Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

aj327

I suppose it's unrealistic to think a game that preceded MK9 could be just as good, but MK8 doesn't even come close. It really seems like it was a rush job to me, graphics and all. Compared to Mk9 it feels very clunky. MK9 is really the first MK game I've played (except for the original on a friend's Sega Genesis waaay back in the day). I assume that at least a few of the first seven MK games were considered top notch for their day...? Maybe I'm just remembering wrong but even Tekken 3 (on the original playstation) seemed more responsive than MK vs DC. But it's been a while and I really liked Tekken so maybe time has colored my opinion?

Not trying to start any fights here. Just surprised at how MUCH better a fighting game MK9 is.

I think I'm the only person who liked MK vs DC.

The reason it was rushed was because Midway was using Mortal Kombat as a crutch.
So MK games needed to be pumped out at an almost yearly basis.

Of kourse MK v. DC was bad!!!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR REFUND!

Kontinue to play MK9! Use your refund to buy DLC or to get the HD Kollection koming soon because you say you are fond of the oldschool MK's.

I think I'm the only person who liked MK vs DC.

The reason it was rushed was because Midway was using Mortal Kombat as a crutch.
So MK games needed to be pumped out at an almost yearly basis.

Yes it was a rushed game had stupid button mashed sequences and no blood I admit gameplay wasn't bad (I liked Sub's style in that game) and don't get me wrong batman is the s*** but he should have never been mixed with MK in my opinion

Now the ultimate question is:
Why did you buy such a piece of shit like MK vs. DC, when you got a masterpiece like MK9??????

MK vs DC's hate is undeserved.

It had the best gameplay out of all the 3d Mortal Kombat's, except MK4, which was perfect.

All because it lacked gore.

MK vs DC's hate is undeserved.

It had the best gameplay out of all the 3d Mortal Kombat's, except MK4, which was perfect.

All because it lacked gore.

It can be a good fighting game if it doesn't have gore but It will always be a shitty MK game because thats what MK is all about is the violence

blockbuster would have been a smarter idea instead of buying it

but hey, the jokers in it, so that automaticly makes it good amiright??

It being the first MK game I played, I didn't miss the gore, so I thought it was great. Even after MK9, it's still a good game, just not a fantastic one like MK9.

Lol, MK vs DCU disappointed me even BEFORE MK9 was out. I don't know if it was because the game felt like they were jumping the shark, or the awkwardness I felt doing fatalities on non-MK characters. It would always run through my mind, "did I just KILL Batman?" Never felt right. Fatalities were meant for MK only and this game proved that.

Although I was unstoppable with Kano in that game. <3

The only thing I didn't like about MKvsDC was the combo system. Otherwise it's an ok game, specialy if you like the DC characters and you're happy to have them in a fighting game.

PS: Dark Kahn sucks.

The MK franchise was dangerously close to becoming irrelevant when that game came out. There wasn't much about MKvsDC I was on board with. The crossover with DC felt silly and when it came out it was a rushed, unfinished product. IMO, in the end it was just a futile attempt to keep Midway financially solvent for a little longer.

Dark Kahn was the best MK boss since UMK3 Shao Kahn.

He was hard, but he wasn't cheap.
Its too bad MK9 couldn't have adopted his style.

Dark Kahn was the best MK boss since UMK3 Shao Kahn.
He was hard, but he wasn't cheap.
Its too bad MK9 couldn't have adopted his style.

You must be joking <-<-<-lp, MK 9 Kahn is way superior to Dark Kahn in every way. And the way he inflates like a chewing gum when he is defeated is so rediculous. Plus he has 0 charisma, his laugh and quotes sucks. Oh and a fusion between Kahn & Dark Seid?! lol.