SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

I think [MENTION=5107]Taj Gill[/MENTION] and I are having the same interpretation.

Confirmed the time, seems like it follows what I said:

after Shinnok's defeat, seems like the revenants are free (what could explain Kuai Liang and, in the game, Kung Lao), and Sub-Zero was sent to the Kamidogu's mission, because Raiden certainly saw Shujinko's quest, he is probally running against time to avoid Onaga's return (this can mean Onaga won't be in the game too :'( ).

Anyway, I really liked the scar thing. He was meant to have that scar. It's like, no matter what happens, no matter what changes, something will always happen in the timeline to make him have that mark. Always marked for death.

(...)

Just one last thing: even without the comment, it was clear that wasn't pre-MK1. Imagine if it was. Scorpion was recently resurrected, he was at the peak of his rage. He gave up his commitment with Raiden just for vengeance.

Now he is a controlled being. He was not even unleashing his full rage.

He now even controls his eyes! lol

Finally, an answer on this.
I'll gladly man up and concede to being wrong.

Well, since that settles it, then I still stand by my theory of MKX Sub-Zero being Bi-Han.
Quan Chi is likely alive at the beginning of MK9, and the whole "Quan Chi's in the past" seems to be him saying "I no longer work for him."
I seriously doubt that a new Lin Kuei dressed as Sub-Zero would say that.

Yeah, but Sub-Zero from MKX doesn't have a scar. That is probally Kuai Liang after Netherrealm's defeat.

Glad that settles that.
On another note why do I get the feeling the feeling this comic will kill off a lot of characters Boon and co. don' care for. :p

Agree [MENTION=18134]Yellow Ledbetter[/MENTION], but in terms of who this Sub-Zero is, I'm still giving equal merit to both Brothers.

Bi-Han could be restored as Sub-Zero in the Soulnado, or after Quan Chi/Shinnok's defeat.

Same with Kuai.

There is no way one holds more merit over the other at this point, it's pure fan favouritism if you side with one Brother being Sub-Zero over the other in this game.

We just need to see what unfolds. This unforunately, cannot be accurately predicted, we need confirmation from the source.

Agree [MENTION=18134]Yellow Ledbetter[/MENTION], but in terms of who this Sub-Zero is, I'm still giving equal merit to both Brothers.

Bi-Han could be restored as Sub-Zero in the Soulnado, or after Quan Chi/Shinnok's defeat.

Same with Kuai.

There is no way one holds more merit over the other at this point, it's pure fan favouritism if you side with one being Sub-Zero over the other.

The whole thing is the scar.

If there is a Sub-Zero on the game without the scar, and now there is one who got the scar a few years after MK9 events, and we know Kuai Liang is more likely to have it, I assume it wasn't Bi-Han, and he is in the game instead.

Well, I hope #2 shows us who is him!

I just finish reading the comic and it was pretty good. Not award winning but it made me want to read the next issue. If this takes place a few years after MK9 then how is the Shirai Ryu back? Either Scropion create a new Shirai Ryu or the Elder Gods give him his wish after Shinnok is defeated. If he created a new Shirai Ryu then why didn't he do that in the original timeline?

Confirmed the time, seems like it follows what I said:

after Shinnok's defeat, seems like the revenants are free (what could explain Kuai Liang and, in the game, Kung Lao), and Sub-Zero was sent to the Kamidogu's mission, because Raiden certainly saw Shujinko's quest, he is probally running against time to avoid Onaga's return (this can mean Onaga won't be in the game too :'( ).
Yeah, but Sub-Zero from MKX doesn't have a scar. That is probally Kuai Liang after Netherrealm's defeat.

I think that will happen in the game, but not in the comics.
I think that the characters that die in the comics are the ones that already aren't in the game.

I mean, think about it:
If Quan Chi was defeated in the comics, which takes place in between MK9 and MKX, then Quan Chi wouldn't be in MKX and he wouldn't be playable.
He likely would just be a cameo.

Quan Chi being defeated is something that I could see in the MKX game, after the comics, and the same goes for Kung Lao.
Quan Chi seems to still be alive during the time of the comics, IMO.

What does the scar have to do with anything?
MKX Sub-Zero doesn't have a scar either?

I just finish reading the comic and it was pretty good. Not award winning but it made me want to read the next issue. If this takes place a few years after MK9 then how is the Shirai Ryu back? Either Scropion create a new Shirai Ryu or the Elder Gods give him his wish after Shinnok is defeated. If he created a new Shirai Ryu then why didn't he do that in the original timeline?

It outright says why it's back. Scorpion gathered together survivors from the Netherrealm War who had lost their families and homes.

He says in the comic that he gathered "survivors". People who lost their homes, their family,etc.

IIf Quan Chi was defeated in the comics, which are a prequel to the MKX game and right after MK9, then

15 years, which a number Kittelsen has mentioned before about when this comic takes place, isn't exactly "right after MK9."

And I really don't think Quan Chi's alive at this point, or at least not a threat. The Netherrealm War is said to be over, and if Kuai Liang or whichever of the Sub-Zero brothers this is no longer serves him, that really doesn't sound good for old Quan.

I just finished reading the komik and it's great! Loved it! All of it. 99 cents seems like a steal! In regards to Subbie though, ya know.. A scar wouldn't be a terribly hard thing to add/subtract from a character model. Maybe they removed the scar to incite speculation as to which brother it is. It also could simply be that the primary costume we've seen for Sub Zero is his 'older' character model and by that time the scar has healed. His alt costume may very well be the one featured in the comic. And I hope so because it looks fantastic! Either way, I'm glad to see the scar return.

With all due respect [MENTION=11230]Guyver Spawn[/MENTION], I suggest you reread the entire comic again if you missed that important Scorpion plot piece.

So I think Kenshi's apparently being around during the Netherrealm War definitely leans towards him being playable, as that's assuredly gong to be the story in the early years of MKX's plot. His helping Scorpion control his inner demons also definitely sounds like something that needs to be in the game.

I also think Takeda's chances of being playable are high up there. Kittelsen talks in this interview about wanting to pair up the new characters from the game with the old ones, to reveal more about both, and Scorpion and Takeda's new master/apprentice relationship certainly has me thinking about that...

Huh?
Why would 2 people be called Takeda in MK?
Takeda isn't a title.
It's his name.

That's the equivalent of having 2 Mileena, 2 Kitana, 2 Bi-Han or 2 Johnny Cage named characters.
Plus, MK9 also hinted that The Great Kung Lao and Kung Lao are 1 in the same, and that it's possible that the latter is the reincarnated version of the former.
Can you show me solid proof where it EXPLICITLY says that "Kung Lao" is a title and not a name? And last I checked, both Kung Laos are two different people on the exact same family tree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

At least we all agree that Scorpion interacting with someone who isn't Sub-Zero is awesome and adds a whole new depth to Scorp's story

I also think Takeda's chances of being playable are high up there. Kittelsen talks in this interview about wanting to pair up the new characters from the game with the old ones, to reveal more about both, and Scorpion and Takeda's new master/apprentice relationship certainly has me thinking about that...

Agreed. I think Forrest Fox is going to be Scorpion's "companion" in the Comics, similar to an enforcer role, while Scorpion grooms young Takeda. As it stands, I place Takeda's importance over Forrest Fox when it comes to new characters. I can also see Forrest Fox dying in the comic series..

At least we all agree that Scorpion interacting with someone who isn't Sub-Zero is awesome and adds a whole new depth to Scorp's story

I've been a Scorpion fan for a long time, he's always been my number one favourite, but this direction his character is going should earn him some more fans, especially from MK Fans who find his story extremely stale and are annoyed of him being Boon's baby.

Hey Taj could you post a pic of Forrest Fox? Can't remember what he looks like. Also his name reminds me of Rocket Raccoon. So damn cheesy yet interesting.