Can't connect online even though my connection is perfect

Isaiahthedude

I can't seem to get onto MK online. It says that I've lost connection from the 360 to my internet as soon as I try and get on the Multiplayer menu, even though my account is fully connected to live. Is it a problem with Nether-realm or Me?
If any of you guys know let me know, thanks!
Isaiahthedude.

Amazing, I just logged in to post about this issue since I can't connect anymore. Everytime I try to go online the game freezes for a while then I keep receiving error messages. At this point if I go in Challenge Tower I find it got reset, same with unlockable characters (QC and CSZ): fortunately, by deleting my profile and retrieving it again the situation, at least for the offline part, comes back to normal, but online is still unaccessible. I thought I was the only one to have this problem...

I can't seem to get onto MK online. It says that I've lost connection from the 360 to my internet as soon as I try and get on the Multiplayer menu, even though my account is fully connected to live. Is it a problem with Nether-realm or Me?
If any of you guys know let me know, thanks!
Isaiahthedude.

People are there on the PS3 at all times, and it's not laggy for me.

thumbs-up2.jpg

I have the best net conection in the world because im rich and better than jesus. Its impossible for me to have lag. I also enjoy been able to speak every language known to man. I also am that cool i use pointless pictures to get my point across. After posting i sit back smile and revel about how cool i am. Im also like flys to shit whenever a female posts. I may even change my avatar to suit her interests so she has no choice other than to sleep with me. But my net is number 1. MUCH LOVE FROM EGYPT

I have the best net conection in the world because im rich and better than jesus. Its impossible for me to have lag. I also enjoy been able to speak every language known to man. I also am that cool i use pointless pictures to get my point across. After posting i sit back smile and revel about how cool i am. Im also like flys to shit whenever a female posts. I may even change my avatar to suit her interests so she has no choice other than to sleep with me. But my net is number 1. MUCH LOVE FROM EGYPT

I legit LOL'd at this post.

This is the first time you've ever made me laugh Dedamn666

I legit LOL'd at this post.

This is the first time you've ever made me laugh Dedamn666

Couldn't agree more :laugh:

wewpz, double post

<---best net ever

Last edited by a moderator:
me.. too

After todays dash update I NOW CANNOT PLAY MORTAL KOMBAT ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!! IT FREEZES AND TELLS ME MY INTERNET CONNECTION HAS BEEN LOST!! anyone else have this issue.. im in the uk.

me.. too

After todays dash update I NOW CANNOT PLAY MORTAL KOMBAT ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!! IT FREEZES AND TELLS ME MY INTERNET CONNECTION HAS BEEN LOST!! anyone else have this issue.. im in the uk.

Im in the US.. I am having the same issue now but i was playing not to long ago after the xbl update

It's cute and flattering that you're trying to emulate me, but your statement is false.

How is his statement false?

He logs in... it's not laggy for him, and he sees people online all the time.

I mean.. please explain Immortal Reaver how it is false considering you don't even have a PS3 to check this yourself?

Lol, I haven't played MK9 in a while. It still doesn't lag for me. :laugh:

And myself don't experience "laggy" internet with MK9

So he's got more support than just himself

I'm on PS3, up until a month ago I was living in Hong Kong with a not very fast, but reasonable wired 8mb bb, I couldn't get on MK at all, NOT AT ALL, it just told me 'match disconnected' every time I tried to go into a match. I could join rooms and I could chat, I could also online game with SSFIV (bit laggy sometimes), Assassin's Creed, ModNation Racers and many other online games.

My brother who was back in the UK on a 20mb bb could also not get online at all, same issues, although he was trying to fight wirelessly, but SSFIV was perfect, no problems at all.

I am now at my parents in the UK (thankfully temporarily) here I am on a wired 30mb bb and finally I am able to fight matches, but usually I only get one or two ranked fights before it then stops finding opponents and seems to not be connecting correctly. It also still takes ages to connect to the MK servers initially and quite often it seems to drop from them and I have to give up online and return to offline fighting.

The point I'm trying to make is that it doesn't seem to matter entirely what your net situation is, they did a lot of things great with MK2011, but their net coding, or servers, or whatever, was not one of them. Some people seemed to have that perfect set of criteria that gave them no problems, but a huge amount of people didn't. The poor online experience is to many why MK lost players rapidly, they screwed up somewhere quite largely with that and I say this as someone who loves MK, in every other way MK is a more fun fighter than any of the others and I play it far more than I should.

This online problem is still happening! God daaaamn...WTF Just when I get a great connection for two weeks straight this crap starts up all over again. Can someone please tell NRS to fire Gamespy.

You know if it appears no ones online, if you refresh the rooms it often brings more rooms full of people up. It seems to work in the EU at the moment

MK and Ghostbusters are the only games I've been able to play online. Sure, sometimes I have issues (read "Game Session is No Longer Available"), but I've been able to enjoy the game.

tried to go online with mk9 today signed on to psn no problem but it still won't let me online with mk9 I reset my router and still get the same problem WHY!!!! fix this shit gamespy or I WILL FIND YOU this is getting old!

tried to go online with mk9 today signed on to psn no problem but it still won't let me online with mk9 I reset my router and still get the same problem WHY!!!! fix this shit gamespy or I WILL FIND YOU this is getting old!

I registered just to inform you guys on how to resolve this issue. What worked for a lot of guys in our South African MK community was to use Google's DNS servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. You can configure that in your router or PS3. Once you've done that, try connecting again. It worked for the majority of our community's players, hoping it will help some of you guys as well. :)