Kabal Thread - "Let's See What You're Made Of!"

I really wouldnt call that OP if you cant decent damage from punishing a special, Its the same way with punishing SZ's Slide, You cant U+4 because it starts up slow and the slide recovers faster, but you can 2,4 into your combo the most i can get off a 2,4 starter is about 20-26% its not much but better than nothing at all right? to punish you dont have to get the most damage possible.

i have no problem punishing mileena with johnny,and jax.. just straight to jab combo..
and i've learnt how to better punish her with shang.. but i hate that match up sooooo bad...

but ivitals right, you dont have to get max damage from every punish,
some moves you cant punish, others you can full punish,and some partial punish

punishpunishpunish..

Lol i hate the shang match up, i never play him so i have no experience fighting him then again i never ran into few decent shangs. <_<

iViTal is in denial :p

Mileena is THE most OP character in the game... anyone know what expert mileena plays like? its damn near impossible to hit her. and my record online is 280/200 so not like im a scrub or anything.

i main cyrax / reptile / sub zero / cyber sub zero(main main)

and USED to use MILEENA / smoke / scorpion / sektor / ermac

out of ALL those mains i used over my mk playing so far mileena is the EASIEST by sooooooooo far its quie unbelievable. heck you could lliiiiiterally be a great avoider and jus block the whole time and punish when you can with teleports or sais and youll win... oh but wait... she ALSO has that effing ball roll which is ridiiiiiculously overpowered.

aaaaaaand.... you cant freakin run from what all the top mortal kombat tournament players say about her... you just cant... oh wait...

YOU can cause you are iViTal :p

just stop denying it man...

oh and let me throw in as well... i dont even think about playing with mileena anymore cause of how incredibly boring it is to play her and shes just so damned OP that it doesnt even feel good to win with her... you really oughta move on to a more respectable player man

ummm..wow lol. Mileena is NOT op. AT ALL. am I the one who noticed that mileena is the ONLY character in the game who has NOT been touched in ANY patch/hotfix? she is fine lol...she is balanced. her d4 is punishable on whiff, teleport is UNSAFE even after she throws a sai, ex teleport is UNSAFE even after she throws a sai, roll is hella punishable, etc lol. The key to beating mileena is to be patient, bait and punish. Just simply get the life lead, then turtle. mileena has no choice but to come to you and in that case, you can bait and punish.

I do believe Mileena is the best character in the game, even better than Kabal. Mileena beats Kabal IMO since she can counter his zoning with a teleport. Plus, Mileena is the only character in the game that has a move that prevents wakeups, and its 100% safe :)

And mileena is easy to use...if you're a noob. Any advanced mileena player can tell you mileena is not that easy to use, since she is a very risky character. Incorporate her reset, Juggles, iafs, the PROPER way of using ball roll, her wake-up prevented, and other tactics into your gameplay and you wont be telling anyone that she is easy to use.

I have trouble with the Nomad dash cancel pressure string, any tips?

ah gosh i've given up on incorporating it into my style..

its easy to do once, twice.. but doing it consistantly is hard.. and thats the only time its useful.

sorry cant think of any tips but practice!

Lol i hate the shang match up, i never play him so i have no experience fighting him then again i never ran into few decent shangs. <_<

you hate the shang matchup!? its heavily in your favour.. i dont know the actual matchup numbers..
i hate it, simple as that hahah, i cant start up any fireball pressure coz of that telekick!!

that being said i can punish the tele with a fireball combo ( 1, f4 3 4, df4, ex df 4, du2) or just (1,1,1 2,soul steal)

how did this kabal thread get so distracted with mileena??? hhaa

wats op?? and yh kabal is very difficult 2 master!! b4 i could do the f,3,2 dsh cancel most of the time but now it juss wiffs on the left side everytime, after b,1,2,1 f,4. i even wait alittle bit longer wile opps in stun because of recovery from f,4 and it still wiffs everytime!! the excicution of his moves have to be so pricise!! im now using another ch besides him!! 2 hard!! hes still my fav tho!! i hope 2 one day play him like on-line tony!! dose, hes a pro!!

OP: Over powered, or very unbalanced. I agree, I think Kabal is the most technical character in the game. I mean anyone can play a standard Kabal, But unleashing his full potential takes practice :)

been trying to fit 3 b+1, 2, 1 in a combo.

my thought b1,2,1 xx 1 xx b1,2,1 xx f4 , nomad dash b1,2,1.

this is a windscreen someone should try and finish this

Kabal, is a medium powered fighter (like scorpion) but has the speed (hitting, kicking) of Baraka, and the speed of specials like smoke. So in a way Kabal is a mix of all three types, slow/fast/medish speed. Easy to get 8 hit combos with, also east to get any special of his into a combo (speed dash can be a bit tricky if your not fast enough). I lost twice my entire life with Kabal out of 200 matches online.So ive found, only to do speed dash if you can get it into a combo, like three hit, speed dash, then something else and maybe something else after that. Cause if you use speed dash to much, its easy to block kaba, then he gets stunned for like a second, then your opponent has free reign over you, so IF you are trying to get to your opponent for a free hit, do the saw blade, most people arent waiting for it to come out. Also, watch out for people that have dashes because they easily exploit Kabal's slow, slow slow, fast style. Like Reptile, Sub Zero and cyber, Skarllet,noob, scorpion, and sang tsung. These are reallistly the only players Kabal can have problems beating. I know Ive yapped for a hell of a long time. If you found my basic knowledgge helpfull, i hope you can use it.

I'm loving this corner combo for Kabal.

20 hits 40%: JIP, B+121, NJP, Gas Blast (whiffs for meter), B+121, B+121, B+121, NDC (whiff for meter) F+4 Nomad Dash, F+4 Tornado Slam.

It will put them back into the corner also. No meter spent and a little gained. 40% of their health gone and also some block pressure. It also usually makes them rage quit if you play online.

For those of you who aren't good at NDC'ing, B+1 and B+12 are the easiest strings to use in my opinion. What helped me a lot is looking at the controller and seeing what I have to do physically to get the muscle memory down for it. For a B+1 NDC there are three steps. Press B+1, then F+4. then B+Block. If you play on a pad, notice that both of your thumbs are on the button to the west, then they both move to the button on the east, then your left thumb goes back to the west but your right hand presses the block button.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I've just recently picked up Kabal, and I'm loving him. I've spent about a week on him (Online and Offline), and I'm really starting to get the hang of it. I use the standard Dual Shock 3 controller, just in case anyone was wondering. I recorded a small demonstration of myself, performing the N.D.C. mix-up here:

I intent to make a full in-depth tutorial for it this week, including commentary. If anyone is interested in learning Kabal at a very high level, you may want to consider taking a look!

P.S. This is my first post! :)

Last edited:
Hey guys. I've just recently picked up Kabal, and I'm loving him. I've spent about a week on him (Online and Offline), and I'm really starting to get the hang of it. I use the standard Dual Shock 3 controller, just in case anyone was wondering. I recorded a small demonstration of myself, performing the N.D.C. mix-up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNXNcPGS4wU. I intent to make a full in-depth tutorial for it this week, including commentary. If anyone is interested in learning Kabal at a very high level, you may want to consider taking a look!

P.S. This is my first post! :)

Welcome to the forums. ;D

That video is great, I wish I was that good with the cancels. I'll definitely be checking out your tutorial, don't forget to post it here.