God Of War: Ascension

Since kratos is locked in "a Titan sized prison" and has to deal with the furies I think this time his human side will be shown by how he reacts to them throwing everything he has done in his face until he clears out the place and escapes. The furies are a trio known to be *****es to people who brake oaths he will probably be taunted by them invoking his raw emotions and such much like the flashbacks in GoW 1. But since they also have various other deal breakers locked up there he will have plenty of fodder to rip apart on his way.

Since kratos is locked in "a Titan sized prison" and has to deal with the furies I think this time his human side will be shown by how he reacts to them throwing everything he has done in his face until he clears out the place and escapes. The furies are a trio known to be *****es to people who brake oaths he will probably be taunted by them invoking his raw emotions and such much like the flashbacks in GoW 1. But since they also have various other deal breakers locked up there he will have plenty of fodder to rip apart on his way.

He'll most likely not fight them because he never broke the oath he made. He still did Everything he was asked to do even so far as to fight the champions of the other gods Poseidon and Hades to deliver the potion the the king of Sparta so he (the king) could live again and Kratos could save his daughter form dying from a skin condition and the baby toss.

The trailer shows him being bound to the blades of chaos (the items used in god of war 1) not being held prisoner and the blood at the end of it isn't him breaking free from Ares but cutting off the head of the Barbarian prince (Hades champion) at the beginning of gow1. The time before he was the Ghost of Sparta refers to the time set between the comics and the first half of gow1. Aka the ten years he was the servant of the gods and became the Ghost. So most likely we'll see the village in Athens where he killed his family and see what really happened like in Gos with Athena, Ares and Deimos. In this edition he'll be a father and husband which are the only two things that he ever showed emotion in. Unless I'm missing something I'm going with that..

if y'all need any info or have any new info feel free to jot them down. :)

Last edited:
That's kool and all but they said they arn't following the comics story its set 6 months after he killed his wife and daughter and that the furies have him imprisoned for breaking off his ties to ares.

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/god-of-war-ascension-ps3.html

Now i not saying we won't see some pre-ashed up kratos cut scenes or game play but the meat of the story isn't about him working for ares or running errands for the gods its him being tormented and punished. I was down for a lead up to his epic fail against the barbarians but it is a bit late for that since he already has the blades and has already killed his family my guess is this time frame would be between serving ares and him serving the gods to pay for what he did.

Damn bro I had not see that thanks :)

But that also messes with the story in gow1 though because he spent years still serving Ares after that, that's why he had the nightmares of what he was forced to do after killing his family? Hmm idk... Meh I don't care I'll play everything they put out like a blind sheep lead to slaughter. lol

One thing I'm almost sure this will end with a seg-way into God of war 4 via a flash back or dream or something. lol Damn I can't wait :)

Last edited:
Well its 6 months after he killed his family and its not like ares had him kill his family right off the bat so there is time before he killed them and a bit after. Honestly what I think about GoW4 and its ties to this game is that it probly has something to do with the part of GoWIII where kratos is inside his mind and has to forgive everything he has done. Fear kratos appears in the new trailer chained up (exactly the same way as the flashback parts of GoWIII show before he falls into the river styx) if this is meant to sort of hint at what kratos is going thru after he killed him self and that this game could be a set up for what will be next. I don't want to speculate until i play this one tho thats just my thoughts thus far hell we havn't seen any single player yet (except for that stage from the multiplayer was mentioned to be from single player in the live stream) so ill just sit back and wait for news to trickle out.

I can't Wait I want this now. :laugh:

Damn bro you shall be my miny me. lol

Yeah What I really want them to do Is not have Kratos be to humanized. He needs to have that cold animalistic side to him, the way I think they should do it is show the pain of losing his wife and child an have the pain turn to hate, the hate turn to anger and then ultimately Rage by the end of the game. Kratos should never cry or smile. I just hope they do it right.

the whole page is me and you we maybe discouraging others. :laugh:

New info
Part of Kratos' In game model
306165_264855103612746_100002647740651_517542_1922840566_n.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to discourage anyone from posting here in fact I hope that we keep the page fresh on here so that other people see it and stop in to add to it. But seriously I'm not anyone's "miny me" I appreciate the thanks and the notion of friendship I'm a bit of a lone wolf/eccentric hermit type and the only buddy type shit I do is with my band mate (I play bass he plays guitar so we stay in tune). Also I got to thinking after my last post about the weapon system in this game is said to be "revamped" and supports secondary weapons that a segment with pre-BoC kratos could still be playable and work fine (look at the chain blade free multiplayer working great) however idk how it would work with the given time frame that they set it in, maybe flashbacks or sumthin.

I love the customization options and such its way better than everyone having to pick from a list of gods or whatever to play as (even tho i would love to play as hades) i just hope they have an offline mode to practice in and mess with stuff i like to get a feel for the maps on my own. I tried asking todd papy about online clans/groups to join or whatever but alas he never answered...

But I can't wait for this game especially the SP part this game looks great so far.

Ames is going to love this! ;-)

I already do. I do have some gripes about the multiplayer pre-order skins though. They're to over the top and out there in my opinion. God of war's design simplicity was one tie it had to the actual ancient greek culture. Now with these heavily armored Mp Skins it seems they're going more into the fantasy side of the time period. And I'm not sure I'm liking that to much. I still have hope for the single player though. :)

If everyone in MP was running around in loin cloths it would be an awkward sausage fest the armor is there to give customization options and what not. Sure they could use trimmed down costumes to look more barbaric (which im sure you can still do if you so choose). I think the costumes are a bit much tho I like the orion set minus the shoulder parts.

That's not what I'm saying though. Armor is one thing, but when they start adding thing's like that horn thing on the Perseus Armor and the shoulder pads on the Orion's Armor. It just seems so outta place in a game where realism (in terms of the characters being most of the way nude), has been a key point in character design.

I agree the concepts are a departure from the GoW norm in the pre-order set but some of the other ones already shown are straight from GoW III. The very 1st set of armor shown was a Poseidon themed set that was very minimalist so I'm willing to be a lot of the on-disc sets are more in line with GoW style where as these pre-order ones are outlandish trophies for those who commit to purchasing early.