Roster Speculation

Have you guys seen this picture Boon just posted on his twitter to tease about the video he's going to share tomorrow?! It looks like Kitana's fan. I'm really hoping its her, can't wait to see it

B7Q-GR6CEAA18b7.jpg

They are the correct names (Ala Fujin and Raijin) for the other elemental gods from Mythologies:

35. Chijin (Earth)
36. Kajin (Fire)
37. Suijin (Warter)

Oh I see. They'd make a good addition actually. Along with the woman in Jade's MK9 ending (who might be Delia).

24 Characters

Returning Characters

Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Raiden
Kano
Quan-Chi
Kung Lao
Kitana

Mileena
Liu Kang
Shinnok
Kenshi
Sonya Blade
Johnny Cage
Tanya
Bo' Rai' Cho
Reptile

New Characters

D'Vorah
Cassie Cage
Ferra/Torr
Kotal Kahn

Takeda
Salazar
Kung-Jin
Ron Tan' Cho

DLC

Goro
Jax
Smoke
Ermac

Comment: I hope I'm wrong, because this roster looks underwhelming.

24 Characters

Returning Characters

Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Raiden
Kano
Quan-Chi
Kung Lao
Kitana

Mileena
Liu Kang
Shinnok
Kenshi
Sonya Blade
Johnny Cage
Tanya
Bo' Rai' Cho
Reptile

New Characters

D'Vorah
Cassie Cage
Ferra/Torr
Kotal Kahn

Takeda
Salazar
Kung-Jin
Ron Tan' Cho

DLC

Goro
Jax
Smoke
Ermac

Comment: I hope I'm wrong, because this roster looks underwhelming.

One of the most realistic rosters I've seen, lol.

The only things I would change are replace Bo' with Jax, take Tanya out for Cyrax, Smoke, or Ermac (the game will have 1 MK3, I'm sure), and change Ron and Salazar to new characters we don't know yet (I think Ron Tan Cho and Salazar will be exclusive to the digital series).

Sadly, I definitely could see Bo' and Tanya being replaced by Jax/Cyrax/Smoke/Ermac, too.

I think the digital series is supposed to tie to the games, and seeing as they're main characters, too, it's hard to imagine they're not canon. However, apparently another generation fighter that Jax is training (his niece, perhaps?) could make an appearance in the comic, so she'll likely have a spot as well.

Yeah, Ron Tan Cho and Salazar are lead characters in the series; I can't see them not being in the game, as it sounds like they really want to focus on characters actually in the game for the show. Legacy didn't exactly have any original characters as leads, either.

Plus, there's a character in a panel in the latest comic who I'm positive is totally Salazar.

Yeah, Ron Tan Cho and Salazar are lead characters in the series; I can't see them not being in the game, as it sounds like they really want to focus on characters actually in the game for the show. Legacy didn't exactly have any original characters as leads, either.

Plus, there's a character in a panel in the latest comic who I'm positive is totally Salazar.
Eh. I'm fine with Salazar if he plays good, but I will never get over Ron Tan Cho's name.

I guess Forest Fox will be in and maybe 'faceless' will turn out to be one of his variations giving him some demonic abilities.

Im hoping Forest Fox makes it. ESPECIALLY the faceless version.

Me too. Funny how fans were hating on this character before this comic coming out saying stuff like "I think he looks stupid. I hope he dies quick". Now it looks most people here seem to like him pretty well.

That's how it seems to go...we decide we love and hate characters before we use them and sometimes even see them in games..NRS knows what they are doing and maybe it's working...but I still hate their marketing strategy ...though I'm not a marketer and know nothing about that .

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

Hey, i've just read the 3rd episode of the MKX comic book, and here are the characters that appear and could be confirmed soon for the game :
Fujin (p 18 )
Reiko, Mileena (p 19)
and the Sky's temple background ! (one of my favorite in MK:D)

Page 19 also appear a mysterious white ninja along Kotal Khan and a boxing/MMA young girl... new characters ?

PS : the "faceless" version of Forrest Fox reminds me Havik !