What Pad/Stick do you use?

It didn't take me long to get used to it, I like the fact that the buttons are bigger, it works great when you need to press 2 of them together like Rain's b2, 1+2 and Mileena's f3, 1+2. Not to mention that being able to switch the L-R buttons at the top is awesome.

I do love having the shoulder buttons L2/R2 on the face of the controller ( its makes kabal's dash cancels so much more fluid ) Im trying to break away from using the buttons on the top but its a tough habit to break. lol

i got the klassic fight stick, i love that damn thing. had a bit of a learning curve for mk9 but, it felt perfect with the arcade kollection. i use it to play metal slug and other old arcade games. it really takes me back to the old arcade days.

^^^^^^^^^^^ wow I'm jelly !

I use a hori ex2....... I'm planning on buying something from eightarc in the near future though..

images

I like the arcade stick that came with my MK9. I've had Hori sticks before but I prefer the traditional MK button layout as I can cover each button with each finger with my hand flat. The "run/switch" button by the thumb position works well for MK3's run tactics.

I've gotten used to the button and D-pad layout on my PSVita, although how do people pull off Kung Lao's fast 23232 combo on a controller. Are they using two fingers (like I would on an arcade stick) or just the thumb as usual?

The Hitbox kind of reminds me of when I used to play MK4 on the PC keyboard.

I like the arcade stick that came with my MK9. I've had Hori sticks before but I prefer the traditional MK button layout as I can cover each button with each finger with my hand flat. The "run/switch" button by the thumb position works well for MK3's run tactics.

I've gotten used to the button and D-pad layout on my PSVita, although how do people pull off Kung Lao's fast 23232 combo on a controller. Are they using two fingers (like I would on an arcade stick) or just the thumb as usual?

The Hitbox kind of reminds me of when I used to play MK4 on the PC keyboard.

Kung Lao's 2,1 *Rapid mash* string.*

I just mash it out with one finger, it's not that hard.

Anybody is allowed to use them, though.

Yeah but everyone is allowed to use Kabal too but that doesn't mean he isn't broken (bad example but you get the point). It's the best thing for movement. Movement in almost all fighting games is the most important thing. A D-pad is better than a stick but a stick has a right hand advantage so it's a double edged sword. But with the hitbox you get the same right hand advantage with the best movement available. Also the hitbox is only for ps3....

Last edited:
Yeah but everyone is allowed to use Kabal too but that doesn't mean he isn't broken (bad example but you get the point). Also the hitbox is only for ps3....

I thought that was a wonderful example, so wonderful in fact i wont thank you for this useful post but i will waste 20secs typing for you!!!

Im suprised they haven't been banned in tournaments though, considering there PS3 exclusive, for now

Yeah but everyone is allowed to use Kabal too but that doesn't mean he isn't broken (bad example but you get the point). Also the hitbox is only for ps3....

Yeah, you can mod it to work with the 360, though. The advantage isn't that great and if it gave so much if an advantage everybody would use one. Think of it as a tennis racket, you want the best one you can get, but if you're a bad player you'll still be bad.

Yeah, you can mod it to work with the 360, though. The advantage isn't that great and if it gave so much if an advantage everybody would use one. Think of it as a tennis racket, you want the best one you can get, but if you're a bad player you'll still be bad.

Yeah but mods cost money and the average Joe wouldn't know where to find one. The advantage is great Instant air moves and moves in Tekken where you have to hit forward 3 times. On a stick you would have to hit forward than go to neutral hit forward than go to neutral hit forward than go to neutral. But with a hitbox you can just triple tap a button. That imo is cheap as hell. Just because no top players are taking it seriously doesn't mean it isn't broken.

You can do things that a human can't do consistently on a hitbox. That to me is ridiculous.