok and Kotal being connected.

What rumor are you referring to? I don't remember reading one about Shinnok and Kotal being connected.

It was a rumor I heard a while back right after the first gameplay reveals. It was in this forum but I can't remember where. It seems plausible even if its just a rumor.

Even Boon said in Kano's trailer that he is MUCH older in X, so why would you think Kano dies early? It's pretty obvious there will be alternates (younger and older) for each character, we don't actually know them yet.
You're right,i was thinking like the variations would determine the costume,which was already debunked.