Online Problems Thread ~ Stats not updating, etc.

Re: Un-scored online?

I sort of wish there was buuuut too bad. :(
I tell my friends the same thing because I have a personal standard of never having a bad record.

Private match doesn't keep track I think only ranked and player so do that :) or do tag and kick their asses and let your friend finish them off and btw if your friend comes over he should be playing you not some dude/girl on the other side of the country/planet lol AND... your W/L WILL suffer from losses due to lag eventually, mine was pretty great till I started fighting in non regional rooms and lost to people that I've could taken hands down if the lag wasn't there but hey :)

Last edited:

i let my girlfriend play a lot with my user....i dont see there so mutch problem.
for me its just nice to see that :D and good thing is that she wins also most of fights :D

The only fights that I think are really important are ranked ones. The player ones are where I practice, goof around and use random a lot more.

I really wish there was. I get annoyed with my player record a lot, I generally stay in games with people that are better than me, but don't body me in order to learn something. I also do random matches now and then. It annoys me how much that effects my W/L.

eh i think that player matches are more serious just because you can challenge people with high K/Ds and your friends. but with ranked half the time your playing with a rage quiting scrub.

I actually think it would be a good idea to hide one's w/l ratio simply because it would eliminate a sort of discrimination that's been going on lately.

For example: People have been complaining that higher ranking players scout around the beginner's channel looking for new bloods to pick on, while others search and search for a player match, only to be declined because either their ratio is too high or too low. I don't think they should do it like Starcraft 2 did and just make it mandatory to hide everyone's records, but at least make it optional for people that like to surf through the different channels. It'd be a good idea for the next game, or with a decent patch update.

W/L ratio doesn't really matter unless you play ranked matches. Only problem is finding a ranked match for me. I'll sit online and wait for what seems like forever with no success.

Does anyone else wish their was an option to play online with your wins/losses not being scored.
Because alot of times I might have a friend over (who isn't that good) and wants to play MK Online, but I have to tell him, "sorry dude, I don't want to ruin my score"

On a side note, you have a playstation. Just create a free acc for your friend and let him/her play MK and lose as many times as they want.

I agree, pretty stupid that they have leaderboards for player matches. Defeats the whole purpose...

Seems like a psychological trigger :

If you don't see your own ratio, and the one from opponent, you play more relaxed, and, if you get destroyed, you don't care, since will not be recorded in your W/L ratio ....

In other hand, if you play against the same dude, but, knowing that if you lose, will be there, increasing your loss quantity, so, you get nervous, feeling obligated to win anyway, and feeling bad and frustrated if you lose ........

So ....... what is right and wrong in the end ?

XD

I actually think it would be a good idea to hide one's w/l ratio simply because it would eliminate a sort of discrimination that's been going on lately.

For example: People have been complaining that higher ranking players scout around the beginner's channel looking for new bloods to pick on, while others search and search for a player match, only to be declined because either their ratio is too high or too low. I don't think they should do it like Starcraft 2 did and just make it mandatory to hide everyone's records, but at least make it optional for people that like to surf through the different channels. It'd be a good idea for the next game, or with a decent patch update.

Actually I've never thought of this before. But now that I think about it, I would enjoy MK's Online so much better if it didn't display anyone's Wins/Losses, only the game would keep it recorded for ranked matches, but no-one else would be able to see it but you. Because honestly, Since I'm afraid of having a bad score, I play to win, rather then just playing for fun. and think about this, if no-one was worried about their gamer score, then their would be less declines, less rage quitters & drop outs, etc.

Fact is, you can play to win, in tense state or relaxed state, depends what you think at the moment you are playing ........

** If your goal is the management of your W/L ratio status, and you wanna keep the losses the lowest possible, while trying to increase daily the total amount of wins, you are obligated to play under pressure constantly, with high adrenaline and some nervous tension ........... in the end of day, you feel satisfied keeping your 10:1 ratio, and stressful at the same time ...... mental fatigue

or

## If you don't care too much for your personal record, and let the total W/L occur more naturally, checking out just sometimes to see how good/bad you're doing, the tendency it's for ya feel more relaxed and much less feeling under personal pressure. Noticing that you still play to win, doing your combos, your strategies, whatever you know, but, if you lose a match, you don't worry about your ratio .... you know that today you can lose 5/10 matches, but tomorrow, you can win 18 matches and lose only 2 ..... and life goes on.

I play Player, a record I don't give two shits about. Only Ranked is when I get serious.
why bother? theres no difference other than it randomly picks your opponent. They both have win loss records therefore there is no difference between player and ranked. They both have win loss scores that add towards a rank on a leader board. I hope people are joking when they talk about stepping up there game when they play ranked matches.

Personally, I don't care about w/l scores, because I play to play. I'll play people with a great w/l, with a shitty w/l, and a average w/l, I really don't care. I'll win sometimes and lose sometimes (royally if I'm playing a good Subby) and I move on.

I concur with everyone here about the triviality of w/l ratios on player matches, but then again it does kind of become a pain in the ass after awhile, especially when it takes forever to search for opponents. It took me 5 minutes to find one person who was 1-1, and once he saw my record he instantly declined.

I only use player matches for practices with characters Im not familiar with, or as a good warm up before I head over to ranked matches. If everyone is too scared to play because of a silly record, then make it optional to hide it during/before player matches. Ranked should be viewed by all, as you wouldn't play ranked unless you were confident in you're skill level.