Tuesday Marks Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Release

this is a GOTY edition for full price just like RDR,borderlands, and Fallout 3 for fans that might've missed out the 1st time around..

Yet they still don't understand. Doesn't surprise me. There's too many MK fans with a "half glass empty" attitude.

GOTY edition's worked well with RDR, Fallout, and Borderlands (even though that game sucks) because they are shooter/adventure games, not fighting games.

MK9 is not as popular as it used to be because it's a fighting game. There are still plenty playing RDR, Fallout, and Borderlands because shooters last longer. So instead of making this mere package, why not come out with the UMK9 that everyone wants? With more content. At least the Vita version has more content. This edition has no in-game new content. Just crap that people already have. And it's price is too much.

I have MvC3 and when UMvC3 was announced, telling of 12 new characters, stages, and patches I was psyched. Why? Because although the release date angered me a little. They gave the fans what they want, besides Mega Man. They even at least gave Zero a Mega-Man costume.

Now THAT invites more players and satisfies a lot of MvC3 fans. And at the price of $40? Great. Just awesome.

Releasing a GOTY edition of MK with no new content for $60? No.

GOTY edition's worked well with RDR, Fallout, and Borderlands (even though that game sucks) because they are shooter/adventure games, not fighting games.

MK9 is not as popular as it used to be because it's a fighting game. There are still plenty playing RDR, Fallout, and Borderlands because shooters last longer. So instead of making this mere package, why not come out with the UMK9 that everyone wants? With more content. At least the Vita version has more content. This edition has no in-game new content. Just crap that people already have. And it's price is too much.

I have MvC3 and when UMvC3 was announced, telling of 12 new characters, stages, and patches I was psyched. Why? Because although the release date angered me a little. They gave the fans what they want, besides Mega Man. They even at least gave Zero a Mega-Man costume.

Now THAT invites more players and satisfies a lot of MvC3 fans. And at the price of $40? Great. Just awesome.

Releasing a GOTY edition of MK with no new content for $60? No.
I totally agree :/

UMvC3 has 12 new characters.

12 x $5 = $60

yeah I didnt give a damn about half of those characters, I didnt give a damn about half of the characters MK released as DLC either, difference is MK didnt force me to buy them all , it gave me a choice as to which DLC I wanted and threw in some free skins while they were at it..

They released the game for $40 dollars. Plus the 8 new stages. Doesn't matter if they are just changed via weather and such, they are still very fresh.

theyre not really new stages, theyre as new as Night time rooftops,dusk rooftops, daylight rooftops in MK, with the exception that these were available from the start and had more work put into them than Capcom's lazy offering disguised as "new" stages, they were about as fresh as stale beer

And patches.

yes patches, MVC3 was a broken game, any fan will who put time into the game will tell you so, Capcom patched it,added unreleased DLC and a few stages for $40 and made those who bought MVC3 look silly, as it was basically a glorified beta.

This Komplete Edition has 4 not even new characters. They were DLC, now you can have them all as part of the GOTY edition...RDR,Fallout3,borderlands,GTA IV,Midnight Club,LA Niore, LBP,Uncharted 2 have all done this, its the same game + all the DLC hence Komplete edition, Theyre not masquerading this as a brand new game...

A movie that Ive seen a billion times and already have on DVD. well, you probably bought MK9 already, this collection isnt really aimed at you is it? this is for every1 that mightve missed out on the game the 1st time around....

And some songs. Just a fun little bonus for those picking this up for the 1st time

$60 total. Yeah, thats the going rate for GOTY editions on release week, it usually drops to $20 within 2 months. Check Bestbuy, me and my friends caught up on Borderlands this way, I had the original and bought DLC as it came out....they bought the GOTY editions cheap at bestbuy, we can all play together bc its the same game

You're telling me you're satisfied with this? This is a FIGHTING GAME. YOURE KIDDING!!

The game is already not near as popular as it was when it first released and you expect it to draw in a lot more people with this? If I hadn't bought the game I'd still not buy it.

Look at SSF4! An updated edition with NEW characters. Even new ultra combos! SSFIV made SFIV useless, those that bought SFIV had to buy SSIV bc it fixed the originals glaring issues,added characters,added stages, introduced all new achievements bc it was basically a new game. If you had SFIV you could not play someone playing SSFIV b/c they WERE DIFFERENT GAMES. Capcom has a habit of abandoning broken games after release, then releasing Patches + DLC at a $40 premium. see Dead Rising 2,MVC3

this announcement pissed off a large part of the MVC3 community, check the gamefaqs and shroyuken boards around the time of the announcement, b/c they realized Capcom had sold them a $60 turd, and was now offering a functional version for $40. If you bought MVC3 you know it was a broken game, capcom didnt bother patching it or offering any DLC besides 1 costume pack and rehashed pre-order incentive, They Patched the game, tossed in 12 DLC characters, added snow to existing stages and cashed out, while the fanboys gleefully cheered and the smart consumers unloaded their original copies as soon as they could.

I like NRS more than Capcom but this?

No, just no.

NRS supported their game and kept updating it with patches and DLC, Capcom bundles unreleased DLC and patches at a $40 premium.

this can all be a bit much so lets keep it simple...

MK:Komplete edition = MK + DLC + a movie and a soundtrack

If you Bought MK the 1st time around, this bundle isnt really for you..

UMVC3 is madden 2011 to MVC3's madden 2010 theyre different games...

tumblr_lo1xx8raKf1qmvvoro1_500.jpg

now I'm done...

Last edited:
Um that's it? Hmmm... maybe I'll keep my MK game.

As you should. If you already own the game, but want the DLC, movie, and/or soundtrack, those alone would be cheaper than buying MKKE. Otherwise, it's not worth it. $60 may seem steep, but for people that don't have any of this stuff, it's definitely worth it. It's all in the math.

As for MK9 not being popular anymore, it's still very much alive in the tournament scene. It may not have the numbers online that it did closer to launch, but that doesn't mean anything. Casual players move on to other things (and let's face it, most of you here are casuals) and hardcore players don't bother with the online component to begin with.

Medellin you're COMPLETELY missing my point.

Scenario: If Jim doesn't buy MK9 the first time around because he didn't want it. Why would he buy the Komplete Edition?

MvC3 stages not fresh? You're telling me that a freakin completely snow covered level is not new to you? You're asking for too much. The stages feel extremely fresh to me because they add a completely new feeling and atmosphere just like alternate stages in MK9.

Also MvC3 fans should stop whining and just trade in their MvC3 or sell it and buy UMvC3. So what if they didn't patch MvC3? THEY ARE OFFERING US UMVC3 FOR A MERE 40 DOLLARS.

40 DOLLARS

If they released every character as DLC that would be $60 worth of DLC AND they'd be making less money. Sorry that Capcom is smart.

And Dead Rising 2 is not some patch fix. This is coming from the biggest Dead Rising fan on this forum.

I bought MvC3. I still have it. And my next game is going to be UMvC3. Why? Cause it offers A LOT for only 40 dollars. If MK9 came out last year, they could have given us more. Not something for a small crowd new to the game. Like I said, GOTY editions work MUCH better with shooters/adventures. They last forever. Like Jason said, MK9 is popular on the tournament scene but it's dying online.

Also I hate how you say "Tossed in DLC characters." You say it like making characters is nothing. The only character that was supposed to be in MvC3 that they put in UMvC3 is Frank West. They gave us Ghost Rider, Nemesis, Phoenix Wright, and Strider Hiryu. They gave the fans what they wanted without making less money. Capcom is trying to make money. That is their goal. And they achieved it well. ALL my wishes came true so I'm pretty damn happy.

Rumor has it that complete addition is q newer version with updated patch which will also be released online as a hot fix the same day...but that's just what I heard on Tym.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Medellin you're COMPLETELY missing my point.

Scenario: If Jim doesn't buy MK9 the first time around because he didn't want it. Why would he buy the Komplete Edition? its kind of a dead season[occasional big release like ME3, but its not the holidays] maybe Lil Jimmy was on the fence about MK, oh ALL the DLC? a Movie? see NRS is selling this to a new audience, how are you not understanding this? I explained it in a previous post in a simple manner...I mean really?

MvC3 stages not fresh? You're telling me that a freakin completely snow covered level is not new to you? No it isnt, its pretty fukin lazy, Activision pulls this shit all the time rehashing old COD maps and calling them NEW DLC, the 1st MVC3 had less than 10 Stages TOTAL!! rehashing them as a selling point on a new edition is Insulting..

Also MvC3 fans should stop whining and just trade in their MvC3 or sell it and buy UMvC3. So what if they didn't patch MvC3? THEY ARE OFFERING US UMVC3 FOR A MERE 40 DOLLARS. So what if you paid $60 for the original? so what if you bought the meager DLC? So what if you supported the broken online? THEY PATCHED THE GAME! AND ITS ONLY $40!!

40 DOLLARS A Patch!!!!

If they released every character as DLC that would be $60 worth of DLC AND they'd be making less money. Sorry that Capcom is smart. LMAO....did you see the sales figures? Capcom Printed and pressed discs for UMVC3 and it sold less than half of what the original sold, less than 600k sold on what were dissapointing sales figures for the original to begin with

And Dead Rising 2 is not some patch fix. This is coming from the biggest Dead Rising fan on this forum. Case Zero was, enough fans summed it up as this..."its dead rising 2 with a frank west skin"

I bought MvC3. I still have it. And my next game is going to be UMvC3. Why? Cause it offers A LOT for only 40 dollars. Its a 40 rip off If MK9 came out last year, they could have given us more. Not something for a small crowd new to the game. Like I said, GOTY editions work MUCH better with shooters/adventures. They last forever. Like Jason said, MK9 is popular on the tournament scene but it's dying online.

you're projecting, you have no idea what kind of sales figures this Komplete edition could sell and unless youre Michael Pachter or some1 with more to a backround besides fanboy; your Speculation is worthless. NRS has supported the game for a whole year, thats 4x longer than Capcom. This is likely it for MK, theyre mostly likely working on the Next MK, which will probably be a new project...not a half assed rehash with TOSSED IN DLC

Also I hate how you say "Tossed in DLC characters." You say it like making characters is nothing. The only character that was supposed to be in MvC3 that they put in UMvC3 is Frank West. They gave us Ghost Rider, Nemesis, Phoenix Wright, and Strider Hiryu. They gave the fans what they wanted without making less money. Capcom is trying to make money. That is their goal. And they achieved it well. ALL my wishes came true so I'm pretty damn happy.

Have you actually realized how barebones in terms of content MVC3 was? I mean really? Capcom hands u a turd and you just smile and sing their praises? REALLY?

Capcom milks their fans dry, or attempts to, their latest sales figures arent too rosey, these fighting game rehashes are resulting in diminishing returns. Capcom has pissed off a LARGE part of their fanbase , resulting in capcom making less money.

ok...got that off my chest...

im not sure if this kid is serious or if he's doing Schtick

Yet they still don't understand. Doesn't surprise me. There's too many MK fans with a "half glass empty" attitude.

I agree,

Last edited:
Medellin do you know what money is?

Is this right here:

united_states_one_dollar_bill_obverse.jpg

That's money. I bet you remember it now.

Now let me ask you a question. If you were leading Capcom and you wanted more of that paper would you:

Patch MvC3 and release the 12 new characters as DLC? ($5 dollars a pop)

or

Release UMvC3?

Put your crying aside and give me an honest answer. Seriously. Which method would earn you more money?

And for MK9: How many times do I have to tell you that this "new audience" will be small BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEW CONTENT. IT'S THE SAME SHIT JUST THROWN INTO A PACKAGE.

And Dead Rising 2: OTR is not the same shit with Frank West. Those aren't Dead Rising fans. They are ignorant pricks. Dead Rising: OTR was meant to entertain FRANK WEST FANS. It added new weapons, bosses, survivors, an amusement park, and a HUGE twist in the story. I have both versions and both were great. If you don't like Frank West then no shit, don't buy the game.

Medellin do you know what money is?

Is this right here:

united_states_one_dollar_bill_obverse.jpg

That's money. I bet you remember it now.

Now let me ask you a question. If you were leading Capcom and you wanted more of that paper would you:

Patch MvC3 and release the 12 new characters as DLC? ($5 dollars a pop)

or

Release UMvC3?

HOW IS THIS RELAVENT? well if u were in charge of capcom you;d see it this way too, you're speaking in hypotheticals that have no bearing on the issue? I'm a consumer and if I see Bullsheet, I call it. is releasing a glorified beta good for business? at full price? is rereleasing rehashed versions of the same game for a $40 premium good for business?

Im not sure...lets check these sales figues? less than 600k sold...guess a greatest hits banner is out of the question:-o

Put your crying aside and give me an honest answer. Seriously. Which method would earn you more money? This must be schtick

And for MK9: How many times do I have to tell you that this "new audience" will be small BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEW CONTENT. IT'S THE SAME SHIT JUST THROWN INTO A PACKAGE.
CAPSLOCK, you must be serious. How many times do I have to tell you that your speculation is worthless, most speculation is, but you dont even have credability, GOTY editions are for casual fans who mightve been on the fence, can now buy the game with all the DLC bundled in and join the community.

And Dead Rising 2: OTR is not the same shit with Frank West. Those aren't Dead Rising fans. They are ignorant pricks. Dead Rising: OTR was meant to entertain FRANK WEST FANS. It added new weapons, bosses, survivors, an amusement park, and a HUGE twist in the story. I have both versions and both were great. If you don't like Frank West then no shit, don't buy the game. NOW THIS is SCHTICK

lmao this guy cant be serious

capcom Pisses all over their fanboys and they just lap it up and ask for more...

GOTY editions are for casual fans who mightve been on the fence, can now buy the game with all the DLC bundled in and join the community.

Quoted for truth.
I'm not spending extra $$$ on this, because I already have it.
I do hope that the MKKE does bring around some new fans that never picked it up, to begin with.

As for MK9 not being popular anymore, it's still very much alive in the tournament scene. It may not have the numbers online that it did closer to launch, but that doesn't mean anything. Casual players move on to other things (and let's face it, most of you here are casuals) and hardcore players don't bother with the online component to begin with.

I hate this black and white between what's considered hardcore and casual.
There is a gray area, you know.
Just because I don't play at the Tournament level, doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan.
Playing other games on your PS3 \ 360 doesn't make you an MK "casual."
Trading in MK games for a different genre game because it's not your favorite game series, makes you an MK casual.
I'm willing to bet that 90% of people who sign up for game forums, are "hardcore" fans of that series.
I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, but I'm only a member of TRMK, SOLELY for the purpose of talking Mortal Kombat.

Someone just posted this on another MK board

1) The title screen actually reads Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition.

2) There is an extra trailer for Mortal Kombat legacy in the Announcement Trailers section

3) The dlc Characters have nekropolis spots. Kenshi and Rain are next to kratos. Skarlet and Freddy are next to Quan Chi.

4) If you have beaten the game with the dlc characters before their endings are viewable in the Necropolis

5) Saves from previous edition work on this edition

6) Graphics glitches like Mileena's hair going through her neck have been fixed. Also stages like the Flesh pits have been lightened up a tad to bring out detail

7) the music has been raised up a notch or two. Still not like it should be but louder than before

Quoted for truth.
I'm not spending extra $$$ on this, because I already have it.
I do hope that the MKKE does bring around some new fans that never picked it up, to begin with.

I hate this black and white between what's considered hardcore and casual.
There is a gray area, you know.
Just because I don't play at the Tournament level, doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan.
Playing other games on your PS3 \ 360 doesn't make you an MK "casual."
Trading in MK games for a different genre game because it's not your favorite game series, makes you an MK casual.
I'm willing to bet that 90% of people who sign up for game forums, are "hardcore" fans of that series.
I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, but I'm only a member of TRMK, SOLELY for the purpose of talking Mortal Kombat.

Hardcore fans is not the same thing as a hardcore competitive gamer. I think you are taking his words out of context.

What he means by hardcore are people who push their limits in skill and knowledge with said game.

You may be more hardcore fan for example let's pretend Aldo plays it at a casual level. He is clearly a hardcore fan though with his mk swag, and burning desire for lui kang.

Someone just posted this on another MK board

1) The title screen actually reads Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition.

2) There is an extra trailer for Mortal Kombat legacy in the Announcement Trailers section

3) The dlc Characters have nekropolis spots. Kenshi and Rain are next to kratos. Skarlet and Freddy are next to Quan Chi.

4) If you have beaten the game with the dlc characters before their endings are viewable in the Necropolis

5) Saves from previous edition work on this edition

6) Graphics glitches like Mileena's hair going through her neck have been fixed. Also stages like the Flesh pits have been lightened up a tad to bring out detail

7) the music has been raised up a notch or two. Still not like it should be but louder than before

If those are in fact true, 3,4,6 and 7 should all be patched to be universal.

I'm guessing regardless, they're going to have to have a patch that allows people that have the Komplete Edition (or the DLC from the initial version) to be able to use Rain, Kenshi and Skarlet online, even if their opponent doesn't have them and hasn't downloaded the compatibility packs. What good is having Kenshi, Rain and Skarlet (along with the DLC costumes) on the disk if they still can't be used online?

-Bill

If those are in fact true, 3,4,6 and 7 should all be patched to be universal.

Agreed.
I seriously hope this is patched for the standard version of MK9, when MKKE comes out.
Sucks that I have to beat Ladder Mode every time I want to see Skarlet or Rain's ending.

Agreed.
I seriously hope this is patched for the standard version of MK9, when MKKE comes out.
Sucks that I have to beat Ladder Mode every time I want to see Skarlet or Rain's ending.

I don't want to go to youtube to see those either.

there better be a umk9 someday

Last edited:
I go to youtube for those, but I'd love to see my bonus characters get their own spots on the nekropolis

Yeah, there's that, but in all honesty, NRS should have patched that in the patch that came with Freddy.
They could have done something to the effect where if you didn't DL those characters the spot would still be there, but it would just be empty.

what ****ed me off the most is that the compability packs were not manditory for the xbox 360,

never got a chance to get good with any dlc character online

Hardcore fans is not the same thing as a hardcore competitive gamer. I think you are taking his words out of context.

What he means by hardcore are people who push their limits in skill and knowledge with said game.

You may be more hardcore fan for example let's pretend Aldo plays it at a casual level. He is clearly a hardcore fan though with his mk swag, and burning desire for lui kang.

That's exactly what I meant.