What Kind of Player Are You?

ENIGMA86

idk if there's another thread on this already..sorry if there's already one out there..i just want to know what kind of player are you?

i went online and i encountered many different MK players...for example

Defensive player: This player always block or backing away. He's creating spaces and the moment you jump to close the gap, he attack!!! I encounter a defensive player who used Scorpion...After some exchanges, he managed to put me on defensive mode...As i continued to block, he use Hell Fire to force me to attack him..when i jump to close the gap again, he threw the Spear and caught me in midair..He did the same tactics using Cyrax and Sub-Zero...amazing player...

Attacker Player: I encountered a player that constantly attacking..the bad thing is this player have no defense...He's constantly moving forward and when he managed to put me in defensive mode, he grab and throw me around.

Combo Player: I encounter this player who used Reptile and Ninja Subby...He pulled a 40% damaged combo on me using Reptile...Everything he did connects...Everything about this guy is just combo combo combo...

Tricks Player: I encounter this guy who used Cyrax...out of all the player i've face, this dude is probably the best...The timing with his ground bomb and the net and everything about Cyrax is just amazing..he doesn't throw crazy combo but he's just know how to use tricks such as planting a bomb behind me and then combo me into that bomb..or he plant a bomb between me and him and teleport behind me and pushing me towards the bomb..AMAZING player!!!

Annoying Player: The kind of player that seems to play around with very very basic MK2 moves...I encounter a player who just sit and block and when you get close, he constantly kicking your legs...I try to throw combo at him but he mess up my combo pattern with the constant leg kick..Scorpion and Smoke's teleport attack doesn't hit an opponent when he's sitting and kicking at the legs...this player is just annoying...

Pattern Player: I see this a lot when opponent picking characters such as Smoke, Scorpion, and Sektor..When they're in long distance, they are more likely to teleport...and they paid heavily for it once you know their pattern..

I know it sounded like i got beat really bad but my record is still a 14-0 in 1V1 and 1-0 in Tag...This is why i like online play..I learned a lot from those players..They're amazing!!! I'm more of a Tricks+Pattern+Annoying type of player..i suck at combo lol...

What kind of player are you?

i think of myself as an annoying player :p good thread btw seriously though i consider myself an attacking player who is also a tricks player but tbh pretty much anyone can beat me so im not very good but thats what im trying to become anyways

Annoying Player: The kind of player that seems to play around with very very basic MK2 moves...I encounter a player who just sit and block and when you get close, he constantly kicking your legs...I try to throw combo at him but he mess up my combo pattern with the constant leg kick..Scorpion and Smoke's teleport attack doesn't hit an opponent when he's sitting and kicking at the legs...this player is just annoying...
I've been playing with many players who just sit there and wait, hate them. Fortunately Ermac and Nightwolf have great tools against those bastards.

I am definately a combo player.
With Ermac I like to constantly give combos over 30% and with x-ray over 50% and with Nightwolf the same. I feel sorry for subby players against my Nightwolf, his protector move is God-like against Sub-Zero. I also feel sorry for Baraka players, he needs to be improved in the next patch.

I'd same I'm pretty balanced, but I, unfortunately, tend to fall into patterns. I haven't had a chance to play online yet and the the AI don't tend to punish mistakes. Hopefully when I get online, someone will beat some sense into me.

I would think of myself as a defensive/combo but i really cant judge myself others have too

I'd say that I'm a mix of a defensive player and a combo player. By the way, I see that you are new here, welcome to TRMK!

Im a mix of Combo player and Tricks Player depending on the character I use. Purely offensive but i deffend when i need to ofcoutse.

im more of a offensive/tricks reader. im offensively minded but i throw things out just to see what they do. i often tend to take damage in the beginning just to see how my opponent works. the only time this is REALLY dangerous is vs the combo player that does 40-50% damage in one string. deadliest i know if is a combo/tricks style player because they seldomly get stumped if you stop there combos.

i am definitely an attacker player. i have to try to balance that out a little with some more defense. i dont quite use a throw everytime my opponent is blocking though like the guy you were facing lol.

Last edited:
i think of myself as an annoying player :p good thread btw seriously though i consider myself an attacking player who is also a tricks player but tbh pretty much anyone can beat me so im not very good but thats what im trying to become anyways

It's ok..i think we all try to become better player by playing against different opponent win or lose...I haven't really focus on any Mortal Kombat game since Trilogy..so i still consider myself a beginner...

I'm adaptive; depending on what you do and what I do, anything can happen. I'm like AMES.
Also depends on the character I'm using as well.

I don't really know where I fit in. I do know I'm not a defensive minded player though...I need to learn how to block low haha.

I'm adaptive; depending on what you do and what I do, anything can happen. I'm like AMES.
Also depends on the character I'm using as well.

yah i've been playing that way sense i was a little kid i would lose the first round just to see your fighting style. i did that to dcp and jade. ( mind you they beat me to) but thats how i play or i can switch on they fly to my fight style witch is defensive-attacker. but dont think i just lose i put up a fight.

"is that cheap"???????

Last edited:
It's ok..i think we all try to become better player by playing against different opponent win or lose...I haven't really focus on any Mortal Kombat game since Trilogy..so i still consider myself a beginner...
thank you, as someone else said welcome to TRMK, i have only played mortal kombat 9 for 3 hours so far i have not really got a play style, but im aiming to become an attacking player who can trick others, i'll try to be adaptive also but for the moment i am focused on the basics of attacking

Very depending on char I'm playing, and who I'm up against!

But its mostly Defensive(Punish) and Combo playing ..(and Tricks/Pressure)

edit: welcome ;)