Johnny Cage Thread - "I make this look easy!"

well if it were not for dcp and him kicking my ass i would have sucked a lot more then i think i do, lol. just kidding i don't suck. I like dcp am always willing to help any one i'm no teacher but if you wanna spar with my kano and learn counters or how to get around sektors zoning,then i'll help you.

now i'm not a tournament level player but i know my shit well enough to play just about any character well.

well if it were not for dcp and him kicking my ass i would have sucked a lot more then i think i do, lol. just kidding i don't suck. I like dcp am always willing to help any one i'm no teacher but if you wanna spar with my kano and learn counters or how to get around sektors zoning,then i'll help you.

now i'm not a tournament level player but i know my shit well enough to play just about any character well.

Cool, but don't forget that Kratos blows d@@@s :) jk

Just a neat question for Johnny Cage users like myself :)

Which costume do you use?

1. Default
2. Default (Red pants)
3. Blue Tux
4. Black Tux

I either use the black tux or the default because I loved him in MK2
Default or Black tux, I mix it up all the time.

Cool, but don't forget that Kratos blows d@@@s :) jk

Ames' Kratos actually can give me a hard time. Well maybe because I've only fought Kratos like...4 times XD. But Still Kratos has some crazy shit going on for him.

i always use default , i like blue.

but really dont like his tux for some reason.. seems like im using a generic filler, rather than a shirtless-WARRIOR!!
i know its silly but hey!

it would be cool if when you choose the red alt, all his moves were red rather than green, like raidens alt.

the proper way to play johnny is to pressure constantly, and end everything in nut punch

my main bnbs are

2, 1, f+2, dash, f+3, nut punch
b+3, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, 4, 4 nut punch
f+4, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, 4, 4 nut punch
air to air you can either 1, 1, dash 2, dash 2, nut punch
air to air if theyre close to the ground f+3, nut punch
neutral jump, dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, 4 4 nut punch
corner is easy 2, 1, f+2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 4, nut punch
off an xray dash b+3, 2, 1, f+2, dash f+3 nut punch

johnnys best block strings are f+3, 2, nut punc if the 2 connects if not repeat f+3, 2 or you can 1, 1 or f+3, 3

Last edited:
I just got a double flawless against a raiden and finished it off with xray followed by babality. I then received a message saying "dcp dic k sucking douchebaag". people really hate dcp huh?

i am a pretty good johnny player, and im going to say this right now, johnny cage is not about combos, he is about frame traps. with johnny cage foward 3, nut punches and grabs are your best friend

Ever since I've bought MK9, I've used Johnny Cage more and more than I have in previous games. He has more of a character in this game than in past ones.

Johnny Cages second fatality

Did you know that originally Johnny Cage's 2nd fatality would involve him punching the opponent in the groin hard enough to shove his entire fist in it and he wiggles it around before pulling out with blood stained on his fist and internal organs attached and the victim would die then?

Re: Johnny Cages second fatality

Yeah agreed. BUT OH GOD THAT WOULD BE SO GROSS!!! Ahhh so violent too! I wish we had that instead of his normal second.