Shinnok

Movelists for Shinnok in MK10:

Judgment Fist
*Genocidal Fists-He launches 3 skeletal fists at the opponent. 1st one straight forward, the 2nd one from the floor to pop the opponent up in the air and the 3rd one in the air, hitting them to the ground hard.
Summoned Fiend (Unblockable)
*Demonic Summoning (Unblockable)-Summons a skeletal demon hand, grabs the opponent and takes them with it into the portal. Then they lose health from unknown circumstances in the portal, before it opens again and the opponent gets slammed on the ground afterwards by the hand.
Portal Charge
*Tricky Portals-Summons a portal behind him before he enters it. Then he attacks the opponent from behind and knocks them away into the portal before he closes it. Then he summons it again from above and the opponent comes out of it, upside down and landing hard on their heads.
Portal Reversal (NEW)-He summons a portal in front of him and the projectile gets sucked in it before he summons another one and that same projectile hits the opponent after leaving the 2nd portal.
Skeletal Wave (NEW)-He launches a wave of bones at the opponent. Hits low.
*Skeletal Geyser (NEW)(Unblockable)-He now launches a pile of bones from below at the opponent, that sends them juggling in the air.

What did ya think about the moves I thought of?

I love them.

Shinnok definitely needs more skeleton based moves.

Thats what made him popular in the first place.
His hand from hell fatalities.

Well if Shinnok gets the skeleton hands.

Then I think Quan Chi needs to stick with the skulls.

Except they need to be large skulls, not these weak ass skulls in this game.

You talking about skulls, size of the garbage can. SO what's going to happen now? Shinnok should be unplayable final boss while Quan Chi is the sub-boss in MK10.

Shinnok is one "hell" of a badass. :p

I like his costume design. A very Netherrealm-styled costume. The dead-grey skin and skeleton powers make Shinnok a relativley scary, but admirable kombatant.

I think his deception with Taven was pretty clever, and I honetly thought he was respectable at that point, but I was reminded that he is the embodiment of evil. Shinnok deserves a major role in future games.

Shinnok is one "hell" of a badass. :p

I like his costume design. A very Netherrealm-styled costume. The dead-grey skin and skeleton powers make Shinnok a relativley scary, but admirable kombatant.

I think his deception with Taven was pretty clever, and I honetly thought he was respectable at that point, but I was reminded that he is the embodiment of evil. Shinnok deserves a major role in future games.

Don't worry. If NRS plays him right, he'll be very cunning and dangerous as he was able to fool Shao Kahn into thinking that the Elder Gods won't punish him if he claimed Earthrealm through any other means besides winning 10 consecutive MK tournaments.

Great villain, I found rather easy in MK4 but he was still a great villain. I can't wait to see what NRS will do to him in MK10 (If they make it in the next two or three years from now).

I've said it several times before one here that as a character I like Shinnok but his design and the fact that he was so easy to beat in MK4 makes it hard for me to completely except him as a badass. I really hope in MK10 the do a bit of a redesign on him. I still want him to be noticeably Shinnok but perhaps get rid of the bright teal robes he has and replace it with dark blue or black and darken the reds on him to be more blood red. As for gameplay they need to make him cheap as hell like Kahn if he is gonna be the primary villain. Also Shinnok mimics his opponents fighting style but I was thinking that instead of mimicking them he can call upon (tag in) a clone of his opponent or another random fighter (Quan Chi for example) similar to a tag team and have you fight the clone or other opponent in his place while he sits back and regenerates his health until you defeat the other fighter. I was also thinking that perhaps the stage you fight him in (the Netherrealm) you could have a bunch of demons in the back ground shooting fireballs at you similar to the Challenge Tower level where the Lin Kuei were shooting iceball at you.

Hmmmm, why does Shinnok weight so much?
Compared to some others:

Shinnok:
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 285 lbs

Raiden:
Height: 7'
Weight: 230 lbs.

Quan Chi:
Height: 6'7
Weight: 175

Kenshi:
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 185 lbs.

Sub-zero:
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 210 lbs.

This doesnt make much sence does it?
It's not like he's all extremly muscly or fat. :hmmmm:

^ Lol nice observation, but then again we never did see him without his robes or Mk4 costume which covers his whole body. Still I too agree that for his height and appearance, it is quite alot. I personally want him to be much taller, atleast 6'9 to be exact (assuming NRS will scale characters to their heights in the next game).

But then again, Im not sure how true these stats are to the characters cause it lists Shujinko's height as 6"7 :laugh:

^ Lol nice observation, but then again we never did see him without his robes or Mk4 costume which covers his whole body. Still I too agree that for his height and appearance, it is quite alot. I personally want him to be much taller, atleast 6'9 to be exact (assuming NRS will scale characters to their heights in the next game).

But then again, Im not sure how true these stats are to the characters cause it lists Shujinko's height as 6"7 :laugh:

Yea, I guess we never did but I've always assumed he was less muscly than most characters for some reason so I was all like ''wtf'' and I still am tbh, lol.

These stats seem weird, indeed.

6'9, heh? I wonder why, lol.

Last edited:
Yea, I guess we never did but I've always assumed he was less muscly than most characters for some reason so I was all like ''wtf'' and I still am tbh, lol.

These stats seem weird, indeed.

6'9, heh? I wonder why, lol.
Lol 6"9 mainly because, most of the Gods, rulers etc are close to 7 feet. Raiden is about 7, Shao Kahn 7"5 etc. Shinnok basing his powers on sorcery than brute strength could be slightly shorter than the rest. Fujin could be about 6"5, being based on the wind element due to which he could be niftier compared to the rest. Lol I sure do sound like some sort of Mortal Kombat Nerd :laugh:

Lol 6"9 mainly because, most of the Gods, rulers etc are close to 7 feet. Raiden is about 7, Shao Kahn 7"5 etc. Shinnok basing his powers on sorcery than brute strength could be slightly shorter than the rest. Fujin could be about 6"5, being based on the wind element due to which he could be niftier compared to the rest. Lol I sure do sound like some sort of Mortal Kombat Nerd :laugh:

So their height gotta be all like matching? xD I ain't too picky on this, personally. Someone like Shao Kahn could be like 5'10 for all I care. We little short ppl can kick some ass too! lol
6''1 is actually giant to me hehehe.

I bet you are ;) lol

So their height gotta be all like matching? xD I ain't too picky on this, personally. Someone like Shao Kahn could be like 5'10 for all I care. We little short ppl can kick some ass too! lol
6''1 is actually giant to me hehehe.

I bet you are ;) lol
I hear you on that mate, I too am shorter than average and now that I think about it, their heights really don't matter or needs to be matching as long as they do not contravene their overall character. But yea, we all can dream about how perfect we want our MK characters can't we? :p

I hear you on that mate, I too am shorter than average and now that I think about it, their heights really don't matter or needs to be matching as long as they do not contravene their overall character. But yea, we all can dream about how perfect we want our MK characters can't we? :p

Ho sure we can, I keep dreaming on how sexy they should be :laugh:

I don't like Shinnok in his current form, but with a revamp he could be irresistible. Here are some ideas that I think can make Shinnok the most badass MK villain in history:

Make him seemingly omniscient and cunning as the lord of all evil, and do away with his bright red clothes in favor of a darker attire like in Mythologies. Also, make him single-minded in a sense as he initially only seeks out his Amulet/revenge on the Heavens and once both are acquired, and then when those two are accomplished have him focus on his desires to rule all of the Earthrealm.

To reflect the change in Shinnok's power during the story, Shinnok's old, decrepit skin and raspy voice could both turn young again after he acquires his Amulet and is at full power and also he would have a more arrogant attitude instead of being vengeful and sneaky as a result of this.

His ability to transform into an immense demonic creature would be his ultimate form and his last resort, and there could be another form of his that would be scarier looking and it would be more of a ghostly rendition of him (think Giygas from Earthbound).

Simply making him a cheap mofo like Shao Kahn isn't gonna work. Instead of jacking Kahn's swagga, he needs to be badass in his own way.

Definitely make him more of a threat this time and not a joke like in MK4. They could kick off MK10 with a bang with a scene showing him brutally slaughtering many if not all of the Elder Gods. They also could explore the aspects of him demanding no less than unwavering loyalty from his followers and being the Ruler of the Netherrealm more in-depth. How about a scene where Shinnok and his most loyal servants (Quan Chi, Noob Saibot, etc) stand over a fiery cliff while legions of demons and Oni worship him? And a scene where he kills one of his Oni minions without hesitation when they doubt his decisions?

By making the war against Shinnok more of a struggle that seems futile (they could even stretch the struggle to two games if they want), it would help represent the increase in scope and ambition for MK10.

As some have suggested in this thread, he should play on his skeleton/portal powers a lot more in-game. Being the unplayable final boss is also a great idea, and the background music would sound more epic and assist in helping the player feeling they're about to fight a powerful, fallen Elder God.

Yes... yes I'm feelin' Shinnok now. What do y'all think of all of this?

Last edited:
Really awesome ideas Bruce! I too would love for Shinnok to have a more intimidating factor to him rather than being sneaky like. His unison with his amulet would be the best route to go by for this change. Love the transformation ideas as well, reminds me alot of Frieza :p.

I really hope MK10 focuses only on Shinnok as the main boss. Perhaps the opening cinematic could show Raiden's and Shinnok's first battle for earthrealm, his defeat, his torture in the netherealm by Lucifer and his return all in a 6 min flashback.

Last edited:
Thanks, FJ! Happy Thanksgiving, BTW! :)

Frieza, huh? Lol, I was actually thinking of both him and Cell when thinking of all my ideas for Shinnok; in fact, that's where I got the idea for multiple forms from. I also got the "change in attitude" part from Imperfect Cell and Semi-Perfect Cell :cool: