[SPOILER] Everything about story mode. Pics, videos, discussion, etc.

want to make sure i'm understanding it -- just finished story mode earlier today.

In the midcredits scene, with Raiden and Shinook's head, he says to the wraiths that they rule outworld now? What happened to Kotal? isn't Kotal still emperor now that Mileena is dead and Shinook is..."dead"?

Maybe i missed something in a cinematic...

Regards,

Sanjay

Netherrealm, not Outworld.

[MENTION=11970]StarFyre[/MENTION]

I'm pretty sure he addressed them as the new rulers of the Netherrealm, not Outword.

Speaking of Kotal Kahn, did we get any resolution on what happened to his invasion force? Surely the Lin Kuei couldn't have taken them all on without reinforcements?

I agree with most of your other points, but this was specifically stated in the MKX story mode.
D'Vorah sided with Quan Chi / Shinnok when she went with Cassie to hunt down Mileena in The Jungle area.

Yeah that's right, but I was thinking about the "origins" of her siding with Shinnok. She's from Outworld and we don't know how did Shinnok reached her and convinced her to side with him. We actually don't know anything about her past besides that she originates from some Outworld island.

Yeah that's right, but I was thinking about the "origins" of her siding with Shinnok. She's from Outworld and we don't know how did Shinnok reached her and convinced her to side with him. We actually don't know anything about her past besides that she originates from some Outworld island.

It sounds like the comic's going to be exploring that stuff.

Let's hope so!

So is Netherrealm kind of like the undead army of the Lich King from Warcraft? That they need a ruler to take over otherwise it'll be nothing but chaotic?

My boyfriend and I were discussing this ending and I'm just still a bit confused as to what killed Raiden. He, who has little to no knowledge of Mortal Kombat lore, told me Raiden is like the Arthas of Mortal Kombat. That the corruption he cleansed killed him, and he's kind of like the Lich King now despite that he's not a lich king at all...

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, is this kind of... right?

Personally, I had the impression that cleansing the Jinsei corrupted Raiden. Some kind of energy exchange :laugh: For me it's the clearest explanation but it could be in other way.

Raiden is a pure being.

He is so pure, that he is capable of entering the Jinsei and exchange energies with Earthrrealm's life force.

As always, he seeks protection by the means of justice. Raiden has tolerated eons of Elder Gods omission (notice that they did NOTHING on this game, they were waiting Shinnok reach the heavens after killing everybody), protecting Earthrrealm alone and dealing alone with people like Shao Kahn.

What happened is the same when Onaga's presence corrupted his being. The infected Jinsei awakens on him a machiavellic mind, he just looses all those principles that keep him from doing all he will do now. Raiden is now even a challenge to the Elder Gods' will.

He came too close to Shinnok's soul. And now, he let himself corrupted by the Amulet.

He is not evil, he is cruel, machiavellic and he is tired of Elder Gods' omission. Now he makes Earthrrealm's rules.

We know where that will lead...poor Raiden. Always trying to save us, taking the ultimate sacrifice, and always getting tired. Without condemnimg or condoning, I understand him (no Manhattan jokes), but he will doom us all the same way - or even worse - he did before.

That's why he is awesome. Too human.

Sent from Earthrealm

Raiden is a pure being.

He is so pure, that he is capable of entering the Jinsei and exchange energies with Earthrrealm's life force.

As always, he seeks protection by the means of justice. Raiden has tolerated eons of Elder Gods omission (notice that they did NOTHING on this game, they were waiting Shinnok reach the heavens after killing everybody), protecting Earthrrealm alone and dealing alone with people like Shao Kahn.

What happened is the same when Onaga's presence corrupted his being. The infected Jinsei awakens on him a machiavellic mind, he just looses all those principles that keep him from doing all he will do now. Raiden is now even a challenge to the Elder Gods' will.

He came too close to Shinnok's soul. And now, he let himself corrupted by the Amulet.

He is not evil, he is cruel, machiavellic and he is tired of Elder Gods' omission. Now he makes Earthrrealm's rules.

We know where that will lead...poor Raiden. Always trying to save us, taking the ultimate sacrifice, and always getting tired. Without condemnimg or condoning, I understand him (no Manhattan jokes), but he will doom us all the same way - or even worse - he did before.

That's why he is awesome. Too human.

Sent from Earthrealm

So true.

Raiden could have been created by Shakespeare, he fits so well to the dramatic characters :laugh:

I forgot about Onaga. Apart from Quan Chi, he also has the power of resurrection. But guys from NRS surely will invent another way to revive who they want to :laugh:

[MENTION=11970]StarFyre[/MENTION]

I'm pretty sure he addressed them as the new rulers of the Netherrealm, not Outword.

Speaking of Kotal Kahn, did we get any resolution on what happened to his invasion force? Surely the Lin Kuei couldn't have taken them all on without reinforcements?

Kung Jin beat Erron Black, Ferra/Torr, and Kotal Kahn by himself.

Sub-Zero beat Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, and Kung Jin by himself.

Therefore, Sub-Zero is the most powerful character in the MK universe, and he can certainly beat Kotal Kahn's already beat up invasion force alone, never mind with a bunch of Lin Kuei backing him up!

Actually, Scorpion beat Sub-Zero and both, plus Shinnok, an elder God, was beaten by Johnny Cage.

Therefore,

MK X Johnny Cage >>>>>>

Therefore, Sub-Zero is the most powerful character in the MK universe, and he can certainly beat Kotal Kahn's already beat up invasion force alone, never mind with a bunch of Lin Kuei backing him up!

IMO Jin shouldn't be able to beat Kotal, no way.

But we can't avoid a bunch of not so rational battle outomes just to move on the story. However I could imagine the story without the lame fights like Sonya beating Scorpion or Jacqui beating Kotal [!!!].

Actually, Scorpion beat Sub-Zero and both, plus Shinnok, an elder God, was beaten by Johnny Cage.

Therefore,

MK X Johnny Cage >>>>>>

Johnny didn't beat Shinnok, he merely stalled him long enough so that Raiden was able to trap him inside the Amulet.

On the other hand Cassie beat Shinnok even after he absorbed Earthrealms' Jensei.

It's pretty safe to say that Cassie on Elder God level at this point.

:)

Johnny didn't beat Shinnok, he merely stalled him long enough so that Raiden was able to trap him inside the Amulet.

He did beat Shinnok, though.
You fight against Shinnok and beat him with Johnny, when Shinnok was about to retaliate in that cut-scene, Johnny kicked the amulet to Raiden and moved out of the way.

The introductions are infinitely cool. I've been watching videos of klassic tower mode, and at one point Cassie calls Kenshi "Keanu" ;)

Jacqui owned subzero. She just didn't want to fight him.

I really don't understand why they cannot make an art book and feel the need to show off their concepts through the game. It would be so much cooler to have a legit book in my hands and look through all of the pages to see what they've made and such.

It would be really a great product for them to produce, and I really don't get why it cannot happen.

I really don't understand why they cannot make an art book and feel the need to show off their concepts through the game. It would be so much cooler to have a legit book in my hands and look through all of the pages to see what they've made and such.

It would be really a great product for them to produce, and I really don't get why it cannot happen.

Either an absolute lack of demand (so printing books is a waste of money for NRS), or a relative lack of demand (so printing books is a waste of manpower that could be spent doing something else that will make more money)...

...or a perceived lack of demand (so they're wrong and should make one!)

It sounds like the comic's going to be exploring that stuff.

I'll be honest, this is a bad excuse. Mortal Kombat isn't a comic book series that got a game. It's a game that got a comic book, hence the game should try to handle what it sets up. I can't excuse how little the game addresses because the comic will attend to things later. That's not the point, if NRS is trying to tell a story they should straight up tell it instead of leaving things up in the air because "there's a comic book"

If NRS wants to create a story then they should actually try, or get rid of it and just give us the endings and bios like the old Trilogy games. And really saying "the comic book will get to it" really grinds my gears because how does that improve the game's story? It'll still be the rushed mess of predictability that it was on the first run. If anything the comics exist just so NRS has an excuse for their lazy writing.

Okay, wait I'm sorry for how rude I sound, I'm just more than a little cranky today :/