The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
I'm pissed that they made the Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan match a dark match, I was looking forward to it. Looks like they didn't have enough time for it (Though I don't get why they were running out of time when they have 4 whole hours, just make one of the other matches shorter).

All results are being put into the main PPV page. If you wanna discuss the PPV do it there so no one is spoiled, thank you.

That was so classy of Rey Mysterio to acknowledge the dude with Down Syndrome more than one of his own fans, he gained so much respect from me because of that.

I hate both Mysterio and Cena but, when it comes to kids, they are both super stand up dudes. That is awesome.

I hate both Mysterio and Cena but, when it comes to kids, they are both super stand up dudes. That is awesome.

Yes, I agree with most of that, with the exception that outside of boring storylines I think Rey Mysterio is sensational, his ring work is spectacular and entertaining everytime. His mic work is crap - he needs to shut up and wrestle.

Yes, I agree with most of that, with the exception that outside of boring storylines I think Rey Mysterio is sensational, his ring work is spectacular and entertaining everytime. His mic work is crap - he needs to shut up and wrestle.

Rey is GREAT in the ring, no doubt about it! I just can't stand him, I don't know why.....but, yeah, his mic skills are pretty horrendous at times.

Currently laughing at STUN THEM ALL, STUN THEM ALL

Unfortunately that only gets you half way to a title these days....well the Heavyweight title anyways. They could care less about any of the others by the fact that you almost NEVER see any of them defended or promoted in any way except at Night of Champions. Can you even count the number of legitimate tag teams on one hand (by legitimate I don't mean two guys they just decide to throw together because they have no idea what to do with them....like kozlov and Santino)??

Back to my main point, from time to time they'll put the World title on a guy like Rey for a few months to keep him happy (once I read they did so to keep him from leaving the company because of his appeal to the hispanic community, they wanted to keep him happy and not lose that audience). However most any champ these days has to be able to at least be competent in the ring, and on the mic.

I'm convinced this is the single reason why Morrison hasn't had the belt yet. When's the last time you remember hearing him cut a promo since the Dirt Sheet went under? I'm sure you can dig one up on youtube, but I asked specifically when's the last time you REMEMBER one of his promos? I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Miz took his mic game to another level, and improved in the ring....and that's why he's been put over Morrison as the new young guy on RAW. Until Morrison gets better on the mic (in all fairness, they really haven't given him many chances), he'll be lucky to sniff a Heavyweight title shot, much less a title run. Its a shame too because he's the most athletic in ring performer they have on the RAW roster.

Well, time to stop watching wrestling for another year now unless the Rock has matches here and there to keep him in ring shape for his WM 28 match. Anyone think hes not gonna be there again til the event, or will he make appearances here and there?

So lame, lmao.

AWESOME that Sin Cara finally showed up, hell yes.

NOOOOO!!!!!!! But only because it appears they are going to feed Sheamus to him which is CRAP! C'mon really? I mean they did propel him to the top pretty quickly with his first WWE championship run a few months after he joined RAW and less than a full year after he was called up from FCW. Still, if you're going to give a guy TWO heavyweight title runs, why all of a sudden dump him back on the midcard roster, wearing a belt that NOBODY in the company cares about? Sheamus was the hottest thing RAW had going for it when he had the WWE championship and they have ROYALLY screwed his booking up ever since. Seems there isn't enough room at the top of the RAW roster for Miz, Cena, Orton, CM Punk, (Triple H if he ever decides to get back to trying to chase Ric Flair's record) AND Sheamus....so it seems he's the odd man out and now they're going to feed him to Sin Cara.

I'm hoping this is just reminiscent of 1996 when Triple H got fed to Ultimate Warrior when he returned briefly to the WWE (I want to say at that year's Wrestlemania). Triple H was humiliated, but ultimately rose up and became an all time great. I hope Sheamus is able to overcome whoever in booking has it in for him. Maybe a move to Smackdown where they seem to be razor thin with top level talent would be best for him (if they aren't going to move Orton and or Punk over instead).

Having wrote that long blurb, I must say that leap from the top turnbuckle was INCREDIBLE! That's about the highest I've seen anybody get with one of those leaps. Hard to tell from that brief minute long encounter if he's as good as advertised yet, but he at least appears to be.

Hey guys, that gives time for the Rock to make another movie. YAAAAaaaaay.....eh.

I'd put the likelihood of this type of match happening at less than 30%, but with a match of this magnitude with two Superstars in as good a shape as they are in (the year time frame gives Rock plenty of time to train between movie work)....the ONLY proper way to settle this would be an Iron Man match.

Its been a while since we've seen one at Wrestlemania (the only other one to happen at the big event was probably Shawn Michael's single greatest match, against Bret Hart at Wrestlemania XII where he finally captured his first Heavyweight Title).

Cena could do an iron man match, and Rock could get in the shape this next year to do one if he's not already there (physically he is, just would question whether he'd have the stamina). That would be the best, and IMO the ONLY match suitable for Rock vs. Cena at Wrestlemania. Give those two guys the last hour of the show and let them produce pure wrestling gold for the ages.

You can't tell me there would be a better match setting than the Iron Man match.

They could sell out of WM tickets in less than two hours TODAY, without any other matches on the card, if they announced that would be the headline match (Rock vs. Cena in an Iron Man Match)

Last edited:
Sin Cara = Rey 2.0

Rock vs Cena wrestlemania a year in advance announcement - supper lame

I get sad everytime i see stone cold - it's like im seeing my childhood idol's get older and older..... (which tells me im getting older)

But i did wish Stone cold would of stunned them all

I haven't been into wrestling since The Rock and Stone Cold left, but a couple of wkends ago, I watched the top 50 Wrestlers of All-Time by WWE and I was pissed they left out "The Ultimate Warrior".