Street Fighter X Tekken

Oh snap, you never used gems BBBLP? That means my wins were fraudulent :( Next time we play, I gotta unequip mine :laugh:

I'm glad to hear you aren't dropping it completely Shiri; I have way more fun playing with Kzaoo, Yung, BBBLP, and my other friends then I ever do playing ranked.

mkray i hate reading frame data too

*Looks around for Critical* I think that's the number one problem with SFXT. People do not that the time to learn it

Math scares me, so when I start seeing numbers that have plus or minus beside them, I freak out :rofl:

Yeah, I agree, people don't take time to learn, yet they scream for nerfs instead of learning to overcome things.

I promise you guys it's not that hard if you take a second to really understand it.

It's simple addition subtraction. There is not dividing, or factoring, or some crazy times by the reciprocal.

You got

Start up (Execution frames)

That's how long it takes for your move from the time you hit your button til the time it hits your opponent.

You got active frames (which isn't measured in MK it's kinda hard to do that through deduction) which is how long yoru hitbox stays out.

MK all you really need is

execution (Startup frames)

Block advantage/hit advantage

If something is -10 frames on block. That means your open for 10 frames. Then all you gotta do is look at the execution of your character and find something 9 frames(Execution/startup) or less to punish it with.

Simple really.

You may have been confused by me and vitals -1 talk. But that's because sometimes you gotta factor in reaction time, and that's unmeasurable because everyones different.

So after you go through frame data, does it just become second nature, or is it like something you constantly have to remind yourself of? Or does it just depend on the player?

So after you go through frame data, does it just become second nature, or is it like something you constantly have to remind yourself of? Or does it just depend on the player?

Eventually it becomes Muscle memory... Well for me it did. Only for Mileena though.

Dont listen to vital he's on drugs. Dunno how remembering frame data is muscle membory.

It becomes second nature once you REALLY understand it.

You'll start remembering moves and how many frames of startup it has. Like if you have problems with a string. you go check the frame data. Find out how to punish it. And BAM. It's embedded in your mind that "This move, beats that move or that string"

When I see frame data I press the red X button in the upper right-hand corner of my monitor :]

I don't want to learn all that lol :p

It's not as hard as it looks mang.

Trust me.

I can explain in lamens terms. You've seen me do it in the past. I only just RECENTLY learned how to read frame data. I never bothered before. I just tested crap in the lab.

But now that I understand. Everything is like the sunrise. I can see everything in a beautiful glow. I can see what works/doesn't work w/o even touching my remote.

like i said if you look confused at something just ask and I'll explain in lamen terms I don't mind.

I can break it down and use pictures if you need it, or videos.

1 second divided by 60 frames = 16.6 milliseconds per frame,

My reaction time was .25 that's 250 milliseconds

250 divided by 16.6

So my reaction time is 15 frames. holy crap that's slower than I thought lol

tell me which numbers you want to use and i'll convert them for you into frames.