The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Somehow?

TNA sucks and has far worse storylines than the WWE. They might have some messed up booking and bury wrestlers for no reason at all but they are still heaps better than that garbage known as TNA.

Oh believe me I know how worse it is. I'm just pointing out the fact that as bad as WWE is now, there's another major wrestling company that makes WWE look like top quality programming in comparison.

Er....pretty sure he was implying the Rock is a girl/sissy/wuss/etc. Unless you were being sarcastic, lol.

I don't know, he pulled out a pearl necklace while he said that and then looked to the camera and the audience with a look on his face that was like "You all know what I mean by that..."

Did you see how TNA ruined Abyss when Hogan and Bischoff first took over? He was a wicked monster of a character and then they made him such a big baby and Hogan gave him that ring (as if it were the Green Lantern's ring, all full of 'power').

I know I mentioned this already but I can't believe how stupid this one. Abyss is awesome....and then they went and made him a pathetic baby....though I think he is back to being a monster again.

Did you see how TNA ruined Abyss when Hogan and Bischoff first took over? He was a wicked monster of a character and then they made him such a big baby and Hogan gave him that ring (as if it were the Green Lantern's ring, all full of 'power').

I know I mentioned this already but I can't believe how stupid this one. Abyss is awesome....and then they went and made him a pathetic baby....though I think he is back to being a monster again.

Oh yeah, that magic ring idea was retarded. Especially when they had him slamming AJ Styles and Ric Flair through the weak part of the ring to further drive that "point" in.

I also like how when Hogan and Biscoff went to TNA, they brought in all of these wrestlers and non-wrestlers that only stayed in for 2 months. Not only was that a ton of money wasted that could have gone towards giving the wrestlers some much-needed pay raises, but that also clearly showed how crappy TNA was being managed. And don't even get me started on "The New Monday Night Wars"...

Hogan was lame and hired all of his friends, while burying TNA guys who worked their asses off to get somewhere.

Hogan is all about himself and his friends.

Hogan was lame and hired all of his friends, while burying TNA guys who worked their asses off to get somewhere.

Hogan is all about himself and his friends.

Which all goes back to how TNA is poorly managed. I mean, they paid that chick from Jersey Shore $15K for one appearance in a low-tier storyline that didn't go anywhere, while the women wrestlers get paid about $300-400 a show. That's a huge slap in the face for them.

One of the dumbest things ever was when Samoa Joe was 'kidnapped'. That was so out of nowhere and then we heard nothing for a long time...it was just a dead storyline for a while....One of the biggest stars they have and that is what they do to him? So stupid.

One of the dumbest things ever was when Samoa Joe was 'kidnapped'. That was so out of nowhere and then we heard nothing for a long time...it was just a dead storyline for a while....One of the biggest stars they have and that is what they do to him? So stupid.

Yeah, I remember that. He was kidnapped by ninjas, and then he starts acting all "dark", and he comes back with a tattoo (Which was clearly face paint since it was running while he was wrestling). Then all of a sudden, the angle's dropped. No explanation as to why he was kidnapped, no explanation as to who kidnapped him, not even an explanation for the retarded "tattoo". :laugh:

Samoa Joe needs another TNA title run. But after they change that TNA title back to the original one. That Immortal TNA title looks like they took the Divas' title and hot glued an iron mask to it.

It's a shame TNA's in such a state, the amount of talent on the roster is great. TNA tries to jump on big names and popular events to gain more attention, It works for a little while before the new acquisitions get boring and stale and then they focus on getting another name in.

I'm appalled on how they treat their talent, last weeks Impact with the whole Jarrett Wedding bullsh*t took up more time than anything else, and these guys are WELL established ( Apart from Karen, but who cares about her to begin with, not to mention what a horrible storyline it is ). We have more TALKING than actual WRESTLING with GUYS who have already had their run, I mean Sting winning the TNA Title? The man is over 50 years old! And what a nice way to kill off Jeff Hardy's fresh title run, all of a sudden a mystery opponent gets a title shot for no reason whatsoever, whilst other Wrestlers are feuding over becoming the number 1 contender? This is just TNA trying to pull off cheap surprises that don't last well in the long run and just hurts the roster even more.

TNA can pull off some amazing things and they have throughout their run at times, but it's consistency that they're lacking and the forever changing storylines, It just seems that TNA cannot make up their minds with what they want as a product, and that's pretty damn shocking for a Multi-Million dollar company.

I think a lot of Hogan's problems stem from Bischoff. Hogan was probably a legitimate good guy until Bischoff got in his ear and rode his coat tails. That's not to say he wasn't political back in the day. Anybody who gets to the top is political. But even the Hulkamania gimmic wasn't completely just a gimmick. I think plenty of that was legitimately who Terry Bolea was then.

Now his family has fallen apart and he only has some of his old cronies like the Nasty Boys, Jimmy Hart, and Nash that are still his friends. Never say never about a reconciliation with Vince though.

At the end of the day Bischoff seems to be more the cancer than Hogan.

Also, say what you will about the man today, how he buried people in WCW and allegedly is burying people in TNA (although I think Ken Anderson and Jeff Hardy while not TNA originals, are two guys Bischoff typically doesn't seem to like getting over as champion and could be proof that maybe things are different this time around), the wrestling industry wouldn't be where it is today without him.

He'll always remain the single most important wrestling icon in professional wrestling history. He put WWF on the map back in the 80s and made it the world wide powerhouse it still is today (Austin rescued it from the Monday Night Wars yes, but without Hogan there would be no Wrestlemania and no WWF to rescue). He also was the biggest driving force talent wise behind WCW putting Vince on the ropes for over a year and a half in the ratings wars.

At the end of the day, his personal problems and character aside, there's no denying he's the single greatest and most important wrestler in the history of the industry. Flair, his only contemporary in that area, even admits as such in past interviews you can find on one of the older Hogan DVD sets. He wasn't the best wrestler, or the best on the mic, but as far as the total package goes nobody's above him.

I'm not a big Cena fan (Rock's been killing him in their promo battles so far) but the "I BRING IT VIA SATELLITE" shirt was pure gold.

I think a lot of Hogan's problems stem from Bischoff. Hogan was probably a legitimate good guy until Bischoff got in his ear and rode his coat tails. That's not to say he wasn't political back in the day. Anybody who gets to the top is political. But even the Hulkamania gimmic wasn't completely just a gimmick. I think plenty of that was legitimately who Terry Bolea was then.

Now his family has fallen apart and he only has some of his old cronies like the Nasty Boys, Jimmy Hart, and Nash that are still his friends. Never say never about a reconciliation with Vince though.

At the end of the day Bischoff seems to be more the cancer than Hogan.

Also, say what you will about the man today, how he buried people in WCW and allegedly is burying people in TNA (although I think Ken Anderson and Jeff Hardy while not TNA originals, are two guys Bischoff typically doesn't seem to like getting over as champion and could be proof that maybe things are different this time around), the wrestling industry wouldn't be where it is today without him.

He'll always remain the single most important wrestling icon in professional wrestling history. He put WWF on the map back in the 80s and made it the world wide powerhouse it still is today (Austin rescued it from the Monday Night Wars yes, but without Hogan there would be no Wrestlemania and no WWF to rescue). He also was the biggest driving force talent wise behind WCW putting Vince on the ropes for over a year and a half in the ratings wars.

At the end of the day, his personal problems and character aside, there's no denying he's the single greatest and most important wrestler in the history of the industry. Flair, his only contemporary in that area, even admits as such in past interviews you can find on one of the older Hogan DVD sets. He wasn't the best wrestler, or the best on the mic, but as far as the total package goes nobody's above him.

I'm guessing you're a Hogan fan. :laugh:

While all that is true, you also have to remember that he uses his past glory in order to screw people over. It's not that we aren't grateful for all of the things he did, it's that he manipulates people and things with all of the stuff that he's done for the wrestling business and uses it to his advantage. It's one of the main reasons why WCW is no more.

I'm not a big Cena fan (Rock's been killing him in their promo battles so far) but the "I BRING IT VIA SATELLITE" shirt was pure gold.

Oh God yes. I gotta get that shirt A.S.A.P.

I'm guessing you're a Hogan fan. :laugh:

While all that is true, you also have to remember that he uses his past glory in order to screw people over. It's not that we aren't grateful for all of the things he did, it's that he manipulates people and things with all of the stuff that he's done for the wrestling business and uses it to his advantage. It's one of the main reasons why WCW is no more.

Again, I don't really think its as much Hogan as it is Bischoff. He seems to be the root of the poison so to speak.

As for your second statement, I don't really buy that either. There were a lot of little reasons to WCW's demise and I don't think you can put a single large chunk of it on Hulk's shoulders.

Russo, Kevin Sullivan, Flair, and Nash were all at one point in time or another involved in booking for WCW and each sort of had their own slice of the blame pie so to speak. You just can't put most of the blame squarely on Hogan as the evidence doesn't support it. Having watched WCW slowly bury itself I'll say Hogan's diagnosis on one of the older DVDs I have (either an nWo one or 'Hulk Still Rules') that, WCW didn't fail due to one colossally bad decision, but rather due to a lot of smaller bad decisions. Also at the end of the day, there wouldn't have been a WCW to bury if not for Hogan. Flair, Sting, and Luger were all great headliners with great matches and supported by great second tier guys like Vader and Sid Vicious....but the company never reached the heights it did until Turner opened up the check book and got the biggest name out there back in 94. I contend that WCW actually would have been buried MUCH sooner if Hogan hadn't jumped ship. The ratings don't lie.

And to answer your question I am a Hogan fan. He's meant more to the industry so many people enjoy today than any other figure other than Vince McMahon. Those same people are so quick to forget how much joy he brought to so many kids my age growing up in the 80s and their parents. You can choose to focus on who he is today and where his life is at, or you can wish him well but focus on all of his great matches you grew up on and cherish that version of Hogan. I choose the latter and in doing so recognize that no matter what current transgressions he's facing, he'll always be the greatest legend ever.

The Time Warner merger was the ultimate decider with WCW's demise, WCW was still getting decent ratings ( comparable to Raw's current ratings ) even though they were getting their asses kicked by the WWF. Time Warner simply had no interest in wrestling, without Ted Turner having control over the product any more the funding was cut and the TV contracts for Nitro and Thunder were cancelled along the way.

On the subject of Hogan manipulating ( Go to the end of the match ),
If he honestly only cared about himself, he would have ridden his newly crowned Championship, instead of shooting on Russo and WCW.

Although It's safe to say Hogan does have a pretty huge ego, but when you've accomplished the amount of things he has done for himself and the industry ( I mean c'mon, the man single-handedly took Pro-Wresting out of the regional areas of the US and onto an International stage with his Talent ) I'd say the ego is justified. Sure you could say that Vince McMahon could have used anyone instead of Hogan, but I doubt they would've been as successful, Hogan's charisma is what was needed during those days instead of the old, dull wrestlers from the NWA ( Apart from Ric Flair, who is indeed the man ).

Oh great, now it looks like I'm blaming Hogan for everything...

Don't worry, I'm not doing that. I know that there were other factors that were the reason why WCW is no more, I'm just saying that he was undoubtedly one of the main factors, kind of like the start of the domino effect for its downfall. I mean, Hogan's power backstage lead to having his friends get power backstage, which lead to all kinds of crazy shit. Luckily, that seems to not be happening that much in TNA now (Cause it did when he first showed up, he was the reason why Awesome Kong left TNA because Bubba the Love Sponge made racial slurs towards her and Hogan laughed it off, which made her quit).

I think the T-Shirt was a blessing, The Rock will probably now appear next week on Raw. Hopefully they get in each others faces.

Oh great, now it looks like I'm blaming Hogan for everything...

Don't worry, I'm not doing that. I know that there were other factors that were the reason why WCW is no more, I'm just saying that he was undoubtedly one of the main factors, kind of like the start of the domino effect for its downfall. I mean, Hogan's power backstage lead to having his friends get power backstage, which lead to all kinds of crazy shit. Luckily, that seems to not be happening that much in TNA now (Cause it did when he first showed up, he was the reason why Awesome Kong left TNA because Bubba the Love Sponge made racial slurs towards her and Hogan laughed it off, which made her quit).

Yeah Hogan's star power overshadows alot of peoples judgements within TNA, even if they are for the right reasons. I HATED Bubba The Love Sponge coming into TNA, he doesn't represent Pro-Wrestling as it should be presented and was really only in it for the money. I think after the Kong/Bubba scenario TNA really did wake up to themselves along with Hogan aswell, Awesome Kong was one of their best ever Knockouts and was really marketable since she was a unique character, It was a huge loss to their Knockout division.

I felt that to TNA somewhere along the lines Hogan was a bit intimidating for them, they kissed his ass because of what he accomplished, but I can see very bright things if TNA and Hogan work together well, I'm enjoying the Takeover Storyline they've got going on and It's kinda neat seeing an actual Wrestler run the whole company now as they're more easier to relate too compared to the likes of Dixie Carter.

Still though, TNA really needs to stick to consistent storylines, clean finish matches ( When I think of Impact in 2010 all I can really remember were the CONSTANT run-ins during matches, it's such a buzzkill ), giving the lower card wrestlers more time to progress their characters and proper Title matches ( No more random Title matches to Wrestlers who didn't work for it, or even doing Title Matches on TV, why does TNA have to give away PPV class matches on Impact? It makes no sense ).