So Kung Jin is Gay

In a game where people getting their guts ripped out is a regular thing, I really don't care who prefers what sexuality. I don't disagree with them putting a gay character in, I just don't really care.

Re: The pointless kung Jin discussion

I was really rooting for them and didn't want them to die.

Agreed.
I'm glad that none of the new characters in MKX died in story mode.
I really feel with these 8 new MKX characters, that NRS has a solid group of new characters to help carry the series forward.
In 1 game NRS has made me like 7 of the 8 new characters, which is more than can be said for the old timeline.
I think, in the old timeline, that I liked 6 new debut characters from that whole MK4 thru MK:A era.
That's 4 games in which most of the debut characters I didn't like as much.
MKX is off to a good solid start with these 8 newbies, this time around.
Aside from the 8 new characters, all they need to do for MK11 is add 4 more new characters and bring back the obligatory klasssics so that people don't riot.

Agreed.
I'm glad that none of the new characters in MKX died in story mode.
I really feel with these 8 new MKX characters, that NRS has a solid group of new characters to help carry the series forward.
In 1 game NRS has made me like 7 of the 8 new characters, which is more than can be said for the old timeline.
I think, in the old timeline, that I liked 6 new debut characters from that whole MK4 thru MK:A era.
That's 4 games in which most of the debut characters I didn't like as much.
MKX is off to a good solid start with these 8 newbies, this time around.
Aside from the 8 new characters, all they need to do for MK11 is add 4 more new characters and bring back the obligatory klasssics so that people don't riot.

Oh sure. Def. The game has got me oddly interested in what's coming next. I like all the new characters and I like even the klassics. I think they wrote Liu Kang and Kitana as revanents and denizens of Netherrealm in order to keep them around for a long time. Sub Zero can be anyone and Scorpion is now a man who struggles with having a vengeful spirit deep inside of him, which might actually make him semi-immortal. That means we could lose JC, Jax, Sonya, and Kano and still have plenty of klassics for the sequel.

I will say though that I really hope the sequel is a proper tournament. We've had our fun with warring realms. Let's get back to observing the rules of Kombat and have a proper tournament between the realms. I mean, there's always the thing with the realms merging, right? I mean... if Earth Realm managed to say... merge Outworld after 10 straight victories, then maybe Outworld would have looked more like Earth depending on which realm wins 10 straight victories in MK. That would give Raiden a good excuse to trying to win tournaments as means to protecting Earth Realm as it could possibly be the ONLY realm left standing in the end.

Oh sure. Def. The game has got me oddly interested in what's coming next. I like all the new characters and I like even the klassics. I think they wrote Liu Kang and Kitana as revanents and denizens of Netherrealm in order to keep them around for a long time. Sub Zero can be anyone and Scorpion is now a man who struggles with having a vengeful spirit deep inside of him, which might actually make him semi-immortal. That means we could lose JC, Jax, Sonya, and Kano and still have plenty of klassics for the sequel.

I will say though that I really hope the sequel is a proper tournament. We've had our fun with warring realms. Let's get back to observing the rules of Kombat and have a proper tournament between the realms. I mean, there's always the thing with the realms merging, right? I mean... if Earth Realm managed to say... merge Outworld after 10 straight victories, then maybe Outworld would have looked more like Earth depending on which realm wins 10 straight victories in MK. That would give Raiden a good excuse to trying to win tournaments as means to protecting Earth Realm as it could possibly be the ONLY realm left standing in the end.

The thing is, if all the realms get merged together, the one being will rise, so that would mean the end of an existence, but if it's onaga, then he can be beaten. And btw I watched all tower endings and only liked Johnnys, raidens, kotal khans and cassies endings. The others weren't that appealing to me.

I called it the moment that dialogue between Kung Jin and Raiden leaked.

They called me mad, well I got the last laugh!

Meh, I hated Jinny during his chapter. Such an ass hat.

He kinda redeemed himself later in the story, but early on he was just..... Johnny Cage without the charm or Charmisma.

You bring up an extremely great point with Liu Kang, Kitana and I will also say for Kung Lao.
With the 3 of those remaining as dead revenants, they can be around for MANY years in the MK mythos, without aging.
Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao are the characters that NRS has seemingly made as the must-have characters in MKX.
I also agreed that Johnny, Jax, Sonya and Kano could sit out, depending on how many years after MKX MK11 will take place in.
You have 6 Klassic characters in MKX that are essentially immortal (especially with Boon making the sea of Sub-Zeros comment) and you have Reptile which doesn't really age (or has a different criteria for aging).
There's also Ermac who doesn't age.
If Mileena and Baraka are revenants in MK11 that's 2 more non-aging characters.
Goro doesn't age.
Boon will find a cop-out for Kenshi so that he doesn't age.
All of the revenants (Kabal, Smoke, Nightwolf, etc, etc, etc) also don't age, so they can be brought back.
Being NetherRealm wraiths is the latest cop-out for just about any Klassic character to come back.
In MK9 it was Quan Chi, and in MKX it's wraiths. lol

Meh, I hated Jinny during his chapter. Such an ass hat.

He kinda redeemed himself later in the story, but early on he was just..... Johnny Cage without the charm or Charmisma.

That's the point. They weren't a team, acted like amateurs and have a lot to learn. Jin is improving, but it's the first game, so they're bound to make mistakes. NRS is doing it right -- allowing us to see the characters grow and progress.

Don't see what the big deal is. Alot of games now are having Gay characters. Nothing against gay ppl. If you're one of the many who are excited about it, great for you. I mean it definitely adds to the characters back story. But it was so subtle how they announced it, I just don't think its worth all the hype and focus.
Me, I just want to play and kick ass!

Yeah, I'm just confused why this is turned into a deal.

I see gay people and straight people equally. So if the entire cast was gay, I wouldn't care as long as it's 99.9% about realms/killing/fighting for survival.

I feel like people are just focusing on it, as an achievement that gay people are more accepted. I saw this as a natural direction that would have taken place with time anyways.

Gay people have all the evidence on their side, to prove they aren't "messed up or weird people". That's why the young generation is so progressive on this stance. We use the internet more than the older generation so we're exposed to more real faqs. and get fact checked.

People who watch TV are stuck seeing things from a single or 2 narrative.

I'd say give props I suppose. I'm just not a fan of forced narrative. If a developer wants to make a straight white male protagnist, they should be allowed to do so w/o scrutiny. Same goes for anyone who wants to make a gay lead character, or a female lead character.

I may have slightly overreacted simply cuz I'm tired of seeing hate thrown at people who don't want forced progressive equality in their games. It's a piece of fiction at the end of the day.

this should explain my stance on why I don't want it "forced"

If NRS just wanted to put out a hand of their own fruition toward LGBT, I like it alot.

But what I don't like are people trying to force social correctness in pieces of fiction. If a developer wants to make that I'm fine. I just don't like the whole "It's about time MK fed into LGBT" As if every developer needs a female lead, or gay/trans characters in order to be accepted.

Yeah, I'm just confused why this is turned into a deal.

It's a deal because there's still huge parts of the world not accepting LGBT people and in some parts even kill them just for that sole reason.

And sadly, the majority of gaming world still have trouble accepting this as well.

In the perfect world, it wouldn't be a deal at all. It would just be a piece of information, like haircolour, bloodtype, skin colour, etc. However, due to the world we live in, it is, indeed, a big deal.

I think it is awesome there's so many people on this forum who are acceptive of it and doesn't feel like it's a big deal though. ^^

It's a deal because there's still huge parts of the world not accepting LGBT people and in some parts even kill them just for that sole reason.

And sadly, the majority of gaming world still have trouble accepting this as well.

In the perfect world, it wouldn't be a deal at all. It would just be a piece of information, like haircolour, bloodtype, skin colour, etc. However, due to the world we live in, it is, indeed, a big deal.

I think it is awesome there's so many people on this forum who are acceptive of it and doesn't feel like it's a big deal though. ^^

I know people still aren't accepting, but Video games age range is mostly already in the "Accepting" age range.

Like it said it's MOSTLY the older generation that seems anti-LGBT.

gay acceptance is a natural progression in their favor IMO. It just takes time. You can't weed out all the baddies that fast with facts. Some people can't accept that they might've been wrong about gay people for years.

It may not be fully accepted by our generation, but you're going places if as a president you say something negative about minority groups suddenly your roasted.

Like I said I understand gay people are still kind of oppressed. But i'd say it's always moving in the right direction when it comes to acceptance.