walking jab infinite

You weren't entirely wrong. It is avoidable, and very easily. You can counter it by jumping back (most effective way in my opinion) and just getting back up with a quick move (Example is JC's Shadow Kick). Do not allow yourself to get in a corner and you're good, you don't have to worry about this. Hopefully they change this however does kinda suck for the newer players who more than likely will get caught in a corner once in a while.

Jumping back is an option but the jab will still catch you and you'll enter a juggle. I'm going over my buddies house in a bit, I'll test if Scorpion's jab has frame advantage on block once I'm there. If it does this is more than a small problem.

If it does though, this problem could be easily easily fixed. All NRS would have to do is make Scorpion's jab a high attack and make it duckable like JC's.

You weren't entirely wrong. It is avoidable, and very easily. You can counter it by jumping back (most effective way in my opinion) and just getting back up with a quick move (Example is JC's Shadow Kick). Do not allow yourself to get in a corner and you're good, you don't have to worry about this. Hopefully they change this however does kinda suck for the newer players who more than likely will get caught in a corner once in a while.

ok then man, thanks alot, will try this next time i get my hands on the game. hopefully i was simply doing something wrong and this doesn't become an issue in the final version.

Jumping back is an option but the jab will still catch you and you'll enter a juggle. I'm going over my buddies house in a bit, I'll test if Scorpion's jab has frame advantage on block once I'm there. If it does this is more than a small problem.

If it does though, this problem could be easily easily fixed. All NRS would have to do is make Scorpion's jab a high attack and make it duckable like JC's.

If you time it right it won't catch you trust me, I've tried this a bunch of times and I'm still testing it. The infinite is there, but you pretty much have to allow yourself to be put in it.

yea keep me updated man, i wish i had the exact inputs my friend did so you would know how to test it, just experiment my dude. I think he went jab, walk forward 1 step, jab, walk forward 1 step repeat, not sure tho, it may have been two jabs and then walk forward, he may have even been dash canceling i doubt it tho. sorry i don't know enough, i didn't mess around with scorpion like that and when your on the receiving end of a something like this, you can't clearly tell what's going on, you just know it sucks lol. we were messing around with the game just trying different things tho and that happened to be one of them. you'll know it when your caught in it, if you're blocking and it seems like no matter what you press it won't catch him fast enough and you're still getting hit by jabs, more than likely your friend will be doing it right lol

hopefully you figure out something too and we can see where to go from here

yea keep me updated man, i wish i had the exact inputs my friend did so you would know how to test it, just experiment my dude. I think he went jab, walk forward 1 step, jab, walk forward 1 step repeat, not sure tho, it may have been two jabs and then walk forward, he may have even been dash canceling i doubt it tho. sorry i don't know enough, i didn't mess around with scorpion like that and when your on the receiving end of a something like this, you can't clearly tell what's going on, you just know it sucks lol. we were messing around with the game just trying different things tho and that happened to be one of them. you'll know it when your caught in it, if you're blocking and it seems like no matter what you press it won't catch him fast enough and you're still getting hit by jabs, more than likely your friend will be doing it right lol

hopefully you figure out something too and we can see where to go from here

Try the low toe.

Down X

Mash it until he stops being a homo

Sleepy McNaperson, thanks for bringing this to our attention. If it's true that this hasn't been resolved in the PAX build, then it's very worrisome. "Pro" players have tested this game and it would be a bit surprising if they overlooked such an exploitable move (granted, I don't know what their testing process was like and what resources they had access to). A jab that hits special mid AND gives frame advantage sticks out like a sore thumb. This would seriously be a game breaker as far as competitive play goes.

Sleepy McNaperson, thanks for bringing this to our attention. If it's true that this hasn't been resolved in the PAX build, then it's very worrisome. "Pro" players have tested this game and it would be a bit surprising if they overlooked such an exploitable move (granted, I don't know what their testing process was like and what resources they had access to). A jab that hits special mid AND gives frame advantage sticks out like a sore thumb. This would seriously be a game breaker as far as competitive play goes.

It's true this COULD an exploit but has everyone overlooked what I said? Unless you are COMPLETELY
in a corner and I mean way the hell packed in that corner that is the only way this is or could be considered cheap and broken. How many times before in a fighting game have you thought to yourself "man I hope this guy traps me in a corner, I loved being cornered." You didn't then, so why now? I agree they should fix this, but it's not AS bad as everyone is making it seem. Plus remember, this is pretty much the oldest demo of the game. Circus, you can also backdash and avoid this if you don't wanna run the risk of being thrown into a juggle. And yes this works everyone, I've been testing it thoroughly for the past hour.

It's true this COULD an exploit but has everyone overlooked what I said? Unless you are COMPLETELY
in a corner and I mean way the hell packed in that corner that is the only way this is or could be considered cheap and broken. How many times before in a fighting game have you thought to yourself "man I hope this guy traps me in a corner, I loved being cornered." You didn't then, so why now? I agree they should fix this, but it's not AS bad as everyone is making it seem. Plus remember, this is pretty much the oldest demo of the game. Circus, you can also backdash and avoid this if you don't wanna run the risk of being thrown into a juggle. And yes this works everyone, I've been testing it thoroughly for the past hour.

Sorry, but I have to disagree.

1. You may not want to be cornered, but if you are, it shouldn't be game over. I guarantee that players will end up developing strategies that completely revolve around pressuring the opponent to the corner because the payoff is worthwhile. And let's be realistic, even if you're an amazing player, getting trapped in a corner is inevitable. So yes, even this alone makes it broken.

2. So far, you've found two possible escapes: jump back or backdash. With the former, the jab will still connect and a juggle will ensue. Not a very good option. Assuming that these are the only two escapes, what does that leave you with? Backdash. Now, if you're a Scorpion player and you're busting out these jabs, you KNOW that the only way out is for them to backdash. Whether or not Scorpion has a way of punishing a predictable backdash, I don't know. But either way, the Scorpion player is controlling the pace and has a huge advantage.

3. The fact of the matter is, it's a fast jab that hits special mid and gives frame advantage on block (to the point that he can actually walk forward and throw out another jab). Scorpion can very safely pour on the pressure big time. If your opponent doesn't escape right away (assuming that they can), those walking jabs can quickly turn into a mixup between walk, jab and walk, throw. I'm also guessing that Scorpion's jab works really well to interrupt moves, so as long as he's in range, he can dish it out with very little risk. I'm sorry, but his jab is just too powerful.

Anyway, I do hope that this is fixed. I really want to see a major MK revival.

This isn't possible from what I've seen so far.

Try that on Cage or Sub with the AI set to expert, see how well you do, it will punish that no problem, with a low jab.

Really DCP? I guess that's just another thing that boon lied about. He said you can only perform a breaker mid-combo.

It's kind of a counter if you do it if someone's just hitting you; i.e. you're not IN a combo, just at the first hit of what would/could become a combo. I dunno if they're gonna fix this, but I seriously hope so. I also hope they make breakers harder to pull off, mainly because there's been several times where I've unintentionally done one.

This is a huge problem. Been playing several competitive matches since the demo came out and you have to go through drastic measures to avoid it and/or eat a combo. Since it doesn't seem like there are invincible moves in this MK, you are pretty much stuck or forced into a completely bad situation.

You're not supposed to walk. You just keep doing 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, etc in a rhythm (not the 3 hit string). When I say 1, I'm referring to square.

Johnny Cage also has one with 2, f1. Rinse and repeat.

I believe there should be more pushback on pokes that are blocked similar to other 2D fighters.

There is a topic on blockstun infinites in the demo linked below. If this stuff isn't fixed by launch day, you can kiss MK's chances at a competitive scene goodbye. The sad thing is I really want this game to succeed because it is fun, and outside of the silly stuff I've come across, I feel it has strong potential to be competitive.

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?t=7278

Last edited:
I highly doubt this will be left until release. And even if it is, it won't ruin the competitive scene. They can easily just patch it. We have the technology now where a simple patch can fix a ton of things.

lol DCP I actually like to be in the corner XD I play as Sub-Zero and I like to play defensively and can usually pull people into combos as they walk to me, or push them out if they jump (man if sub zero got an air grab :D). If I'm feeling too much pressure I freeze, Ice Clone, slide, uppercut, etc. And if you are a person that knows this exists and are really competitive it'd be easy to stand in the corner, spear the opponent to you, jump on the otherside, and begin. And all the fighting advantages cage has are pissing me off. I actually like using him but he's so easy to be rapie(ey?,y?) with.

Edit: And it may not bode well for MK. They've been doing tournaments with the current build and if this gets used like at least twice or so it may hurt Mk's competitive rep.

Corner play does have some advantages I guess. I can see that playstyle as an option especially with Sub. I don't think Cage has any advantages over the rest of the characters. They are all pretty much equal. And people shouldn't be using this build as a means of competition yet, haha.

It is still in the pax build. I haven't tried cage one but it probably is too. From what I can tell the pax demo gameplay is probably from the same time frame as the demo.

It's a giant problem. We all want the game to succeed and of course it's a demo but this sets off alarm bells. Trying to downplay it doesn't help. Let's be honest about the game. NRS needs constructive criticism not damage control.

PLEASE READ

Okay. I tested it out with my friend.
I want you all to know that frame testing isn't new to me and I know what I'm talking about.
Johnny Cage's frame advantage jab isn't a problem in the slightest. It's part of his gameplay. His jab is a high with frame advantage and could be ducked or low jabbed out of afterward if he feels like doing it again. If you decide to jab Johnny directly after you block his jab, and he decides to do any other move besides jab, your move will beat out Johnny's slower move. This means that Johnny's jab gives at most +1 or +2 on block. Not a big deal at all. Most Tekken characters have this.

Scorpion's jab has frame advantage AND hits people while they are ducking. This is officially a giant game flaw.

If Scorpion jabs at the right time every time, it's impossible to jab out of, low jab out of, low toe kick out of.... his jab also gives around +1 or +2 on block but it doesn't matter. If it hits both high and low guard it is a SEVERELY unbalanced move. If after you read this you still don't think its a big deal, then you're not understanding the gravity of how gamebreaking it is. All Scorpion will have to do to win is jab.

Jumping backwards does not work. The jab will catch you and will enter you into a juggle.

Backdashing works but its excruciating. You have to do a tiny backdash, then block, then do a tiny backdash, then block. If the Scorpion player plays correctly, he'll eventually force the opponent into the corner(if they don't have a teleport) very very quickly and very very effortlessly. Your choices are to die by chip damage, pointlessly try to interrupt him with one of your moves, or get juggled to death by jabs. Period.

This is possibly the first actual exploit found in the demo. Thank Sleepy McNaperson for bringing it to our attention.

We shouldn't worry though. This is easily fixed. They don't even have to change the frames on block for Scorpion's jab, they just need to make it a high attack so it could be ducked. That is all. They don't even have to change the animation of the jab either because it already LOOKS like a high. Even if it makes it into the final build of the game NRS will take it out in no time. It'd be nice if someone made a video of it with an audio explanation stating why its so game breaking and send it to NRS's youtube channel or one of the developer's twitter accounts.

Let it be known though, that this is an actual issue.

EDIT: Sleepy McNaperson, if you want you could quote this post on the original post of the thread. And +rep to you dude for finding this nonsense.

Last edited:
PLEASE READ

Okay. I tested it out with my friend.
I want you all to know that frame testing isn't new to me and I know what I'm talking about.
Johnny Cage's frame advantage jab isn't a problem in the slightest. It's part of his gameplay. His jab is a high with frame advantage and could be ducked or low jabbed out of afterward if he feels like doing it again.

Scorpion's jab has frame advantage and hit people while they are ducking. This is officially a giant flaw.

If Scorpion jabs at the right time every time, it's impossible to jab out of, low jab out of, low toe kick out of....

Jumping backwards does not work. The jab will catch you and will enter you into a juggle.

Backdashing works but its excruciating. You have to do a tiny backdash, then block, then do a tiny backdash, then block. If the Scorpion player plays correctly, he'll eventually force the opponent into the corner(if they don't have a teleport) very very quickly and very very effortlessly. This is possibly the first actual exploit found in the demo. Thank Sleepy McNaperson for bringing it to our attention.

We shouldn't worry though. This is easily fixed. They don't even have to change the frames on block for Scorpion's jab, they just need to make it a high attack so it could be ducked. That is all. This don't even have to change the animation of the jab because it already LOOKS like a high. Even if it makes it into the final build of the game NRS will take it out in no time. It'd be nice if someone made a video of it with an audio explanation stating why its so game breaking and send it to NRS's youtube channel or one of the developer's twitter accounts.

Let it be known though, that this is an actual issue.

NRS just needs to make the jab a high hit only, easily fixed.

But, since the demo is offline only, if anyone does this, just punch them in the face for being a cheapass

EDIT: Does sweeping work?

Last edited: