What do you do when you can't sleep?

Empress

I have problems that prevents me from being able to sleep. Sometimes I go 2 to 3 days with no sleep. I've been having this problem lately to where I can't sleep and when I finally do it never feels like it's enough. So what do you do when you can't sleep? Any advice to give to people?

I smoke some grass. I play video games. Eat some food. And then crash.

I have trouble sleeping too, but this helps me go to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour.

I like jazz. It usually helps me sleep. I don't find it boring, it's just really laid back music for me. I don't listen to it loud, obviously, lol, I just have it low.

If you are plagued by chronic insomnia, I would either introspectively search my soul to find what perturbs me or simply see a medical doctor and have him diagnose me.

If I really need to go to sleep, like I have to wake up early and need to sleep right then, I open my eyes really wide and roll them over and over.

After about 30 seconds my eyelids are tired as hell and I can't help but drop them.
Its weird, but it works.

1) It's preferable that you have regular sleeping cycle, meaning you sleep at the same time of the day. That way your body adjusts to "sleep mode" faster.
2) Abstain from stimulants such as caffeine or nicotine.
3) Despite what others say, I cannot agree when it comes to video games. As video games are exciting and addictive, I end up staying late at night. I can say the same with watching TV or books (or any other stimulating activity), unless you happen to find those activities boring.
4) If you are hungry, a light meal is okay. Overrating may stress your digestive tract and disturb your sleep.
5) Alcohol can make you drowsy and put you to sleep, but it's not quality sleep...and can develop dependence.
6) Take a warm bath/shower.
7) Learn relaxation techniques: the goal is to relieve physical tension and distracting thoughts that are stressing you out, which may be cause of lack of sleep.

Last edited:
The internet also keeps a person awake. You may actually be tired but being on the net before bed makes it harder for you to sleep (because you 'force' yourself to stay up and surf the net).

A hot shower usually helps me as well. I get all comfy and pass out.

The internet also keeps a person awake. You may actually be tired but being on the net before bed makes it harder for you to sleep (because you 'force' yourself to stay up and surf the net).

A hot shower usually helps me as well. I get all comfy and pass out.

I concur. I forget how much time has passed when I'm on the net...and then I crash when my body has enough.

I use the guest room, because it was made specifically for sleep. I had tried everything I heard about like exercise and reading books and trust me sistah's, sleeping in a different room works

I watch Disney X.D. because they rerun the good ole 90s Marvel cartoons.I'll watch them till I fall asleep.