The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Absolutely not. The Rock may appear one more time before WrestleMania on RAW, but it won't be tomorrow night. The big problem for WWE is its steadily declining ratings, and to not advertise The Rock for an upcoming televised show is downright stupid on their part. Money was thrown at The Rock to get him to come back to spark their WrestleMania buyrates, and as convincing as his welcome back speech sounded, he's in it for the money and to promote F&F 5.

Its starting to look that way, doesnt it... Fail :(. I really wanted to see some face to face action.

80's wrestling is better than everything.

If you're into the over the top Gimmicks, but I find that the 90's was the best ever decade in Professional Wrestling, never had Professional Wrestling been on such a high and the emergence of Lucha Libre, Technical and High Flying wrestling brought alot of excitement into the ring. The Monday Night War's was amazing to watch, and never had I seen such an amount of great talent emerge from the 90's.

On the Subject of The Rock, yeah I'm worried that he's just suckered people in with his return promo to then ditch us after Wrestlemania when Fast Five comes out to shoot more films. But I marked out when The Rock layed into John Cena, FINALLY ( No pun intended ) someone spoke a lot of Wrestling fans minds about John Cena, to make it better It was someone who was in Cena's spot when the WWE was at it's peak. It will be neat to see what happens at Wrestlemania, although I doubt he'd be coming back to the WWE full time as his Movie Career is getting better and better, but oh well time will tell.

For the meantime Rocky just posted this recently: http://www.whosay.com/DwayneJohnson/photos/14018

HAHA.

If you're into the over the top Gimmicks, but I find that the 90's was the best ever decade in Professional Wrestling, never had Professional Wrestling been on such a high and the emergence of Lucha Libre, Technical and High Flying wrestling brought alot of excitement into the ring. The Monday Night War's was amazing to watch, and never had I seen such an amount of great talent emerge from the 90's.

On the Subject of The Rock, yeah I'm worried that he's just suckered people in with his return promo to then ditch us after Wrestlemania when Fast Five comes out to shoot more films. But I marked out when The Rock layed into John Cena, FINALLY ( No pun intended ) someone spoke a lot of Wrestling fans minds about John Cena, to make it better It was someone who was in Cena's spot when the WWE was at it's peak. It will be neat to see what happens at Wrestlemania, although I doubt he'd be coming back to the WWE full time as his Movie Career is getting better and better, but oh well time will tell.

For the meantime Rocky just posted this recently: http://www.whosay.com/DwayneJohnson/photos/14018

HAHA.

Gonna have to disagree with you there.....the 90's only got huge during the attitude era. The 80's made wrestling huge in general and with MTV being fairly new at the time, the Rock N' Wrestling connection made it explode. The Attitude Era started in 1998. The 90's were practically over.

80's gimmicks are better than everything. There were so many different characters and now you get the same sh!t over and over again. Also, the difference between now and then is that people really did believe wrestling was real and the stories were real (though some of the stories did take from reality). Ever since wrestling was outed as fake, it doesn't have the same effect it once did. Obviously it was fake the entire time but people didn't think that and people really connected to the storyline. When Macho Man and Elizabeth got married, people CRIED because they felt emotionally connected to them and their story. Now, who is really going to care if anyone ever gets married knowing wrestling is fake? No one.

Attitude era > any other wrestling era

I'm sorry you just can't beat: The rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, HHH, Shawn Michaels, maked Kane, Kurt Angle, Generation X, etc...

plus the WCW was entertaining then as well

I'm sorry you just can't beat: The rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, HHH, Shawn Michaels, maked Kane, Kurt Angle, Generation X, etc...

+Rep for this.

80's Wrestling may have been more ICONIC, due to Legends like Andre The Giant, Hulk, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man Randy Savage and the Million Dollar Man.

For me though, the Attitude Era was more entertaining (and I was an 80's kid).

Everyone you listed (except HBK) would be nothing without 80's wrestling. Even Orton is stealing from that time, trying to be the new Jake Roberts with his mind messing. Sorry but, as much as I like Orton, Jake Roberts >>>>> Orton, and all these talkers (like the Rock) are just ripping off Piper. Piper was doing EXACTLY what the Rock is doing right now. Go watch Piper in every wrestling company he has been in. He's the best talker wrestling has ever had. You think the Rock is the only guy who made fun of people like that? Nope.

The only reason people find the attitude era so great is because it included beer, swearing and beating up your boss. It was a grittier era. Great for something fresh but the 'hardcore' nature of it was just ripped off from early ECW.

The 80's had way more characters and better storylines. Not saying the 90's and current wrestling don't have some good storylines but, let's face it, the WWE has had more pathetic storylines in the past 5-10 years than they ever had and look what they are doing now....bringing back a whole bunch of guys to boost it even more. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the Rock being back and Austin on next week's Raw but maybe they should focus on making more good storylines instead of trying to mask the fact that the New Nexus and Rock/Cena storylines are the only ones that aren't all that bad.

Most of this is just hype for WM. Once WM is over, let's see how often we even see the Rock. He couldn't even show up in Buffalo last night.

Last edited:
Everyone you listed (except HBK) would be nothing without 80's wrestling. Even Orton is stealing from that time, trying to be the new Jake Roberts with his mind messing. Sorry but, as much as I like Orton, Jake Roberts >>>>> Orton, and all these talkers (like the Rock) are just ripping off Piper. Piper was doing EXACTLY what the Rock is doing right now. Go watch Piper in every wrestling company he has been in. He's the best talker wrestling has ever had. You think the Rock is the only guy who made fun of people like that? Nope.

The only reason people find the attitude era so great is because it included beer, swearing and beating up your boss. It was a grittier era. Great for something fresh but the 'hardcore' nature of it was just ripped off from early ECW.

The 80's had way more characters and better storylines. Not saying the 90's and current wrestling don't have some good storylines but, let's face it, the WWE has had more pathetic storylines in the past 5-10 years than they ever had and look what they are doing now....bringing back a whole bunch of guys to boost it even more. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the Rock being back and Austin on next week's Raw but maybe they should focus on making more good storylines instead of trying to mask the fact that the New Nexus and Rock/Cena storylines are the only one that isn't all that bad.

Most of this is just hype for WM. Once WM is over, let's see how often we even see the Rock. He couldn't even show up in Buffalo last night.

I agree totally, althoutgh I am soaking up the Rock while we have him. And currently watching his recorded promo from last night its not as good as Cena's response and they do need some face to face time.

I call bullsh!t on that even being the Rock's house.

Yeah, it looked like set at Titan Towers to record promos such as this. I really want to believe that Rock will stay around, but with Fast Five coming out, I'm thinking more and more it's just to promote that.

I swear the Rock did that battle of the billionaires promo at the same location...

and his smackdown anniversary promo...

Yeah, I remember those, but does the WWE even give people the belts to keep? I don't think so, which is why I don't really think it's his house....the belts get passed around, I don't know why he would have championship belts in his house.

The only thing I could think of is if they had upgraded the belts and given the last person with the old school belt the option to keep it but that seems like huge disrespect to all the other wrestlers who held the belts.

Also, in the 10th anniversary one, seems kinda weird he is sitting on the chair and there is just darkness to his left, like that is where the background of the stage ends, lol.

Yeah, I remember those, but does the WWE even give people the belts to keep? I don't think so, which is why I don't really think it's his house....the belts get passed around, I don't know why he would have championship belts in his house.

The only thing I could think of is if they had upgraded the belts and given the last person with the old school belt the option to keep it but that seems like huge disrespect to all the other wrestlers who held the belts.

Also, in the 10th anniversary one, seems kinda weird he is sitting on the chair and there is just darkness to his left, like that is where the background of the stage ends, lol.

i think they get a fake belt made for them. im sure they dont keep the originals.

Maybe they gave him the replica belts that are worth at least 300 dollars with his nameplate on them to show that hes won those specific titles. And yeah, the 10th Anniversary one was weird, thats probably not his house, but a stage somewhere. The Raw promo had the exact same linear trophy case as the one we saw last night. Who knows? lol.

I can see replica belts being an option.

His promo last night was good but it is obvious that he was addressing fans in wrestling forums....not sure if anyone posts in any but a lot of people have been knocking The Rock since he left wrestling and saying he doesn't care about the company so it was kinda funny to see him address that.

i think they get a fake belt made so like they have one that looks like it. im sure they dont keep the originals.

They do get a belt to keep but I wouldn't call it a fake belt. It isn't like one that you can buy on the internet or something. There are the main belts that get passed around. It use to be easy to tell because the old Worlds Heavyweight Belt was bent at the top. Not sure has that one now but they do get one to keep. A friend of mine's family is friends with Hogan's family and he still had his. I use to get autographed pics all the time. Even got Horace Hogan's but never got to meet him but my friends family use to go visit them all the time. His grandmother and Hulk's mom where friends. Hulk's mom signs a lot of the autographs that get mailed or at least she use to.

As much as I hate the thought of it.
The Rock not showing up is giving me doubts about long-stay plans.

I hope that I'm wrong, and The Rock keeps his word about not leaving WWE.
For now though, it seems questionable.