Xbox 360/PS3 versions of MKX cancelled

^ So if someone already have PS3/360 and is happy with it, you suggest them to sell these consoles or keep them and buy 400$+ console for one game?? lol

Oh my God. These people who can't afford current gen systems could have saved up enough money by now to upgrade or at least be close to doing so. When the PS4 and XBONE came out, it was only a matter of time before a new addition to their favorite series was announced. I refuse to believe that they couldn't save up enough money to purchase one of these systems. They don't cry about spending 60 dollars on a single game... so why cry about saving up for a new console? Stop buying games for a system that is no longer relevant and you'll have yourself a PS4 or XBONE in no time.

It's money, people. Figure it out. I'm noticing (on other sites) that a lot of the complaining is coming from people who aren't old enough to purchase the game on their own anyway. Which I have even less sympathy for. If you're an adult who can save up for a game that's 60 dollars, you're an adult who can save up for a new system. It'll take time, but hey... That's life. We rarely ever get sh** when we want it.
Explan how suomeone is supposed to save up under THESE circumstances.

dfe477a570d535a170df34b17af0b121.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

So much for Trash's bullshit on defending WB about PC version's awful state while he wants a lawsuit against them because of cancelled last-gen port.

Either double-standards or the trolling is getting weaker.

The PC doesn't count as a pure gaming platform because it's supposed to be used to pay your taxes and educate your children.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

It's easy to say "Just save up money, you're an adult," but that's completely different from actually being able to do it. It should be especially harder for people who no longer live with their parents as their money has to go to bills, kids, ect. People like me who are in college don't really have that kind of luxury, Job or not. Since buying the PS4, I've only played around maybe 11 games for it, and that's only because I resold some of my PS4 games for indie titles or 2 games sold for 1.

lol @ "Immense backlash"

Everybody is going to forget about Last Gen players when NRS teases Alien, or whoever else, on Monday.

It's easy to say "Just save up money, you're an adult," but that's completely different from actually being able to do it. It should be especially harder for people who no longer live with their parents as their money has to go to bills, kids, ect. People like me who are in college don't really have that kind of luxury, Job or not. Since buying the PS4, I've only played around maybe 11 games for it, and that's only because I resold some of my PS4 games for indie titles or 2 games sold for 1.

This is what I don't get? When the PS3 and 360 where brand new, no one about moving on to next gen systems at the time. However with the PS3 and 360 out now, it's a big issue now. I doubt most 20 - 40 year old gamers at the time had the money to buy a 360 or PS3 when they where new or had the job to do so.

This is what I don't get? When the PS3 and 360 where brand new, no one about moving on to next gen systems at the time. However with the PS3 and 360 out now, it's a big issue now. I doubt most 20 - 40 year old gamers at the time had the money to buy a 360 or PS3 when they where new or had the job to do so.

Define "no one". Because I seem to remember everyone going apeshit over the transition.

Exactly. PS3 during launch was overpriced as hell. It took Sony years to catch up with Xbox 360 both in terms of games, services and price. It wasn't really until the Slim version that PS3 took off.

Also, because of that, not everyone jumped the gun. Many people bought PS3 later. And Xbox 360 as well. I bought a PS3 in 2010 when I knew all the bugs were fixed, there were enough games for it and it didn't cost a fortune. And I'm not going to throw it out the window just because PS4 is here. PS4 has exactly 10 games I'd play on it and still costs quite a lot. I see no reason to get rid of the PS3 when there are still games for it that I haven't finished playing. Plus for new games I have a PC. Many people are in a similar boat. They don't see a reason to get a PS4. And many don't even have a decent PC and have to stick with PS3 for the time being.

Sell your last gen system keep the 60$ that you were gonna buy Mkx with and you are about 3/5 of the way there for a new system.

Sell your last gen system keep the 60$ that you were gonna buy Mkx with and you are about 3/5 of the way there for a new system.

Unless you live in a country that taxes consoles, making them cost over a thousand dollars

I will forgive you for forgetting about the red rings of death and the $600 PS3s. When they stopped making PS2 games, I moved to the Wii. The only reason I got the X-Box 360 was because my parents got it for the low price of $100 and because MKvsDCU came out.

It took me years to save up for a 7th gen console. MKvsDC was my biggest motivation. And by the time I got it, it was already 2 years old and I had watched the story mode on Youtube about 11 times.

I actually so excited for my PS3 than when I went to Gamestop to get it and they told me they were out, I said funk it and got a 360 instead. I wasn't going to wait another week lol.

It is true that ps3 was much more expensive than ps4 when they got released. I was in syria when ps3 was released and it was about 700$. I waited for 2 years to get it for 400$ while the ps4 was 400$ day one.

I think, and obviously could be wrong, as to why no one seemed to care about leaving their old gen systems behind when Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 came out is that not every single game that was coming out were for next gen and old gen, despite that we have it now.

(Like I said, I could be wrong, so if I am, don't jump down my throat please)

It's like, in order for me to play Metal Gear Solid 4, I HAVE to get the next gen system. I don't recall seeing games being made for past gen and current gen when it was Playstation 2 upgraded to 3, and Xbox upgraded to 360.

Now, we have it where companies are still making games for the old gen AND the new gen, which is putting people in a weird funk. It's either they wait and save while dealing with graphics and gameplay that's just for the PS3/360, or they spend for the next gen systems and stay up with what's current. We never really had this kind of a problem before, and now it's becoming a problem.

It's a problem obviously, because you have people who aren't getting the current systems for various reasons. And these gamers are most likely demanding that stuff still gets made for them so that they're not "missing out" on anything. (If that's the right term to use, forgive me, I'm currently unable to sleep right now and it's 1:15 in the morning)

We still have gamers who are using past gen and wanted this game to come out and still want to. I don't blame them. If I was in their shoes, I'd be bummed and pissed (not to a point where I'm going to stop supporting the series, but bummed to where I might not be satisfied with them for a long time) Would it be a little different had Netherrealm/Warner Brothers never made an announcement claiming that they were going to try to make this game for past gen? Possibly, you might have some people getting current gen systems just for this game and it's possible that some users here did that.

But, as I said before and as well as others, they've cancelled this and there's really nothing much else to add on. Making petitions won't work, I doubt they'll read fan mail... I guess sending angry Twitter messages might get through to them.

Who knows, maybe we'll get an answer during the next stream.