Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's stubbornness Bro, I think he just assumes we're in an Alternate Universe as opposed to just a different timeline. Thing is, NRS never specified what it is, and that if events prior to Raiden's visions were changed as well. Since there is no clarification, no one is right IMO and these are all theories that NRS will probably never address.

Regarding the events prior to Raiden's visions: his visions began at the start of the tournament we know as MK1. Anything prior has been left intact.

I'm going to point out that MK9 has already retconned Mythologies. According to the backstory of Mythologies, Shang Tsung told Quan Chi the location of the Map of Elements centuries after taking The Great Kung Lao's soul, with Quan Chi and Co. helping Shang Tsung resurrect Sindel. This doesn't happen in MK9, where Quan Chi spearheads Sindel's resurrection with Shang Tsung not helping at all.

I'm going to point out that MK9 has already retconned Mythologies. According to the backstory of Mythologies, Shang Tsung told Quan Chi the location of the Map of Elements centuries after taking The Great Kung Lao's soul, with Quan Chi and Co. helping Shang Tsung resurrect Sindel. This doesn't happen in MK9, where Quan Chi spearheads Sindel's resurrection with Shang Tsung not helping at all.
Mythologies is fully canon! Contradict it again and I'm putting you in hot water for posting false and misleading information!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking Araknyd_Commander is right here. We don't know that mkszm did happen the same way. Yeah sure, raiden sent visions back to himself, but that doesn't mean that shinnok didn't do the same during Armageddon.

I'm thinking Araknyd_Commander is right here. We don't know that mkszm did happen the same way. Yeah sure, raiden sent visions back to himself, but that doesn't mean that shinnok didn't do the same during Armageddon.
Raiden received his first vision immediately before the first fight of the MK1 tournament. All pre-MK1 events that were canon in the original timeline are canon in the current one. Mythologies is no exception.

Mythologies is fully canon! Contradict it again and I'm putting you in hot water for posting false and misleading information!

Mythologies-Shang Tsung tells Quan Chi where the Map of Elements is, Quan Chi and Co. help resurrect Sindel (which was Shang Tsung's plan).

MK9-Quan Chi spearheads Sindel's resurrection, with Shang Tsung not suggesting resurrecting Sindel or even showing any awareness of Quan Chi planning to do that before Quan Chi brings up doing that.

Do you see any differences here?

Mythologies-Shang Tsung tells Quan Chi where the Map of Elements is, Quan Chi and Co. help resurrect Sindel (which was Shang Tsung's plan).

MK9-Quan Chi spearheads Sindel's resurrection, with Shang Tsung any awareness of Quan Chi planning to do that.

Pre-MK1 = canon in totality in both timelines. You WILL prove the contrary to me using ONLY NRS sources, or you WILL retract your statements! You are posting false and misleading information, which is a breach of Rule 11!

Pre-MK1 = canon in totality in both timelines. You WILL prove the contrary to me using ONLY NRS sources, or you WILL retract your statements! You are posting false and misleading information, which is a breach of Rule 11!

Don't you think you're being a bit extreme there?

MK9-Quan Chi spearheads Sindel's resurrection, with Shang Tsung not suggesting resurrecting Sindel or even showing any awareness of Quan Chi planning to do that before Quan Chi brings up doing that.

You're aware that said events take place during the MK3 era, and in MK9, those events are very different because of timeline shenanigans?

You're aware that doesnt actually take place in Mythologies and changes nothing about Mythologies at all, right?

No, nothing was changed regarding Mythologies, yeah, stuff was changed afterwards. Thats the point.

Also, Tarkatan Trash, calm the hell down, jesus.

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/...thologies-_Sub-Zero_-_1997_-_Midway_Games.pdf

MK Mythologies Manual Page 18 said:
It was through the Mortal Kombat tournament that the Outworld’s soul-stealing sorcerer Shang Tsung discovered the location of the sacred Map of Elements. After Goro, the reigning Outworld champion, defeated the first Kung Lao over 400 years ago, Shang Tsung sapped the human’s soul. He retained his thoughts and memories thus discovering the secrets of the sacred map, which has been hidden within the Shaolin temples for centuries. These events enabled Shang Tsung to strike a bargain with Quan Chi.

In exchange for Shinnok’s assistance in a plot to reincarnate the Outworld Emperor Shao Kahn’s dead queen, Shang Tsung would reveal to Quan Chi the location of the map that would lead to Shinnok’s sacred amulet. But, Shang Tsung failed to inform Quan Chi of the elemental guards that protect the amulet. Their mere existence makes it impossible for Quan Chi to enter the temple where the amulet rests. But, if he could get a human to enter, the right human, one who could perhaps defeat the elements...

Quan Chi spearheaded Sindel's resurrection in MK9. This changes the circumstances of how Quan Chi found out where the Map of Elements is, seeing as how Shang Tsung never shows he ever considered resurrecting Sindel anywhere in MK9. Or you can call it a retcon.

Last edited:
http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/...thologies-_Sub-Zero_-_1997_-_Midway_Games.pdf

Quan Chi spearheaded Sindel's resurrection. This changes the circumstances of how Quan Chi found out where the Map of Elements is.
You're wrong! How does the rebooted portion (from the MK1 tournament onward) nullify the portion that was NOT rebooted (before MK1)? And were you even LISTENING when I flat out said that Scorpion's chapter in MK9 CONFIRMED that Mythologies was still canon?

Just admit that you broke Rule 11...

Rule 11 is about deliberately trolling people with rumors and misinformation. Chill out.

Quan Chi spearheaded Sindel's resurrection in MK9. This changes the circumstances of how Quan Chi found out where the Map of Elements is, seeing as how Shang Tsung never shows he ever considered resurrecting Sindel anywhere in MK9. Or you can call it a retcon.

That sure does make absolutely no sense in any way.

How does a retcon taking place in MK9, as a DIRECT result of the time travel plot, change ANYTHING in Mythologies?

Like, seriously dude, come on now.

Quan Chi's bargain with Shang Tsung (Shang tells Quan where the element map is, Quan and Co. help Shang resurrect Sindel) isn't what happened anymore. So therefore, Quan Chi had have found out where the map was (if the map is still around in MK9's timeline and Quan is still the Netherrealmer who found out where it was) differently in MK9's timeline.

Anything else?

Quan Chi's bargain with Shang Tsung (Shang tells Quan where the element map is, Quan and Co. help Shang resurrect Sindel) isn't what happened anymore. So therefore, Quan Chi had have found out where the map was (if the map is still around in MK9's timeline and Quan is still the Netherrealmer who found out where it was) differently in MK9's timeline.

Anything else?

First off, that makes no sense.

Second, you are aware of the time travel retcon-based plot that purposefully changes aspects of the story. Right?

It doesnt matter if it didnt happen this time around, anything pre MK1 still happened as it did, just because he gave him the location a map, doesnt mean that Raiden screwing about with the time stream somehow magically doesnt change something.

Time travel.

Time. Travel. Follow this part carefully. Raiden has changed certain events, this can, and did, cause other events to occur differently.

This topic is waaay off track now. We're arguing whether mythologies happened or not. Whether it happened in it's entirety doesn't matter at this point.

I would assume the main plot did still happen though.

So, anyone find it interesting how neither of Sub-Zero's previous VA's from 9 are returning? Its Steve Blum this time.

Its probably nothing, because im pretty sure Patrick Seitz wasnt Scorpion either in the MK X gameplay videos.

This topic is waaay off track now. We're arguing whether mythologies happened or not. Whether it happened in it's entirety doesn't matter at this point.

I would assume the main plot did still happen though.
How could you assume that though? Stuff has obviously changed. Quan chi wasn't at the first tournament originally. Obviously somethings changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.