Jason and Freddy Rumor Discussion

Re: Rumor: Freddy and Jason to Engage in Mortal Kombat

I think they would be fun. Two badass villians. They would be awesome as DLC. AS long as they aren't incorporated into the storyline, why not have some fun characters to play with?

I'd buy it. Hell, throw Michael Myers in there too. No joke! :) I'd love to see this, who cares if anyone disagrees.

You guys are nuts. The MK team could make Freddy and Jason totally bad-ass. They fit in with the MK universe fine!

I mean, it's not like they are canon or part of the storyline. They would be totally optional. If you don't want 'em, don't buy 'em. If you don't want to fight them online, just make No Jason or Freddy room and fight there!

As for them being gimmicky? Yeah, so what? I love MK, but the entire game is gimmicky! Fatalities are what made MK famous, and it's just one giant gimmick. As long as the fighting stays pure and they don't do a bunch of cheesy crap like animalities, I think adding a couple of famous characters wouldn't harm the game at all. I can think of a ton of characters that would be fun to play with in the MK universe. Of course, to me, it's all about the gameplay and feel of the game. I don't care so much about who all is in it. I mean, I kind of think it's silly for a fighting game to even have a story anyway.

I'll tell ya one Warner Bothers DLC pack, I would buy. Coyote vs The Road Runner or Bugs vs Elmer Fudd.

Imagine the fatalities lol.

Man this would be sweet seeing how im a huge horror fan

Looks at kratos, barely anyone uses him. People are taking the piss out of MK :_mad:

Ummm.....MK has been out only 1 week and for that entire time, the PSN network has been down....so how do you know if people barely use him? LOL.....sounds like you're just talking out your a55.

Ummm.....MK has been out only 1 week and for that entire time, the PSN network has been down....so how do you know if people barely use him? LOL.....sounds like you're just talking out your a55.

He is talking out of his ass, I play and enjoy kratos.

He is talking out of his ass, I play and enjoy kratos.

gald you agree. a lot of kiddo's talk out their a55 around here. i love Kratos too.

Raiden/Kratos/Baraka/Reptile....best 4 in the game

Oddly enough... I want them to add Neo. I don't care if I get neg-repped for this. That'd be badass. <3Keanu

Edit: I said Neo because it's WB owned as well.

lol at these "MK Purists"

Dont like it? Dont download them, dont play as them. Simple as that

Except that I still have to see people online play with these characters...

Oh wait, no I don't because online play does not work. How about fixing that before adding WB characters.

Freddy and Jason as DLC sounds like a fun DLC idea.
No harm in it....we already had Superman and the gang in MK...If you dont like it dont download it.
Also whats the big deal playing against Freddy and Jason online?
As long as their not incorporated in the story and isnt broken their just extra characters.

Last edited:

Except that I still have to see people online play with these characters...

Oh wait, no I don't because online play does not work. How about fixing that before adding WB characters.

LOL WB has nothing todo with PSN being down, you're confused =S

On the topic of the thread though I'll just say what people have already said - Don't panic! 'OMAGAWD!! CROSSoVrs!!1one11eleven!' They will be DLC! You know what that stands for? If you don't want these potential characters in your game, you have the choice of not buying them. I'm all for expanding the roster especially with some of my favorite Horror movie villain's as long as they have nothing to do with the storyline - just like Kratos =)

Oddly enough... I want them to add Neo. I don't care if I get neg-repped for this. That'd be badass. <3Keanu

Edit: I said Neo because it's WB owned as well.

OMG, Neo would be PERFECT.

The XRAYS are ALREADY like something out of the Matrix. COULD. YOU. IMAGINE.

Hell, I'll go one step further and say, Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, AND Agent Smith haha

LOL WB has nothing todo with PSN being down, you're confused =S

On the topic of the thread though I'll just say what people have already said - Don't panic! 'OMAGAWD!! CROSSoVrs!!1one11eleven!' They will be DLC! You know what that stands for? If you don't want these potential characters in your game, you have the choice of not buying them. I'm all for expanding the roster especially with some of my favorite Horror movie villain's as long as they have nothing to do with the storyline - just like Kratos =)

No I think he's referring to NRS netcode being suspect since launch. Not PSN being down.