Game mechanics you'd like to see in Injustice

Kzaoo

Well first and foremost i'd like to see an infinite prevention system. Also i'd like to see it use a sort of burst icon thing, like in Blazblue, if you don't know what that is they can be used like breakers, they send your opponent flying across the screen but they inflict no damage to your opponent, you can also use these in attacking situations and you can combo your opponent after it. The reason I want something like this is because it would allow you to break out of blockstring infinites so they are less of an issue (however still an issue) untill they get patched. You would only get one per round, like Blazblue.
Share what mechanics you would like to see here!

I want the meter system from MK9 back, and frame data after the game releases. I would really hate to see a comback mechanic (X-factor, Pandora, Ultras) so leave them out.

Put durability on the Stage items so people can't abuse them, and I want a stamina system similar to Street fighter to add more depth into the game.

Stamina?

Nah son, I want this game to have speed.
Plus less MK Style juggles and more MvC type air combos.
They're flashier, and this game looks to be all about its looks.
Also defensive arena moves. If someone wants to launch Batmobile missiles at you, grab a one-time shield off of Batman's arsenal wall thing

Yea, the game could have both and I'm all for defensive arena moves or an option to turn them on or off when searching for a Player or Ranked match.

I dunno about the MvC3 combos in this game. I mean yea the specials look flashy and all, but the game has that Dark and gritty look to it and I don't think it would fit. MvC3 has that Cartoon Art style to it, That's just how I feel though.

Last edited:
I don't mean the bright supernovas every time you hit the opponent.
I mean the combos will take place higher in the air rather than juggling them standing on the ground.

I don't mean the bright supernovas every time you hit the opponent.
I mean the combos will take place higher in the air rather than juggling them standing on the ground.

Oh... :oops:

Yea, I could see that working.

^^ I don't think finishers have a place in this game. A corny catch phrase would do the trick.

I really want them to use the wake-up system from mk9 but improve it by making the input easier. Like just holding back instead of pressing back 10 times.

Okay the combo system is most likely going to be just like mk9 so an infinite prevention system isn't that necessary imo. I don't think we should think stage items are abuse able until there's game play for all we know they could be hella unsafe on block and only used in casual play. i also hope they keep the game offence heavy. They made the meter so well in mk9 I'm sure if they put a comeback mechanic in this game it'll make sense and add to the game.

I also would like to see them use the meter from mk9. We'll know what kind of meter they use on Monday so... I can't wait! (There should be half an hour of injustice gameplay from gttv. It's the first thing being streamed.)

I hope the game has strings you can cancel like in mk9. I hope it uses a block button with 4 attack buttons and a grab.

I pray to all the Gods they use 2d collision boxes. Maybe have trades as well.

I want each character to have a different dash and walk speed again. And this time around a different jump arc would be cool also.

I would like a meter system (which I believe will be in) and FINISHERS!

A finisher isn't a gameplay mechanic...

I'd love combos to be like links and i'd like to see jump cancels and the ability to use more than one move in the air at a time.

I would like to see a parry system; on the meta level, I think it would add so much to the pressure tactics. I mean poking out is cool but shifting momentum in a close quarter trade sounds epic. IMO

If they do add this, Every characters NJP, NJK, Jip, and JK would have different properties right, or at least look different?

I'm confuzzled. What do you mean? Like when a shoryuken trades in SfxT the opponent goes flying and you stagger slightly, or NJPs will look different in general?

EDIT: I understand now, I don't think that has to be the case, although it would be nice.

Not so sure about a parry system.

This game most likely uses button-block instead of holding back.
We don't want another MKA parry system where you had a massive window of time to parry.
Third Strike had the perfect parry imo because not only did you have to stop blocking, but you had to press forward to parry.
So it wasn't a throw it out there and hope for the best thing. You needed to read like a master to get them off.

I'm confuzzled. What do you mean? Like when a shoryuken trades in SfxT the opponent goes flying and you stagger slightly, or NJPs will look different in general?

EDIT: I understand now, I don't think that has to be the case, although it would be nice.

I mean when you are presented with a pressure situation like the 1.....1......1,1...1,1,2 but instead of a block or a poke you parry whiffing the oppenents attack for enough time to apply your pressure and gain the advantage.

Not so sure about a parry system.

This game most likely uses button-block instead of holding back.
We don't want another MKA parry system where you had a massive window of time to parry.
Third Strike had the perfect parry imo because not only did you have to stop blocking, but you had to press forward to parry.
So it wasn't a throw it out there and hope for the best thing. You needed to read like a master to get them off.

Yes, the Third Strike parry is the perfect example of what I am suggesting!

they want this game to be causal friendly. I doubt there's a good parry system that is beginner friendly so I doubt it will be in the game.

BUT maybe a generic Johnny Cage esque X-ray for all the characters would work? Like with three bars you could use your "X-Ray" or your parry thing? Just a thought.

I mean when you are presented with a pressure situation like the 1.....1......1,1...1,1,2 but instead of a block or a poke you parry whiffing the oppenents attack for enough time to apply your pressure and gain the advantage.

Hmm? I know what a parry is, I was replying to ViTal. I don't think parrying would suit this game much unless they did it like tekken (d/f universal parry).

they want this game to be causal friendly. I doubt there's a good parry system that is beginner friendly so I doubt it will be in the game.

BUT maybe a generic Johnny Cage esque X-ray for all the characters would work? Like with three bars you could use your "X-Ray" or your parry thing? Just a thought.

I was thinking of something like that.

1 Bar EX

2 Bar Parry

3 Bar Breaker Maybe?