Cassie's X-Ray

I could really see Sonya dying this time and Johnny Cage getting all berserk. Then Cassie would be the one to help her dad control his emotions even if it means fighting him.

Daughter of Sonya and Johnny Cage. NR either made a horrible mistake, or we're doing more time traveling.

^^ It takes place right after the events of MK9 AND continues for 25 more years...

Exactly. Tired of seeing people misunderstand and gripe about the story. Ed has specifically said in multiple interviews that the story takes place over the span of 25 years. Meaning some story would be 5 years after MK9, 10 years after, 15 years, etc..

I hope they have characters that are introduced in the median of that range, and not just use the gap as a transition from one generation to the next. For example, I want characters that are old enough to know Sonya, but young enough to be just over Cassie's age gap.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Mortal Kombat X takes place 25 years after Mortal Kombat 9.
The select screen? That final roster you'll be looking at? They will all be of the +25 year time period.

I know exactly how the story takes place, but the roster (Cassie included) be 25 years older than MK9. So chill

Er, I disagree.
I guess the roster will mix up characters from different points in time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

...Why? I thought we were doing Shinnok's War.

Uh... some of it might be that... You really shouldn't use these forums as your primary source of MK news. The answers to your questions are in pretty much all interviews and articles about the game, including the front page of this very website.

Mortal Kombat X takes place 25 years after Mortal Kombat 9.
The select screen? That final roster you'll be looking at? They will all be of the +25 year time period.

I know exactly how the story takes place, but the roster (Cassie included) be 25 years older than MK9. So chill

Dude, listen to the interviews again...just go ahead:

http://youtu.be/bMbHhmjsWiY?t=3m34s

So starts after the events of Mortal Kombat 9 and then covers the period of the next 25 years - it does not take place 25 years after but rather up until 25 years from the end of Mortal Kombat 9.

So starts after the events of Mortal Kombat 9 and then covers the period of the next 25 years - it does not take place 25 years after but rather up until 25 years from the end of Mortal Kombat 9.

Like I already said, I know this.
But the final roster, the characters on the select screen are from the period of the story that marks 25 years after MK9.
It's why adult Cassie Cage can be on the roster.

And you somehow think that story mode will feature a bunch of characters from the "end of MK9" period that won't be playable outside of story mode, right?
Er, no. That's just not happening.

Besides common sense, Boon already said Cassie gets to fight Cage and/or Sonya, and I doubt it's a 50 year old version of them.

That's what I was thinking. That she'd be fighting a 50 year old version of Cage.
But now that I think about it, MK9 let Sub-Zero fight against his Cyber self.

That's what I was thinking. That she'd be fighting a 50 year old version of Cage.
But now that I think about it, MK9 let Sub-Zero fight against his Cyber self.

Why wouldn't the final select screen feature characters from all points of time? Not sure what's goin' on here.

And you somehow think that story mode will feature a bunch of characters from the "end of MK9" period that won't be playable outside of story mode, right?
Er, no. That's just not happening.

Besides common sense, Boon already said Cassie gets to fight Cage and/or Sonya, and I doubt it's a 50 year old version of them.

Ur right. Boon said there will be Sonya and/or Cage. He also said we will see characters in different ages. Hope really not 50 y.o. Sonya :)
But wait. Champions of Mortal Kombat stay young untill the next Tournament:) Maybe Sonya and Cage are not "the-chosen-ones" as Liu Kang was, but at least they participated the Tournament, won some battles and survived. Raiden who defeated Shao Kahn may not be champion as he is a god. They are only humans who survived the battle on winner side, this may explain why they stay young:)

It boggles my mind how your people insist in treating this game with this half assed storyline as if it was reality, and the character selection screen had to reflect a certain point in time.

They make story mode. Young Cage and Sonya appear. 25 years later Cassie appears. You're allowed to use both. End of story.

No reason to bust your head thinking how Cage and Sonya stay young. They don't.

This argument... SMH. I agree with [MENTION=16370]uKER[/MENTION] completely.

There shouldn't be ANY doubt that the playable roster will include characters from the time period of MK9 - 25 Years Later. Not JUST the "25 Years Later" characters.

As for the whole "playable Johnny Cage and Sonya are going to be old" argument? Remember that there are alternate costumes in Story Mode. I wouldn't have a doubt that if Johnny and Sonya are in the game, they're going to have "younger version" alternate costumes.

The problem I think is that everyone seems to think the non-story game is an actual event and as such has to take place at a certain point in the storyline instead of being a "we made this bunch of characters so we'll throw them in here so that you can use them" thing.

There's just too many people who treat this whole game as reality. It boggles my mind the amount of discussions trying to infer the roster or the storyline as if these were actual events, driven by actual logic.

My guess is that that stuff is decided by which characters are popular. If a character is popular it's gonna be in, and NRS don't give a crap if they made Quan Chi rip their ass in half in the previous game or whether Shang Tsung likes them and may want to resurrect them, or how they can give a sensible explanation to how or why they're back.

This is a fighting game, not a novel. The storyline is an afterthought.
Get over it.

Last edited: