How Serious Do You Like Your Games?

How Serious you like your games?

• Maximum seriousness. I'm not playing around.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Pretty serious. Can have a few funnies in there.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Serious storyline but the gameplay can make you laugh sometimes [ex. Dead Rising]

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Both

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Funnier. I get a kick out of the laughs.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Completely humorous. Not trying to get all into the story and start crying.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 150% unserious. I only enjoy the best of comedy!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SERIOUS?! WHERE'S MAH DILDO BAT AT?!

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Well, it all depends on the game to me. I wouldn't mind seeing Mortal Kombat have a couple of lulz in there. But not a game like Arkham.

Well, it all depends on the game to me. I wouldn't mind seeing Mortal Kombat have a couple of lulz in there. But not a game like Arkham.

I think the thread is asking in general, what kind of games you like. Not how serious/funny you want a game to be.

But regardless I agree with you Aldo lol.

We played Just Cause 2 and like seven glitches happened in 5 minutes. He was like "STOP BREAKING MY GAME!!!"

:rofl:

Just Cause 2 is meant for you to f**k around with it, and break shit.
I hook up boats to airplanes, cars to boats and just screw around with it in general.
It's not meant to be taken serious.

A game like Arkham City should stay serious

But Mortal Kombat? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll naw

Mortal Kombat should stay serious as well.
Sure, the friendships and babalities have become common place due to previous games, but in general NRS should keep the serious and brutal feel of MK9 for future MK games.

I have no preference when it comes to comical or serious themes. It's all about the how the it is handled in the context of the game.

You're telling me that Deadpool, Felicia, Frank West, Chris, and Hulk don't make you laugh in MvC3?

Blanka, Dan, Sakura, and Zangief don't make you smile in SF?

Kuma, Lee, Roger Jr., Mashall Law, and Let don't make you chuckle in Tekken?

YOU GOT NO SENSA HUMOR lol

Bish I do have a SENSA HUMOR :mad:

I just put all jokes aside and focus while playing =/

screenlg1.jpg

vs
saints_row_the_third-dildo.jpg

I enjoy both sides of the serious vs silly spectrum.

LOL I dunno if I'd actually consider Gears of War to be that serious, despite the 'gritty' tone of it. The 'high tech' soldier/marine guys have effin' CHAINSAWS attached to their rifles! CHAINSAWS! That's one of the silliest things ever. In an age where they could probably attach god damn lasers to their guns they go with chainsaws lmfao. It's a fun and awesome game.. Don't get me wrong. But serious? No. And I think that's what Cliff likes.

Mortal Kombat should stay serious as well.
Sure, the friendships and babalities have become common place due to previous games, but in general NRS should keep the serious and brutal feel of MK9 for future MK games.

Yup. I like friendships and babalities, but all future MK games need to be serious and brutal.

Yup. I like friendships and babalities, but all future MK games need to be serious and brutal.

I disagree. I disagree in that they don't need to be serious. They're perfectly fine being silly. Especially with characters like Johnny Cage or Rain who is a joke in and of himself. The whole idea of Mk is pretty silly to be honest. Brutally killing eachother for peace. Okay... Honestly though, I don't mind either way. I loved the dark semi-realism of MK:REBIRTH (Legacy was.. Okay. But I feel like the Kitana/Mileena section killed it.), but I also love the fantasy silliness of traditional MK. I don't care either way. But I'd prefer the traditional route. I just feel like most games are laughable when they try to be too 'serious' or 'brutal'

I disagree. I disagree in that they don't need to be serious. They're perfectly fine being silly. Especially with characters like Johnny Cage or Rain who is a joke in and of himself. The whole idea of Mk is pretty silly to be honest. Brutally killing eachother for peace. Okay... Honestly though, I don't mind either way. I loved the dark semi-realism of MK:REBIRTH (Legacy was.. Okay. But I feel like the Kitana/Mileena section killed it.), but I also love the fantasy silliness of traditional MK. I don't care either way. But I'd prefer the traditional route. I just feel like most games are laughable when they try to be too 'serious' or 'brutal'

I probably should have said, that I want MK to be a M-rated game.

By serious, I don't mean that there can't be any comedy relief, but I don't want MK to go back to T-rating.

I like both serious and funny but I actually like serious games more. Games like Heavy Rain. ****, is that game ever amazing.

I like my games serious to an extent, like Mario needs to have humor in it to make it epic. Then theirs zelda that works a lot better if it's serious with minimal amounts of comedy. If it's a game like God of War or Mass Effect will usually work better if it has no comedy what so ever.

Last edited:
For me it depends on the game. Like for example I love wacky, crazy games like Saints Row and Bullet Storm. Then I love games like Gears of War where the game is serious, but it has it's humor at the sametime. There are also games like RE who annoys me when they try to be funny, but it just comes out cheesy and lame. I wish they would leave the cheesiness out of RE games. But I like serious games to like Elder Scrolls, Yakuza, or Heavy Rain. So it depends on the game itself.

I loved the dark semi-realism of MK:REBIRTH (Legacy was.. Okay. But I feel like the Kitana/Mileena section killed it.), but I also love the fantasy silliness of traditional MK. I don't care either way. But I'd prefer the traditional route. I just feel like most games are laughable when they try to be too 'serious' or 'brutal'

Video-games and movies are 2 totally different animals though.
Dark-and-gritty in an MK universe would feel like SAW, which is exactly what MK: REBIRTH felt like.
Had is not been for the black, doctor-gone-mad Baraka fighting against Johnny Cage, I would have thought it was a horror film.
And even the way that they explained Baraka implanting himself with the blades is something straight up out of SAW, The Human Centipede or another like-minded horror film.

MK films need a good balance between realism and magical \ mystical, in order to capture that same essence that was present in the games.
Legacy was perfect in that aspect with the Sub-Zero \ Scorpion, Mileena \ Kitana and Raiden episodes.
The ideal MK movie universe, IMO, would be a Lord Of The Rings type universe, but more violent.

Last edited:
I actually like serious games more. Games like Heavy Rain. ****, is that game ever amazing.

true. But spamming "JASON!!!" at the mall is pretty funny though.

AMES32 said:
If it's a game like God of War or Mass Effect will usually work better if it has no comedy what so ever
god of War was kinda funny. Being able to **** those 2 girls over and over again without having to take a break is pretty funny.
Not to mention some of Kratos' lines are unintentionally funny when he screams a normal sentence.

I LiEK BoTh. BuT nAwT 2 extErmE CoS SuM GmAes LiEk da tI DnT LiEK.
DkuE Nuekem = GeI CoZ iT LiEkMto StuPid
RE = It GuD gmae buT iDnT LiEk coz it sErioUz BuT It Iz ReLLi GuDI Gvie t da

I LiEK BoTh. BuT nAwT 2 extErmE CoS SuM GmAes LiEk da tI DnT LiEK.
DkuE Nuekem = GeI CoZ iT LiEkMto StuPid
RE = It GuD gmae buT iDnT LiEk coz it sErioUz BuT It Iz ReLLi GuDI Gvie t da

What? õ___ó

F.Y.I. I am well versed in the art of stupidity...

Last edited:
What? õ___ó

F.Y.I. I am well versed in the art of stupidity...

I sry i no type big and small no mroe. but i cn't help spell becos i i no gud at it. i liek game dat too serious becos it get bornig 4 me and i no like gmae dat no serious at all. i reli sry for spel i hav lern difficolty nd i didnt go schol much cos i was very ill kid so it hard 4 me but i try so pleese try understant me i try to lern

I sry i no type big and small no mroe. but i cn't help spell becos i i no gud at it. i liek game dat too serious becos it get bornig 4 me and i no like gmae dat no serious at all. i reli sry for spel i hav lern difficolty nd i didnt go schol much cos i was very ill kid so it hard 4 me but i try so pleese try understant me i try to lern

Well now, don't I feel like an ass.