New "ALITY", what could be?

I'd be alright with animalities if they were secret like Babalities, but to reveal them? It just seems weird.
I hope that there are some secrets in MKX, that's one of the best parts about a new MK game. You never know what insane secrets there are to find.

"You win! Congrats Slut." :rofl:

That game looks like complete garbage, but that made me laugh at least lol

I can actually almost guarantee that the "new" -ality WILL in fact be Brutalities returning. Ed has already confirmed it is NOT a new ality, but in fact they are "reinstating" an old fatality! I remember Ed saying in an MK9 interview that they were working on Brutalities for MK9, but ultimately they had to scrap the idea due to time constraints... so you see, the idea was already in place, and now they can complete its motion to a playable state! Also there was a "Brutality" phrase the announcer says in MK9. Its a hidden audio file on the games disc...

MK9 Brutality audio file
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb3RXxPKByw (0:29 into the video)

I wonder how they'll be implemented.

Will they be the hyper fast beatdowns of UMK3?
Or will they focus more on X-Ray shots?

I wonder how they'll be implemented.

Will they be the hyper fast beatdowns of UMK3?
Or will they focus more on X-Ray shots?

hmmm probably both, hyper fast beatdowns with the final shot being an x-ray makes them explode?

So people exploding again from repeated pounding?
Yay, can't wait if it's still that.
Not.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I can actually almost guarantee that the "new" -ality WILL in fact be Brutalities returning. Ed has already confirmed it is NOT a new ality, but in fact they are "reinstating" an old fatality! I remember Ed saying in an MK9 interview that they were working on Brutalities for MK9, but ultimately they had to scrap the idea due to time constraints... so you see, the idea was already in place, and now they can complete its motion to a playable state! Also there was a "Brutality" phrase the announcer says in MK9. Its a hidden audio file on the games disc...

MK9 Brutality audio file
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb3RXxPKByw (0:29 into the video)
After watching the IGN interview, it seems like there is a good chance it may be Animalities. I just got the Animality vibe because he mentioned Brutalities, and Friendships in the interview. But I hear you mean, I hope Brutalitites make a return in MKX :). I was pretty bummed when MK9 was released and brutalities were not in the game, especially after seeing the X-Rays and hearing the Brutality announcer clip. It would be cool to see how they are implemented if they do make it in the game.

I honestly don't want to see Animalities, but if it is then I hope that that shit actually makes sense.
No more Scorpion turning into a penguin and Reptile turning into a monkey.

The only Animality that I've ever found acceptable, though, was Liu Kang's dragon.

I think Brutalities would be a waste of time, considering how many of the modern day Fatalities involve multiple blows. Watching someone get beaten to the point where there's holes in them, dismemberment, etc. would look no different from a Fatality, just without special abilities.

Animalities would be pretty cool if they do it correctly like Araknyd said. All in all as some have pointed out, I wish it was an all new -Ality and not a reimagining of a former one.

With that said, can someone provide me with a quote or link, etc. where Boon said that it won't be a brand new thing?

I'm pretty pissed at Ed right now. The whole time from the start is sounded like it was going to be a completely new ality, not something we've already seen before. And now all of a sudden he tells us it's going to be just that? Not saying it would be bad to have back Brutalities or Animalities, but I was really hoping for something entirely new.

And as for Animalities... Looking back, most of them were dumb. I really have to get this off my chest. Maybe the idea behind them is good, but the way they looked back then was terrible and for some characters they even didn't make sense. If they're going to bring them back, I hope only for certain characters. Characters, where it makes some sense - Liu turning into a dragon, etc. I don't want to see Mileena or Cassie turn into a teddy bear. This isn't Animorphs, neither is this Power Rangers.